HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kadri vs Seguin

View Poll Results: Kadri or Seguin?
Kadri 202 31.51%
Seguin 439 68.49%
Voters: 641. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Schalkenullvier*

vCash: 500
don't fool yourselves leaf fans, on the leafs Seguin would have played Center from day one, it's just that the leafs don't have a center even in the same universe as David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron. Will people say Jeff Carer sucks as a center because he plays wing with the kings? Same with Braden Schenn... Kadri couldn't crack a line-up with Tyler Bozak as their #1C (lol).

Seguin has going for him: Earlier to crack the NHL (on an elite team that is), better junior career, and he's actually scored close to 30 goals and 70 points in the NHL before.

Kadri has going for him: PPG through 30 or so games

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
It's closer than the responses in this thread indicate.

But let's wait until Nazem Kadri finishes this season, and continues next season at the same pace before we start comparing him with more proven offensive players.

Kyle Turris, Sam Gagner and the like are fine comparisons because they really haven't proven anything at the NHL level. On the other hand, Tyler Seguin had a great sophomore campaign in 11/12 posting 29G-67pts at age 20.

IT'S TYLER SEGUIN NOT SEQUIN. SEGUIN SEGUIN SEGUIN SEGUIN SEGUIN

HockeyThoughts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
don't fool yourselves leaf fans, on the leafs Seguin would have played Center from day one, it's just that the leafs don't have a center even in the same universe as David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron. Will people say Jeff Carer sucks as a center because he plays wing with the kings? Same with Braden Schenn... Kadri couldn't crack a line-up with Tyler Bozak as their #1C (lol).

Seguin has going for him: Earlier to crack the NHL (on an elite team that is), better junior career, and he's actually scored close to 30 goals and 70 points in the NHL before.

This is the end all be for me.
Until Seguin is better than these guys, he's not the player I thought he'd be on draft day.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
I honestly don't get what people see in seguin.

he's fast but not elite fast.

he's got a good but not elite shot.

he's got good but not elite hands.

his shies away from the physical stuff completly, and his compete level is questionable at best.

Nothing jaw-droppingly impressive about his skillset, with some major weaknesses to boot.

am i missing something with this kid? Why do people seem to think he's an automatic superstar?
Never change zeke

Posts like these make me smile... Kid is so good gets leafs fans like zeke worked up

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:36 PM
tml145

Seguin is more comparable to Hall and Skinner

he hasn't played center in the NHL

and never will because his speed is more useful at the wing

i wish we had Seguin on the Leafs

he is an amazing player and is more proven than Kadri

tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:47 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Seguin has been groomed to replace Phil Kessel as a skating right winger who can snipe. Kind of funny.
He spent all of the last real training camp as a center. It's a pretty good bet he would've had some looks there this year as well had there not been a lock out.

Honestly, the only thing I can say for certain is they're trying to groom him into an all around two-way forward. Whether it's at C or W, I don't know. The Bruins committing long term to Seguin tells you how they view him IMO.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

oh Zeke...

We have all lost count with the number of failed claims you have made.

I thought you had exiled yourself from the boards in shame to be completely honest...

Kadri has played well for about 40% of a season. He has a long long way to go before I would ever take him over Seguin (who is also 2 years younger in development mind you)

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:05 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
I'm bookmarking this thread, so in a couple of years when Seguin is a superstar and when Kadri is a second liner, Leafs fans will look ridiculous.
Just like the Brayden Schenn vs. Kadri poll?

The poll that was Schenn ANIEC that needed to be locked because HFboards lost all credibility.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:09 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Take out the Leafs and Bruins fans and you get a much more accurate poll of HFs overall opinion right now, which is Seguin, not that close.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
I honestly don't get what people see in seguin.

he's fast but not elite fast.

he's got a good but not elite shot.

he's got good but not elite hands.

his shies away from the physical stuff completly, and his compete level is questionable at best.

Nothing jaw-droppingly impressive about his skillset, with some major weaknesses to boot.

am i missing something with this kid? Why do people seem to think he's an automatic superstar?
His compete level isn't questionable at all. Hardest back checker on the team (which on the Bruins, is saying something), skates hard, and doesn't take nights off.

