HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kadri vs Seguin

View Poll Results: Kadri or Seguin?
Kadri 202 31.51%
Seguin 439 68.49%
Voters: 641. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Count Von Grabo*

vCash: 500
I voted Kadri cause I'm a homer. But people saying Kadri has a PPG and he won't keep it up, I disagree. He's been by far our best player, he has done it all this season, creates 3-4 great scoring chances a game, and throws some big hits too. I love the guy.

I'm not saying he's better than Seguin, but give Kadri some respect.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Pi

Seguin: Winger now.
Kadri: Center now.

Kadri: Beats Seguin in playmaking and vision.
Segui: Beats Kadri in shot and speed.

Intangibles, Yeah, I'll go there: Kadri is not afraid of going into dirty areas to get a puck. He'll hit just about anybody in a position to be hit. He also possesses the ability to make players around him better...

MacArthur, Frattin, Kulemin, Komarov etc all have benefitted by playing with Kadri and gone cold as soon as they aren't playing with him.

In the last two games, he's hit Thornton, Campbell without caring how tough they are or them maybe instigating and fighting him.

Last night he dropped Horton, Krejci and hit Ference hard.

Watch Seguin properly and you will see, he's just slightly less softer than Kessel. He could have easily tied the game last night if he was willing to battle it out in front of the net.

If Kadri can keep being the Leafs best player and put up points close to Seguin, it's a no brainer with everything else that Kadri does.

Seguin is 4th on the Bruins in scoring...he doesn't stand out the way you expect a top pick to stand out. He's just like Marchand, Horton, Lucic etc, secondary player on a deep team.

Consistency is going to be key for both players going forward...usually the stars in this league are consistently good...they can have a bad game but it doesn't turn into a prolonged slump.

Side note: It's funny that Seguin's +/- stat is almost higher than the points he has...just shows you how useless that stat is.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Anth93

Seguin leads the league in empty net points also for what it's worth.

He's better, but this year based on impact.. Once again it's Mr. Kadri.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
burstnbloom

Kadri is 20 months older than Seguin. When Kadri was Seguin's age he scored at around the same PPG pace in the AHL that Seguin is doing right now in the NHL. Kadri is a hell of a player and he's worked hard to get to the point that he is at now, but if the gripe about Seguin is that he doesn't have as much of a physical edge, maybe you need to compare apples to apples and take a look at him at the end of next season, which is where Kadri is now in terms of his development.

Seguin and Kadri are comparable players now, Kadri might get a slight edge, but Seguin is a much more valuable asset.

burstnbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:18 PM
tml145

everyone is a homer

but most Leafs fans know Seguin is better at this point in their careers based on NHL games played

also Kadri is still shaking of the bust label

i think Leafs fans look for a reason to hate Seguin because they know he could have been ours

even I did sometimes

but now since the emergence of Kadri i dont care anymore

both will be playing against each other for a long time

if Seguin is converted back to center it will be a better comparison

Last edited by tml145: 03-24-2013 at 06:28 PM.
tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
everyone is a homer

but most Leafs fans know Seguin is better at this point in their careers based on NHL games played

also Kadri is still shaking of the bust label

i think Leafs fans look for a reason to hate Seguin because they know he could have been ours

even I did sometimes

but now since the emergence of Kadri i dont care anymore

both will be playing against each other for a long time

if Seguin is converted back to center it will be a better comparison
If you would have had that pick you would have struck out with someone like Nino, Johansen, or Connolly

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Sundinisagod
the tank is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
I'm bookmarking this thread, so in a couple of years when Seguin is a superstar and when Kadri is a second liner, Leafs fans will look ridiculous.

Did you bookmark all those threads proclaiming Kadri a bust as well?

The haters are actually looking pretty ridiculous now, don't ya think?

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:42 PM
BadBruins

I've only missed a few of Seguin's 200+ NHL games (at 21). He's shown consistent development in every aspect. Most recently in the physical and defensive department. This after taking a huge leap offensively last year leading a 49-29-4 team in goals and points. Apparently that's a 20 year old 2nd overall pick looking like a future secondary player.

I won't argue that Seguin's primarily a skilled perimeter player, but as it stands, he would currently be on pace for roughly 52 hits over a full season (doubling his output last season). Kessel has 50 combined hits over the last 5 years. Apparently that's a slightly less soft Kessel. In Kessel's NHL 3rd season he had 6 ****ing hits. That's not a typo. 6. S-I-X.

I should probably leave and ignore this thread while I still can. Some of the uninformed opinions from Leaf fans are just so far off base, I'll be here all night trying to defend a player who really shouldn't need defending in certain areas.

If certain Leaf fans are really intent on point out Seguin's warts, at least point out aspects of the game that he actually struggles in. He's not a perfect player. If you were to say he's a perimeter player who's feet and hands sometimes move faster than his brain, I would probably consider that a legitimate criticism.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM
The Newfoundlander
#TradeKessel

vCash: 150
I'll say Seguin just based on the small sample size Kadri has right now. However if this level of play from Kadri continues into next season, Kadri will pull away from Seguin by a good margin.

The Newfoundlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstnbloom View Post
Kadri is 20 months older than Seguin. When Kadri was Seguin's age he scored at around the same PPG pace in the AHL that Seguin is doing right now in the NHL. Kadri is a hell of a player and he's worked hard to get to the point that he is at now, but if the gripe about Seguin is that he doesn't have as much of a physical edge, maybe you need to compare apples to apples and take a look at him at the end of next season, which is where Kadri is now in terms of his development.

Seguin and Kadri are comparable players now, Kadri might get a slight edge, but Seguin is a much more valuable asset.
This is the best post in this thread. Read it, everyone. Its the truth.

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
David McConnor
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
I'm not exactly Kadri's biggest fan, but Tyler Seguin is easily one of the most overrated players in the NHL.

David McConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime View Post
I'm not exactly Kadri's biggest fan, but Tyler Seguin is easily one of the most overrated players in the NHL.
couldn't agree more!! Seguin plays on a great team with great linemates. I am no Boston insider but it seems to me thats he a cocky kid with a not so excellent work ethic.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Is a Bruins fan and zeke willing to step up to do another avatar bet? I think the last one was Bozak vs Seguin (?) and I believe zeke lost it although I'm not quite sure.

Kadri vs. Seguin. If Seguin gets more points, zeke wears a Bruins fans choice of avatar for a year. If Kadri gets more points, a Bruins fan wears zeke's avatar of choice for a year. Injury rules are determined by the Bruins poster and zeke. You two down?

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstnbloom View Post

Stop misleading about the age difference. Kadri is less than 15 months older than Seguin. They are a year apart for all intents and purposes.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:02 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Is a Bruins fan and zeke willing to step up to do another avatar bet? I think the last one was Bozak vs Seguin (?) and I believe zeke lost it although I'm not quite sure.

Kadri vs. Seguin. If Seguin gets more points, zeke wears a Bruins fans choice of avatar for a year. If Kadri gets more points, a Bruins fan wears zeke's avatar of choice for a year. Injury rules are determined by the Bruins poster and zeke. You two down?
done and done.

last bet was Bozak's points vs. Krejci/Bergeron. Unfortunately Bozak has seemed to top out at a 50-55 pt kind of pace instead of the 60-65pt pace I thought he'd be at, and where Krejci and Bergeron usually sit.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
This is the best post in this thread. Read it, everyone. Its the truth.
Actually, the very first part of that post was an outright lie, so that's not a good start.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
done and done.

last bet was Bozak's points vs. Krejci/Bergeron. Unfortunately Bozak has seemed to top out at a 50-55 pt kind of pace instead of the 60-65pt pace I thought he'd be at, and where Krejci and Bergeron usually sit.
Thanks for the clarification.

Have any willing Bruins fans here? You're betting Tyler Seguin will score more points than Nazem Kadri next season (work out something injury wise if you want with zeke). If Seguin outscores Kadri, you pick zeke's avatar for a year. If Kadri outscores Seguin, zeke chooses your avatar for a year.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
conway902

Like what has been said in all the Hall vs Seguin threads........
I take the Center over the winger

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
I've only missed a few of Seguin's 200+ NHL games (at 21). He's shown consistent development in every aspect. Most recently in the physical and defensive department. This after taking a huge leap offensively last year leading a 49-29-4 team in goals and points. Apparently that's a 20 year old 2nd overall pick looking like a future secondary player.

I won't argue that Seguin's primarily a skilled perimeter player, but as it stands, he would currently be on pace for roughly 52 hits over a full season (doubling his output last season). Kessel has 50 combined hits over the last 5 years. Apparently that's a slightly less soft Kessel. In Kessel's NHL 3rd season he had 6 ****ing hits. That's not a typo. 6. S-I-X.

I should probably leave and ignore this thread while I still can. Some of the uninformed opinions from Leaf fans are just so far off base, I'll be here all night trying to defend a player who really shouldn't need defending in certain areas.

If certain Leaf fans are really intent on point out Seguin's warts, at least point out aspects of the game that he actually struggles in. He's not a perfect player. If you were to say he's a perimeter player who's feet and hands sometimes move faster than his brain, I would probably consider that a legitimate criticism.
I Don't think Kessel has any thing to do with Kadri vs Seguin?

Old
03-24-2013, 09:26 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Like what has been said in all the Hall vs Seguin threads........
I take the Center over the winger
What's that supposed to mean. Hall and Seguin are both wingers this year! If you meant that you would take the center, Kadri, over the winger, Seguin, then yea I agree.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
The Bruin fans will say that Kessel does because he was traded to Tor for Seguin plus Dougie (which isn't true because those picks could have been anyone). Not a leafs fan just a fact stater that knows how east coast people are.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP0RTSFANATIC98 View Post
What's that supposed to mean. Hall and Seguin are both wingers this year! If you meant that you would take the center, Kadri, over the winger, Seguin, then yea I agree.
For a few years people would say I would rather Seguin "the center" over Hall the "the winger"

I go with guy who actually plays center

Old
03-24-2013, 09:39 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
My bad, I forgot to quote Pi (Leafs fan). How's this? Does it make sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Watch Seguin properly and you will see, he's just slightly less softer than Kessel. He could have easily tied the game last night if he was willing to battle it out in front of the net.

Seguin is 4th on the Bruins in scoring...he doesn't stand out the way you expect a top pick to stand out. He's just like Marchand, Horton, Lucic etc, secondary player on a deep team.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
My bad, I forgot to quote Pi (Leafs fan). How's this? Does it make sense now.

36 goals in 70 games brah.

than Tyler Seguin is on pace for 23 in 70 games.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Garbs

zeke, p4p greatest poster.

Garbs is offline   Reply With Quote