HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

MPHL vs Emjhl

Old
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
t2bstryker

vCash: 500
MPHL vs Emjhl

is there any thoughts on this? i have not heard a lot about the MPHL until recently an was wondering if anyone can speak of the quality of the league for development an moving kids to college or jr A?
answers appreciated

t2bstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 PM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2bstryker View Post
is there any thoughts on this? i have not heard a lot about the MPHL until recently an was wondering if anyone can speak of the quality of the league for development an moving kids to college or jr A?
answers appreciated
MPHL? Never heard of it.... I know the only Empire teams who move players up the the EJHL and Junior A are teams that have EJHL as well.

What is the MPHL?

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:47 PM
t2bstryker

midwest prep hockey league, there was a first round pick through there picked by Calgary last draft, I was hoping someone had some info on it cuz i havnt heard anything bout it either lol, does anyone know how it compares to NE prep schools?

Last edited by t2bstryker: 03-22-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old
03-23-2013, 01:48 PM
brom7

Quote:
midwest prep hockey league, there was a first round pick through there picked by Calgary last draft, I was hoping someone had some info on it cuz i havnt heard anything bout it either lol, does anyone know how it compares to NE prep schools?
Jankowski. One of the few ones from that league.

From going through my scouting process, the bottom line is that no matter where you're playing, if you're good enough, you'll get your name out there and people will come to watch you. Jankowski is a prime example of that. However, many do not think he was first round material and think that, that pick was controversial.

Anyways, if I had to pick a league I'd go with empire because they just seem to groom kids better than a prep school league. It's a decent amount of money no matter where you play and IMO the lessons you learn in the empire league are bar none. Also no life like the junior hockey life

Cheers

brom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
t2bstryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brom7 View Post
Jankowski. One of the few ones from that league.

From going through my scouting process, the bottom line is that no matter where you're playing, if you're good enough, you'll get your name out there and people will come to watch you. Jankowski is a prime example of that. However, many do not think he was first round material and think that, that pick was controversial.

Anyways, if I had to pick a league I'd go with empire because they just seem to groom kids better than a prep school league. It's a decent amount of money no matter where you play and IMO the lessons you learn in the empire league are bar none. Also no life like the junior hockey life

Cheers
do you know how it compares to the NE prep schools?
an could you elaborate on why you think the empire is better? i live in the town of a empire team so im curious, thanks for the answer btw

Old
03-24-2013, 10:01 PM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

vCash: 323
Quote:
do you know how it compares to the NE prep schools?
an could you elaborate on why you think the empire is better? i live in the town of a empire team so im curious, thanks for the answer btw
Prep schools are better than about 80% of Empire teams, excluding New Hampshire, Apple Core, Bruins and the power houses. These teams are equal to varisty prep. I played in the EmJHL last season and it was a joke. If you're gonna play Empire (it's a good league for advancing players to Jr A) play on a team that also has EJHL. Or else you'll be stuck with 18 and 19 year olds who think they still have a shot and don't wanna play HS or go to college.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:08 PM
t2bstryker

does anyone know how the mphl compares to the new england prep schools?

Old
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
t2bstryker

bump

Old
03-29-2013, 10:26 AM
t2bstryker

no one?