HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over

Old
03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I hope everyone enjoyed those meaningful games into march. Maybe next year!

Insta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I honestly think Yzerman is a giant fraud of a GM in Tampa Bay. He's done nothing to warrant the praise he gets, he's riding his likable image from his playing days.

We can't afford to take any risks at the management or coaching levels IMO.

Tambellini and Krueger *were* our "risky left field" cards. We've played those.
Agreed. He's done a terrible job of building that blue line out in TBay - overpaying Carle, Ohlund, Salo, and Brewer to help out Hedman.

Hedman's far and away their best defenseman - but after that, and with their goaltending - complete gong show defensively.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Sheikyerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Look at Bergevin, Cheveldayoff and to a lesser extent Yzerman.

Less experience doesn't mean bad GM.

Get rid of Lowe and Tambo. Bring in an up and comer who isn't completely green behind the ears. MacT is a smart guy who knows hockey. Keep him around as the assistant GM.

Most important thing though is to turf Krueger and jump on Jon Cooper before it's too late. He's a guy you take a risk on.

I totally agree on Cooper. He'd pair nice with Dudley because of his coaching experience. Hiring Burke would tarnish Lowe a bit and it doesn't sit well with me. I hammer his poor decisions but I really like Kevin Lowe and he is a great Oiler.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

I'd rather not have an ex-player as a GM - I'd go for a business mind. Someone that watches the game enough and understands the business enough to make professional decisions with asset management.

Mike Gillis, Peter Chiarelli, Bryan Murray - these kind of guys.

There's a difference between an executive mind-state and that of a former player.

All we've had in our midst for a while now are these "former players" - even Slats.

The new NHL is about getting the right kind of minds in management - we're failing horribly at that.

Old
dnicks17

Tambellini basically followed the same path, with as much experience, as the majority of the GMs in the league right now.

You can't let him ruin your perception of GMs.

He's a dud. Plain and simple. But that doesn't mean every "unproven" GM is going to suck as hard as Tambo does.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Q Continuum
The trial never ends

vCash: 691
With Jarmo getting on in Columbus, I'd like to see the Oilers look towards Europe. An entire continent of untapped potential at the HC and GM position.

Things can't get any worse anyway, might as well try.

Q Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:53 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
With Jarmo getting on in Columbus, I'd like to see the Oilers look towards Europe. An entire continent of untapped potential at the HC and GM position.

Things can't get any worse anyway, might as well try.
Agreed - I'm sure there are some management extraordinaires hiding out in Sweden.

The Detroit organization probably has an entire phonebook of capable men ready.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Yikes. Tencer is in full on excuse mode tonight.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Philly85
Moody'

The Oilers are a poorly coached team with literally no game plan. Bottom line.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ragss

Ebs has been nigh useless for a while now. Yak, on the other hand, has been playing better every game. Couldn't believe he was left with Belenger all damn night.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:55 AM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
As if the Oiler media and Captain called out the fans for showing there displeasure with the team. Heres an idea jackasses, put out a half decent effort and bring in guys to complete a half decent team and maybe you wouldn't get booed. Hope next home game theres a Tambo Must Go chant, I'm sure the Oiler media would be calling us awful fans! You knoow us fans who have put up with 5 years of rebuilding without getting to upset about it and still sold out Rexall 41 games a year. I dont know why but it makes me extremely mad that Horcoff was also involved in calling the fans out. Makes it look like it was an Oiler propaganda thing instead of just Tencer being his normal ****** self.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
As if the Oiler media and Captain called out the fans for showing there displeasure with the team. Heres an idea jackasses, put out a half decent effort and bring in guys to complete a half decent team and maybe you wouldn't get booed. Hope next home game theres a Tambo Must Go chant, I'm sure the Oiler media would be calling us awful fans! You knoow us fans who have put up with 5 years of rebuilding without getting to upset about it and still sold out Rexall 41 games a year. I dont know why but it makes me extremely mad that Horcoff was also involved in calling the fans out. Makes it look like it was an Oiler propaganda thing instead of just Tencer being his normal ****** self.
I've been criticizing the Edmonton sports media and the organization for attempting to brainwash the fans for a while now and tonight's complaints from Tencer, Horcoff etc. were the final nail in the coffin. We pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league and we've watched the worst product in the league for the majority of the past seven seasons and they have the gall to call us out? **** 'em.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
Ebs has been nigh useless for a while now. Yak, on the other hand, has been playing better every game. Couldn't believe he was left with Belenger all damn night.
Yaaaaay, 6 mill per after 1.5 good years!

