Notices

Official Trade Deadline Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Rumor is the return is Forsberg. Bad deal for the Caps if true.

And confirmed:
Really I think it is a good deal. Erat is a 50-60 point 2-way player stuck in a very defensive system put him on an offensive team and he could easily be a 70+ point guy. Clearly Washington wants to win now Erat is a great fit, he replaces what Semin took with him to Carolina.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
We are doomed to for ever want to win but refuse to wait more than 6 months to have a good team. I like that the owners want a successful product I really do but they have to realize it takes time to get that product you can't just say we have money lets be good. I hope Feaster can draft some stars this year or its going to be a long decade.
That's Weisbrods job I think.

The Flames have already missed the playoffs for three years and it's about to be four. If Murray does it his way, they'll beat their previous record of 7 easily.

Last edited by Calculon: 04-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:03 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
The Weisbrods job I think.

The Flames have already missed the playoffs for three years and it's about to be four. If Murray does it his way, they'll beat their previous record of 7 easily.
Yea true, I reall hope we can grab Barkov, Hagg, Petan because we aren't going to be allowed to spend the next 2 years getting top players like Reinhart and Ekblad to build the core. It looks like the new core is Cammy,Tangs,GlenX,Hudler,Wideman,Brodie,Sven.

Our defense is going to be brutal.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Really I think it is a good deal. Erat is a 50-60 point 2-way player stuck in a very defensive system put him on an offensive team and he could easily be a 70+ point guy. Clearly Washington wants to win now Erat is a great fit, he replaces what Semin took with him to Carolina.
Caps give up a very promising prospect in Forsberg.

Erat's 31 and signed long term and had a NTC. Based on that, Cammalleri should be able to return a fortune as well. And the Bouwmeester trade looks horrendous in that light.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Yea true, I reall hope we can grab Barkov, Hagg, Petan because we aren't going to be allowed to spend the next 2 years getting top players like Reinhart and Ekblad to build the core. It looks like the new core is Cammy,Tangs,GlenX,Hudler,Wideman,Brodie,Sven.

Our defense is going to be brutal.
There's pretty much nothing in free agency either that can correct that. Ramo and Berro are going to be in tough next season.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Signature
One brick at a time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
There's pretty much nothing in free agency either that can correct that. Ramo and Berro are going to be in tough next season.
All the more reason that if available, Jones should be #1 on Calgary's list.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
All the more reason that if available, Jones should be #1 on Calgary's list.
Yeah, I expect he'll be their number one choice in the draft. But they'll have to beat out Colorado for him.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Caps give up a very promising prospect in Forsberg.

Erat's 31 and signed long term and had a NTC. Based on that, Cammalleri should be able to return a fortune as well. And the Bouwmeester trade looks horrendous in that light.
He waived his NTC so it is most likely gone. Again I think your wrong Erat is a conistent 50+ point player even when he does miss parts of seasons and only makes 4.5 compared to Cammy's 6. Erat is a much better defensive player and has been stuck in a very defensive system he could easily become a 60+ point player.

I simply don't see how you can compare Erat to Jbo, Jbo makes 2 million more and most people see him as a #2 defenseman making top 10 defenseman money. Erat is a very underrated player he is basically a less physical more skilled version on Glencross.

No one wanted Jbo for a good prospect and Forsberg is a good prospect but he isn't a top 50 prospect or a blue chipper. I think it is a fair deal and I think Erat has more value than either Cammy or Jbo.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I wonder if Feaster truly believes Janko is a #1 center because if he is then I could see us taking Jones(if we can) and trading up for one of Nurse or Zadorov.

**** I want Barkov.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
He waived his NTC so it is most likely gone. Again I think your wrong Erat is a conistent 50+ point player even when he does miss parts of seasons and only makes 4.5 compared to Cammy's 6. Erat is a much better defensive player and has been stuck in a very defensive system he could easily become a 60+ point player.

I simply don't see how you can compare Erat to Jbo, Jbo makes 2 million more and most people see him as a #2 defenseman making top 10 defenseman money. Erat is a very underrated player he is basically a less physical more skilled version on Glencross.

No one wanted Jbo for a good prospect and Forsberg is a good prospect but he isn't a top 50 prospect or a blue chipper. I think it is a fair deal and I think Erat has more value than either Cammy or Jbo.
HF has Forsberg as the 17th best prospect out there. In comparison, Baertschi's 10th. He's very much a blue chip'er.

And you're vastly over-rating Erat. Even Predator fans don't think he's that good. He's also having an absolutely terrible season.

Quote:
I wonder if Feaster truly believes Janko is a #1 center because if he is then I could see us taking Jones(if we can) and trading up for one of Nurse or Zadorov.

**** I want Barkov.
It's probable the Flames don't finish low enough to get Jones, especially since it seems like the Avalanche are quite high on him, and they can't win a game at all anymore. And since the Flames kept guys like Giordano, Cammalleri and Tanguay, I suspect they'll at least win a few games down the stretch.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 500
At least Feaster isnt as dumb as GMGM

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
At least Feaster isnt as dumb as GMGM
Im still trying to figure out who got ripped off more. Flames for Iginla or Caps for Forsberg.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
HF has Forsberg as the 17th best prospect out there. In comparison, Baertschi's 10th. He's very much a blue chip'er.

And you're vastly over-rating Erat. Even Predator fans don't think he's that good. He's also having an absolutely terrible season.
Eh all fans talk bad about their former players, I personally don't see anything elite from Forsberg but thats just me. I see no way he is a blue chipper. People always overrate prospects over proven talent Erat is a top end 2nd line player who could be a 1st liner in an offensive system. WSH adds alot of depth with him and still have their best prospect.

This is the kind of move we should have done when Iginla was in his prime surround him with talent.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Noori

vCash: 700
I can see why people are upset by the ownership mandate but:

No team should walk into a season with zero games played and expect (and try) to finish at or near the bottom. If they're in the same spot next year, then hopefully they'll react as they did this year, trade off expiring deals like Cammy, Stempniak, Stajan, Jackman, and Sarich, and recoup picks and prospects again.

If they expect to win, but by February it's clear it's not going to happen, and they react accordingly, then I'm happy.

BTW: The return Buffalo got for Pominville easily trumps what we got for Iginla. Frustrating, but he's much younger and probably didn't handcuff his team at the last second.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Im still trying to figure out who got ripped off more. Flames for Iginla or Caps for Forsberg.
Both will be more evident on the "winner" as time goes on.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Eh all fans talk bad about their former players, I personally don't see anything elite from Forsberg but thats just me. I see no way he is a blue chipper. People always overrate prospects over proven talent Erat is a top end 2nd line player who could be a 1st liner in an offensive system. WSH adds alot of depth with him and still have their best prospect.

This is the kind of move we should have done when Iginla was in his prime surround him with talent.
Kuznetsov's said he's coming over, but it's still a pretty big gamble on the Caps end. Erat can replace some of what they lost with Semin, but in hindsight, they just look bad in not re-signing him.

And the Flames never had a prospect of Forsberg's calibre when Iginla was in his prime. Well, not unless you count Phanuef but we all know that turned out.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Quote:
Caps management group:
"We're interested in Erat."

Preds group: *huddles* Quick quick! Start with an unreasonable demand, then work down from there*
"We want Forsberg.".

Caps:
Done.

Preds group: *heads explode*
versus

Quote:
"Flames management group:
"We're interested in trading Iginla."

Pens group: *huddles* Quick quick! Start with an unreasonable demand, then work up from there*
"We'll give a 1st, Agostino and Hanowski ".

Flames:
Done.

Pens group: *heads explode*

Old
04-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Flames92

I think Erat is a great player but for Forsberg is a hefty price. I couldn't help but wonder if the Flames could've got him for one of Tanguay/Cammalleri/Glencross.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:34 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Wow. What a steal for Nashville.

I would have preferred Forsberg alone over either one of the packages we got in the Iginla/Bouwmeester deals.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:36 PM
TylerSVT*

Agreed, Forsberg>> Agostino, Hankowski, 1st(30th)

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Seeing what Pominville and Erat got in trades makes me ****ing sick. Iginla got a pile of **** in comparison.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
Seeing what Pominville and Erat got in trades makes me ****ing sick. Iginla got a pile of **** in comparison.
Pominville and Erat were last minute deadline deals. Erat asked for a trade two weeks ago. Buffalo was apparently shopping Pominville for a while. Those teams displayed patience in their trades and were rewarded.

For some very bizarre reason, Bouwmeester and Iginla weren't deadline deals. Why the Flames rushed into trades for subpar returns is yet another sign of their incompetence.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
If Jarome was not a 35 year old rental then I would agree with you.
You simply can't compare them. Pominville is without a doubt a better player today than Jarome is anyways.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Kuznetsov's said he's coming over, but it's still a pretty big gamble on the Caps end. Erat can replace some of what they lost with Semin, but in hindsight, they just look bad in not re-signing him.

And the Flames never had a prospect of Forsberg's calibre when Iginla was in his prime. Well, not unless you count Phanuef but we all know that turned out.
Yea I agree that we never had a prospect that good, but WSH should in a win now mode with Ovi and Backstrom in their primes. I realize they gave up a good prospect but this isn't the type of move teams that want to win should be doing. The point isn't to stock pile draft prospects until your core is to old to compete it is to win they are in a win now mode and this vastly improves their roster.

I agree not re-signing Semin was a retarded move, GMGM has horribly managed the Caps over the last 2 years but this is one move I like but it only had to be made because of the fact he didn't re-sign Semin. In a vacuum I think it is a good trade but if you account for the fact he made this move necessary by giving Semin away then it is a bad move.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Pominville is out playing Iggy so far and Iggy was a rental that was dead set on 3-4 teams. If ownership had allowed for a rebuild 2 years ago we would have gotten 1st + blue chip prospect + roster player but instead we forced the playoff runs that ended in failure.