He doesn't absorb body contact all that well and struggles protecting the puck vs bigger defenders. He's what? 21? I'm sure it'll come around like the rest of his game is starting to. To call him tissue soft or to suggest he shies away is absurd though. He's made big strides this year in terms of delivering body contact. In terms of hitting, he's been every bit as physical as every other Bruins top-6 forward not named Lucic.

So many inaccurate analysis/opinions of Seguin game in this thread.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:14 PM
tml145

no need to **** on Seguin to boost Kadri

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-24-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: filter'
tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:19 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
no need to **** on Seguin to boost Kadri
Good luck with that

Apparently he's only a "60ish point winger"

Seguin's my least favourite player in the league but that's hilarious. The kid's supremely talented and only 21. Everyone crapping on him and pumping Kadri with ridiculous statements like that just sound insecure.

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-24-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: qmep
7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Takashi

Seguin ainec

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post

Wasn't about Kadri "cracking the lineup" it's about long term development. Besides, RW wanted him as a winger, not center.

Giroux couldn't crack the lineup of a 29th place team. He sucks, right?

I like how when guys don't make the lineup people think they aren't better than others on the team. No, sometimes it's better for their development.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:34 PM
mapes

As for the topic, it's closer than most say/think, but still say Seguin.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:59 PM
zeke
#freewilly

A lot of anger, and a lot of insults being thrown around.

But still, not one person on the thread has actually given a reason as to why they think Seguin is so good that he should be treated like a lock to be a superstar.

zeke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:01 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

I'll reserve judgement for another year.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:09 PM
ponder

Leafs fan, love Kadri, but this is Seguin AINEC.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Leafs21

Sample size is too small, only time will tell. Right now Kadri is clearly playing better but I think Seguin has a better skillset and a more promising future

Leafs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:

But still, not one person on the thread has actually given a reason as to why they think Seguin is so good that he should be treated like a lock to be a superstar.
I would rather have Seguin as I think his ceiling is higher, he has a better skillset, and he's playing on a better team. He may not have the same point totals as Kadri this year, but he's been a really solid three zone forward and I see the potential that he possesses. I'm still willing to say the jury is out on Kadri until he does this for more than a season, especially considering this is a shortened one.

I think the only way people will give him any credit is if he keeps his play up consistently over a few seasons. Even then people will knock him, solely because of the fact that he's a leaf and the Ontario bias that is prevalent and rampant among sports panels, hockey radio, and the general hockey watching community. Rightfully or wrongfully, that will be what'll happen. It's disappointing, but expected.

I personally don't have any of the hate for him, Other than the fact that he will make the Bruins pay for years to come(my personal opinion). Kadri has done nothing but prove me wrong and play well this year. I like when it happens as it doesn't happen often.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Kulemon

Stop. Now.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
players don't suddenly get switched from wing to center 4 or 5 years into their careers

especially when they have success on the wing
Your favourite team's former captain did.

FrozenJagrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
Take out the Leafs and Bruins fans and you get a much more accurate poll of HFs overall opinion right now, which is Seguin, not that close.
You are from RI, I'm sure you are a bruins fan! And no I am not a Leafs fan

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:

the question isn't if Seguin is gonna be a superstar though, it's Seguin vs. Kadri.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
This is the end all be for me.
Until Seguin is better than these guys, he's not the player I thought he'd be on draft day.
This is what I don't understand...

Seguin is faster, has a better shot, and better acceleration than both Krejci and Bergeron...WHY THE HELL would Julien move Seguin to center when hed be a far better wing than Krejci/Bergeron (which would need to happen to move Seguin to center). Especially when we're an elite team in the East! Seguin is a great wing, hed be a great center too, he wont all of a sudden become a 50 point player if he moves to the middle

Moving Seguin over to center is absolutely pointless when we're doing so well. That doesn't mean he can't play center.

If the Oilers drafted Seguin up to this point he wouldnt have played ONE game at wing.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote