Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to

Old
03-24-2013, 05:09 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Although it may be somewhat concerning that Pittsburgh is potentially out of the sweepstakes, it actually puts my mind at ease that Feaster is clearly asking for the moon in any Iginla trade.

Even if we have to come down slightly it should still be a worthwhile trade.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Personally I want Spooner + Khok + 1st but yes let us dream.
Ditto. This would be probably my top choice and I stated as such last offseason. However, if we are getting a roster from the B's then I hope that player is Caron. But I would prefer Koko over him.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:17 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

vCash: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I'm sorry but if we're giving up 25yr old Iggy I expect kings ransom! Elite #1 C coming back our way.
...Kings! That's it!

Mike Richards for Iginla

(More seriously, I think the Kings would be my desired trading target. I don't see much that I want off the Bruins that they'd want to give and I can't stand the Blackhawks, Toews aside. I can't see Richards moving in this trade. Then again...an hour ago you wouldn't have convinced me of a Morrow for Morrow trade)

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
I still think he goes to Boston. Just too much speculation on it last few years, Bruins will deliver the goods, they lack something from what I saw against the Leafs last night and Iggy will be reborn there.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I think Koko or Spooner and a 1st is the most you'll get out of Boston given how conservative a GM Chiarelli is and that we can't re-sign Iggy after the season. I would do that deal, and even throw in Caron, but I'll be sceptical.

I have a bad feeling he'll end up in Vancouver.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I think Koko or Spooner and a 1st is the most you'll get out of Boston given how conservative a GM Chiarelli is and that we can't re-sign Iggy after the season. I would do that deal, and even throw in Caron, but I'll be sceptical.

I have a bad feeling he'll end up in Vancouver.
Apparently not on his list so it is doubtful Iginla doesn't want to tarnish his reputation in Calgary.

Also given the Morrow trade Chiarelli could be prepared to overpay to make sure he gets the biggest fish to put them over the top
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Caron - Peverly - Horton

Seems like a really deep lineup but it depends how Chiarelly feels about his current chances.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

That Boston lineup looks amazing with Iginla in there.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Apparently not on his list so it is doubtful Iginla doesn't want to tarnish his reputation in Calgary.

Also given the Morrow trade Chiarelli could be prepared to overpay to make sure he gets the biggest fish to put them over the top
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Caron - Peverly - Horton

Seems like a really deep lineup but it depends how Chiarelly feels about his current chances.
True, the lines don't quite fit but it is a great looking forward core (Kelly may be ready for the playoffs too). The problem would be finding Iginla a linemate with speed (Lucic-Krejci-Iginla would be an incredibly slow line), although that's discussion for the Boston board

But the team has looked like **** for the last month or so, so I wouldn't blame Chia for being wary of going all-in. I, for one, welcome Iginla; and would like to remind Chia that Iginla can provide the PP scoring and spark that this line-up needs.

That said, I'd have a hard time putting both Spooner and Koko into the package, because we are already hard against the cap and need cheap ELC talent.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Body Checker

Quote:
True, the lines don't quite fit but it is a great looking forward core (Kelly may be ready for the playoffs too). The problem would be finding Iginla a linemate with speed (Lucic-Krejci-Iginla would be an incredibly slow line), although that's discussion for the Boston board

But the team has looked like **** for the last month or so, so I wouldn't blame Chia for being wary of going all-in. I, for one, welcome Iginla; and would like to remind Chia that Iginla can provide the PP scoring and spark that this line-up needs.

That said, I'd have a hard time putting both Spooner and Koko into the package, because we are already hard against the cap and need cheap ELC talent.
The east is very winnable compared to the west so you gotta go all in. Iginla would be rejuvenated with you guys and you,d likely get the Iginla from 3 to 4 years ago. Other than playmaking he,s been struggling with us but with you guys I,d expect his goal scoring to reappear.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Put Iginla with Marchand and Bergeron.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:49 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
Put Iginla with Marchand and Bergeron.
Iginla with Bergeron would be disgusting.

Goals galore..

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I thought flames fans see Iginla as a defensive liability now, that wouldn't be great with Bergy and Marchand on the "shutdown line". At least Seguin provides speed in that regard.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:52 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Its true but I many Flames fans believe unless Iginla wins the cup this year he will re-sign with what ever trades for him and that most likely means he takes a pay cut 3 years 14 million or so. If Boston buys out Savard then they have just under 7 million for Caron, Rask, and a backup. I would imagine Horton walks if Iginla re-signs.

We could also take a cap dump in Peverly but I don't think you want to just give him away.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:54 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I thought flames fans see Iginla as a defensive liability now, that wouldn't be great with Bergy and Marchand on the "shutdown line". At least Seguin provides speed in that regard.
This isn't true, he isn't a shut down player but this year he has been a very good back checker and making sure he gets in shooting lanes. In the past he would sacrifice defensive position for offensive chance most likely because he was the only one that could score but this year in a more offensive system and team he has been much better.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:54 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Horton may be part of the package that gets Iginla.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:55 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I doubt it if they want Iginla then they are making a run which means they most likely want to keep Horton as well.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Yeah, it wouldn't make any sense for a competing Bruins team to give up a significant roster piece. Nor would it make much sense for the Flames to acquire a soon to be UFA.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
This isn't true, he isn't a shut down player but this year he has been a very good back checker and making sure he gets in shooting lanes. In the past he would sacrifice defensive position for offensive chance most likely because he was the only one that could score but this year in a more offensive system and team he has been much better.
thanks, seems like I got it wrong.

Quote:
Its true but I many Flames fans believe unless Iginla wins the cup this year he will re-sign with what ever trades for him and that most likely means he takes a pay cut 3 years 14 million or so. If Boston buys out Savard then they have just under 7 million for Caron, Rask, and a backup. I would imagine Horton walks if Iginla re-signs.

We could also take a cap dump in Peverly but I don't think you want to just give him away.
If Iginla signed for 5m or less, it might be doable. We also need a replacement for Ference though.

As a cap dump, probably if anything it would be Kelly, which would make some sense considering your lack of NHL centers especially if you trade Stajan or even Cammy or Tanguay. Sadly Chia in his eternal brightness gave Kelly an NTC, so it's unlikely

Quote:
I doubt it if they want Iginla then they are making a run which means they most likely want to keep Horton as well.
Yup, it doesn't make sense to load up but trade away a top 6 contributor. And I don't see how UFA Horton would be all that desirable for Calgary either.

Koko/Spooner, Caron, Kelly, 1st?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Now the Bruins turn their signs to Jarome Iginla in a very public chase for the Calgary Flames superstar. Indications are Calgary GM Jay Feaster isnít going to be seriously listening to offers until next week, but the Flames have a decided interest in young Bruins goalie prospect Malcolm Subban as an eventual replacement for the aging Miikka Kiprusoff.
From Bruins insider, Joe Haggerty.

I really hope this isn't true. The Flames can't be that stupid to go after Subban. And there's no reason for Feaster to sit back until next week before getting serious. In fact, there's no reason for Feaster to even be in charge of this process.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:23 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post

I really hope this isn't true. The Flames can't be that stupid to go after Subban. And there's no reason for Feaster to sit back until next week before getting serious. In fact, there's no reason for Feaster to even be in charge of this process.
If Iginla is traded and the main piece coming back is a goalie im going to be ****ing pissed off.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
If Iginla is traded and the main piece coming back is a goalie im going to be ****ing pissed off.

Co-sign.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:28 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Spooner + Caron + Kelly + 1st? I would do it.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Trae

Quote:
Yup, it doesn't make sense to load up but trade away a top 6 contributor. And I don't see how UFA Horton would be all that desirable for Calgary either.

Is Kelly one of your assistant captains? I ask because I would like to have an "A" on my new jersey should he be traded.

As for this Subban talk, I really don't want him, but if he were the main piece coming back, at least it would be a valuable one. We take the best one of Gillies/Brossoit/Subban/Ramo/Ortio and sell the rest as the time comes down the road. That being said, still would rather one or two of Boston's forward prospects.

Maybe Feaster and co. simply see Subban as being Boston's most valuable prospect regardless of position and simply want to maximize profit, BPA? The case could be made that he is their best prospect outside of Hamilton.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post

To be honest this is expect, finally decide to rebuild and trade for redundant assets, we are like the franchise equivalent of bad luck brian.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Why are people mentioning Vancouver even? wasn't on his list lol?

Whoever wants to pay the most. I'm down with.
I'd rather see him out East, but if Chicago feels like dealing big, then let'em
It's not like this "list" is bible - wasn't revealed by Iginla, Meehan, or Feaster so it's incomplete at best.

Vancouver has been mentioned as a possibility because its still close to home.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote