HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas Stars FIRE sale

Old
03-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems

vCash: 500
Dallas Stars FIRE sale

With trade deadline less than a couple weeks away, the Stars will be sellers and have a few assets that other teams may find desirable. GMJN has already made the mistake of losing attractable free agents in the offseason, and with Tom Gaglardi breathing down his neck there will be deals to be done.

Quote:
“It’s important for us to make the playoffs, and I don’t want to suggest it’s not,” Gaglardi said. “But it’s more important to make sure we keep getting better. We’ve got nine or 10 first- or second-year players at any time. I don’t think making the playoffs is the end-all, be-all."
Quote:
“Having said that, when the season began, I thought we’d be a playoff team. To say I expect it now? That’s a small stretch.”
Available verterans:

Robidas -
Pros = 3/4 Dmen, hard working, durable
Cons = not physical, and is an idiot playmaker

Roy -
Pros = second line center, crafty as hell
Cons = small, not physical

Jagr -
Pros = controls the puck like a boss, can turn super sayian and take over the game, wicked wrist shot, been great defensively, great with the kids
Cons = not much, he still has it

Dallas will be looking for players 25 and under, prospects, or picks. If interested post an offer!

Update:

Pens Morrow + 5th for Stars Morrow + 3rd

Last edited by Nemeth: 03-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Eskimo44

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:10 PM
socratic

Could someone refresh my memory on the relationship between jagr and pittsburgh? Was too much bad blood created when he signed with philly?

If those 2 parties could get along, and if Pittsburgh failed to land Iginla, I'd love to see them go after Jagr.

And what's the deal with Morrow? What kind of interest would he be expected to draw? I don't get to watch Dallas play, but from what I gather he's fallen way, way off from his glory days - though obviously some teams may still have some interest in his experience.

I could see a young-ish team grabbing Morrow if the felt they were going to make the playoffs - maybe a Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal, but I can't see them giving up much to get him.

socratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
frankthetank91

How does Robidas for Liles sound?

Need some more RHD.

frankthetank91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:17 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
one pt out of the playoffs and we have YET ANOTHER fire sale thread.

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post

Need some more RHD.
Like garbage? Robidas is our best defenseman, and our problem is that we have too many undersized d already.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

How's Nystrom been and what do you want for him?

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:20 PM
JesusBouillon

Jagr to MTL for a second round pick plus Kristo.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:21 PM
English stars fan

Quote:

Need some more RHD.
No interest in Liles. We have enough small left handed PMD already! Trading away our only right shot D-man for Liles is a dumb move.

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Like garbage? Robidas is our best defenseman, and our problem is that we have too many undersized d already.
Well admittedly I haven't seen a Stars game this season but since he's an "idiot of a playmaker" thought you guys would be interested in a good playmaker.

Old
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
How's Nystrom been and what do you want for him?
He's a great room guy, a serviceable pker, and he plays his 4th line energy role pretty well. Even though he hasn't scored like he did last season I would like to see him be resigned, but if a 3rd was offered he would be gone.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Well admittedly I haven't seen a Stars game this season but since he's an "idiot of a playmaker" thought you guys would be interested in a good playmaker.
Don't believe everything you read in a firesale thread. He isn't going to make great passes, but he is our #1 and is also the only mentor figure on our blue line. If Liles is such a good playmaker why is he always being scratched?

Old
03-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
He's a great room guy, a serviceable pker, and he plays his 4th line energy role pretty well. Even though he hasn't scored like he did last season I would like to see him be resigned, but if a 3rd was offered he would be gone.
Thank you for the brief scouting report on where his game is currently at. A 3rd is about what I expected the asking price to be for a player like him.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

I d love jagar as a kings fan just so we dont have to play against him. lol i really dont know what would be a fair trade between us thou. The stars and kings will not be in the same division next year so a trade makes more sence. king and a 3rd i'm not sure thou Kings dont have a 1st this year so i dont see them tradeing there 2nd King would be the odd man out imo so thats why im offering him and a 3rd. Make a counter offer if not fair.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:27 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
A 2nd round pick in a strong draft and arguably our best offensive prospect other than Galchenyuk for a 41 year old winger? No.

Where would you play Jagr exactly? Our top 9 right now is Desharnais, Paces, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Bourque, Gionta, Eller, Pleks and Ryder.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:27 PM
The Angry Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by socratic View Post
Could someone refresh my memory on the relationship between jagr and pittsburgh? Was too much bad blood created when he signed with philly?

If those 2 parties could get along, and if Pittsburgh failed to land Iginla, I'd love to see them go after Jagr.
Screw him, he had his chance to retire a Penguin and have his jersey retired. He chased the money like he always has.

The Angry Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I d love jagar as a kings fan just so we dont have to play against him. lol i really dont know what would be a fair trade between us thou. The stars and kings will not be in the same division next year so a trade makes more sence. king and a 3rd i'm not sure thou Kings dont have a 1st this year so i dont see them tradeing there 2nd King would be the odd man out imo so thats why im offering him and a 3rd. Make a counter offer if not fair.
I don't know that we are good partners. If Jagr wants to go we can get more than King and a 3rd for sure.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
If Bergevin wanted Jagr he would have got him instead of Ryder in the Cole trade last month

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Don't believe everything you read in a firesale thread. He isn't going to make great passes, but he is our #1 and is also the only mentor figure on our blue line. If Liles is such a good playmaker why is he always being scratched?
For a couple of reasons. Carlyle likes to play D on their strong side and we has too many left Ds and second Carlyle is a fan of bigger more physical Ds.

However Liles has been playing now and playing well I highly doubt he'll get scratched again this season. With Komisarek and Holzer sent down our only other D not playing is Kostka.

Old
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
A 2nd round pick in a strong draft and arguably our best offensive prospect other than Galchenyuk for a 41 year old winger? No.

Where would you play Jagr exactly? Our top 9 right now is Desharnais, Paces, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Bourque, Gionta, Eller, Pleks and Ryder.
With Plekanec obviously.

We have three second round picks, I don't think it's putting our future in jeopardy using one of them to try and make a run.

As for Kristo, he is a nice prospect but it's still doubtful if he'll sign with us.

Old
InjuredChoker

What are your prospect needs?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
First thing that came to mind.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:35 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If Bergevin wanted Jagr he would have got him instead of Ryder in the Cole trade last month
If Jagr was available for that deal and Bergevin chose UFA Ryder, then he deserves to get fired. Simple as that.

Jagr simply wasn't available as he is their top scorer this year and they are in the playoffs hunt. If by some miracle they lose all their games until the deadline and decide to make a sale we'd be dumb not to try and get Jagr given the way he plays with Plek.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
What the hell happened to Dallas. They were always one of the best run organizations. Good drafting, patience, smart signings. Now Nieuwendyk just plays wheel of fortune. I guess Nieuwendyk happened.

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:37 PM
busterlid

I'd say this is more of a unloading UFA's thread opposed to a "fire sale". GMJN really eradicated the majority of the older leadership group in the offseason and i see that continuing with the exits of Morrow and potentially Robidas.

busterlid is offline   Reply With Quote