I love Ebs but ****... he's been horrible this years. Done **** all.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Sheikyerbouti

Jarmo was unique in that he runs in NHL circles. He was trained in the NHL and left because he couldn't get a GM job. A Euro only GM doesn't have the ability to "call in favours" someone with NHL experience does. The fact it took Jarmo this long to get a job is proof that it's still a club.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Yaaaaay, 6 mill per after 1.5 good years!

I love Ebs but ****... he's been horrible this years. Done **** all.
Don't worry. His gutless, poor play can be totally attributed to that broken finger. *sarcasm*

Old
03-24-2013, 02:07 AM
dnicks17

Jack Johnson broke Eberle.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:08 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Jack Johnson broke Eberle.
Cause he was on such a hot streak before then...

Old
03-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Cause he was on such a hot streak before then...
He was playing alright before that hit and had scored a few Eberlesque goals. Since then... nada.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I've been criticizing the Edmonton sports media and the organization for attempting to brainwash the fans for a while now and tonight's complaints from Tencer, Horcoff etc. were the final nail in the coffin. We pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league and we've watched the worst product in the league for the majority of the past seven seasons and they have the gall to call us out? **** 'em.
It's really shameful, especially after Katz's little stunt in Seattle. The attitude this organization has is unreal, they really don't appreciate the fans, that much is clear.

I hope people start calling for Tambo and Lowe's head. Fire up the chants, it's time. These clowns need to go ASAP. Do you think Leafs fans regret their chanting? Nah, I'm pretty sure they're happy that their team is actually progressing.

I understand if season ticket holders go to games, by all means at least attempt to get your moneys worth. But for the rest of the fans, please just stay home or go have some fun doing something else. These roaches do not deserve your hard earned money, nor do they deserve much loyalty.

You think Seattle would support this garbage, Katz? You wouldn't even come close to the sales you generate in Edmonton, even if they won a championship in Seattle. Katz needs to wake the **** up, he's screwed up royally and it's time for BIG change.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:10 AM
dnicks17

That was the last time Eberle was in stick's reach of the blue paint.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Sheikyerbouti

Remember the EIG.. not fair to hammer Katz. He isn't running the team, he's bankrolling it and building a new arena. As long as he is willing to spend to the cap we should be thankful. We rebuilt because we didn;t have a choice, he came in wanting to to win and I bet it as frustratated as us right now

my 2 cents

Old
03-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Soundwave

Quote:

That was the last time Eberle was in stick's reach of the blue paint.
It looks to me like he hurt his hand on the fall to the ice more than the hit itself. His entire body weight came down on his wrist.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
It's really shameful, especially after Katz's little stunt in Seattle. The attitude this organization has is unreal, they really don't appreciate the fans, that much is clear.

I hope people start calling for Tambo and Lowe's head. Fire up the chants, it's time. These clowns need to go ASAP. Do you think Leafs fans regret their chanting? Nah, I'm pretty sure they're happy that their team is actually progressing.

I understand if season ticket holders go to games, by all means at least attempt to get your moneys worth. But for the rest of the fans, please just stay home or go have some fun doing something else. These roaches do not deserve your hard earned money, nor do they deserve much loyalty.

You think Seattle would support this garbage, Katz? You wouldn't even come close to the sales you generate in Edmonton, even if they won a championship in Seattle. Katz needs to wake the **** up, he's screwed up royally and it's time for BIG change.
If Katz doesn't make wholesale changes from top to bottom this summer then... I dunno. It's mind-boggling to me how somebody who is clearly a smart and shrewd businessman can turn a blind eye to what is going on here.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:19 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
If Katz doesn't make wholesale changes from top to bottom this summer then... I dunno. It's mind-boggling to me how somebody who is clearly a smart and shrewd businessman can turn a blind eye to what is going on here.
Yeah, it's not like he has to get over-involved like some owners, but he certainly has to at least hire a new president.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:22 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Yeah, it's not like he has to get over-involved like some owners, but he certainly has to at least hire a new president.
I don't think Lowe is going anywhere, again Burke would be our best bet in this scenario, because he does things his way and Lowe would bow down to the alpha male.

Either that or they'd fight in a barn, but at least that'd be entertaining.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote