HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks @ Avs-3/24-6MT|donnons aux équipes 2 points pour les playoffs !

Old
03-25-2013, 10:10 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
ROR looked good to me. He's not the best skater and most flashy player and does lots of those small and 'invisible' things.

Last edited by InjuredChoker: 03-25-2013 at 02:34 PM.
InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Most of us do. Bender and I blast Sacco for not being capable of implementing a puck possession game which makes use of proper passing mechanics. But these are nhl guys, I can't let myself believe they are at fault so much as a lack of system and understanding for where to pass to are at fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
It still could be Sacco's system, but the WHOLE effin team besides EJ, Parenteau, and ROR cannot effin make a simple pass or catch one. That is why I am wondering if it has more to do with the players than Sacco.
We simply don't have the players to employ a puck possession game. Certainly not on defense. Just look at how the team played when Barrie was playing a major role--and it's not like he played perfect hockey or anything, just managed to be a defenseman who could actually KEEP the puck on his stick once he had it. Makes all the difference in the world. Better coaching would certainly help, but no way would any coach be able to employ an effective puck possession game with the players we have on the ice.

I'd love to see the possession #s the team had at the team's start when both O'Reilly and Barrie weren't in the lineup. I imagine they were horrendous. And I guarantee our possession numbers go way, way down when shot-blocking extraordinaires Zanon and O'Byrne are on the ice.

We simply need better players in terms of puck possession. Far, far too many dump-and-chase types. The GM needs to look into players who drive possession. It'd be nice if the Avs had someone on the payroll who focused on advanced stats. But given these cheapskates, who am I kidding?

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
GOAT

vCash: 50
Yeah, we may have 99 problems, but O'reilly ain't one.

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Yeah, we may have 99 problems, but O'reilly ain't one.
Actually he is 6.5 of them.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Actually he is 6.5 of them.
Yeah, he might be in the future with that contract, but right now I don't think he is.

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
ROR looked good to me. He's not the best skater and most flashy player and does lots of those small and 'invincible' things.
I assume you ment invisible not invincible. In either case you just described Stastny. And pretty much everyone hates Stastny around these parts.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
I assume you ment invisible not invincible. In either case you just described Stastny. And pretty much everyone hates Stastny around these parts.
I don't.

03-25-2013, 02:13 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Difference is, O'Reilly does it a lot more, and with more tenacity. You can tell every game when comparing the two play as to who wants it more, every game it seems like its O'Reilly. Stastny's decline started under Sucko and, unfortunately, I think he checked out completely last season when Stewart and Galiardi were traded

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Yes, fixed.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I don't.
Neither do I. It's sad that the majority do.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Neither do I. It's sad that the majority do.
That's all the people following Dater with pitchforks and torches all screaming "BUT HE ISN'T WORTH $6 MILLION!"

I gained a lot of respect for Jibblescribbits recently. On a night when Dater was acting downright crazy on Twitter, he posted some very good arguments as to why Stastny hasn't put up good numbers. I don't think Stastny should be excused for poor play anymore than the rest of the team, but I think a lot of the stuff dissing him these days is mostly just inertia-based.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:53 PM
The Kingslayer

Wait people are angry at ROR? For what? playing hard tough hockey and putting up numbers with 3rd line dudes? Cmon people. The story of this team begins and ends on the blueline. EJ is not the guy to lead yet needs help aint getting it end of story...oh and Sacco couldnt coach my sisters jump rope team let alone a pro team.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Any reason in particular, or gut feeling?

Only ask because I've not noticed the team rally around his play as much as they seem to when guys like Dutch, PAP, and Lando, turn it on. Seems like a pretty professional/business like vibe to me, but I really only see it through the TV, and admit I am not always looking for it.
I guess it's a gut feeling but also the rest of the guys get that it's a business. Most of them have been through negotiations before and know what it can be like. Now, there are probably quite a few guys on the team that would have liked him to have been there to start the year but I doubt that any of the guys are pissed at him at all.
There hasn't been much to get excited or rally around about this year, it's been a forgettable season that can't end fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
I've been saying this for quite some time. Sacco sucks and has to go but these 'players' have been playing this sport their whole lives and seemingly can't make simple plays and passes to save their lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
It still could be Sacco's system, but the WHOLE effin team besides EJ, Parenteau, and ROR cannot effin make a simple pass or catch one. That is why I am wondering if it has more to do with the players than Sacco.
Well, let's see, these are the SAME guys who were with the team last year, for the most part and the Avs weren't out of the playoffs until the last week of the season, if I remember correctly. I don't remember hearing too many gripes about the passing last season when the playoffs were still a possibility. It's the same core plus we added PAP and the guys are a year older, they should be much better than they are showing.

Bender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:41 AM
slovakfan*

so, are Avs gonna win @ Bucks?
how does Stastny line feels?

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote