Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kuemper/Dowell recalled \ Hackett/Zucker sent down

Old
03-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Makes sense. They're not going to put Zucker in Coyle's spot, he's a LW.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
There's nothing stopping them from immediately calling Zucker up if Bouchard stumbles.
The point is have him involved while PMB isn't struggling. I think we all are hoping that PMB doesn't go back to struggling.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Except that the difference between Zucker and Granlund is that Zucker was actually having success and scoring and never looked to be struggling.

While i certainly do not buy the silly statement that the top line has been our worst line at times i do say that the top line should be more productive then it has been and as long as Zucker was on the roster why not throw Zucker out there for a game or two and see what happens? As i said earlier it is low risk move.

Bothers me a little bit that Yeo is so comfortable with the offense that he doesn't feel the need to have Zucker involved.
There's some asset management to consider as well - Bouchard looks a LOT more trade-able now than before he took Zucker's spot.

Pump PB's tire and get something for him is better than letting him drift into oblivion.

Not to mention PMB's 6 points in his last 5 games - he's actually helping the team win.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Makes sense. They're not going to put Zucker in Coyle's spot, he's a LW.
LW/RW blah..blah..blah. Wingers move around all the time. He is just as fast and has the same nose for the net whether on the right or left side.

If Coyle or Seto got hurt are you going to tell me they would call up somebody else because JZ is a left wing?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
There's some asset management to consider as well - Bouchard looks a LOT more trade-able now than before he took Zucker's spot.

Pump PB's tire and get something for him is better than letting him drift into oblivion.

Not to mention PMB's 6 points in his last 5 games - he's actually helping the team win.
Zucker wasn't helping the team win? The 2nd line exploded when Zucker got there.

Please read what i said, leave PMB where he is and try Zucker on the top line, whats the harm?

For the past few days on this board people were more then willing to consider the possibility that Coyle was holding the top line back and now all of a sudden Coyle is irreplacable?

Color me confused.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
LW/RW blah..blah..blah. Wingers move around all the time. He is just as fast and has the same nose for the net whether on the right or left side.

If Coyle or Seto got hurt are you going to tell me they would call up somebody else because JZ is a left wing?
I'm saying that they aren't going to force it. Zucker played LW in college, in the WJC, in Houston and for the Wild. I'm not saying that he couldn't play over there, just that we don't know if he could/wants to. If Coyle was stuggling (which he's not) then we probably consider swapping them.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Zucker wasn't helping the team win? The 2nd line exploded when Zucker got there.

Please read what i said, leave PMB where he is and try Zucker on the top line, whats the harm?

For the past few days on this board people were more then willing to consider the possibility that Coyle was holding the top line back and now all of a sudden Coyle is irreplacable?

Color me confused.
You're overreacting.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'm saying that they aren't going to force it. Zucker played LW in college, in the WJC, in Houston and for the Wild. I'm not saying that he couldn't play over there, just that we don't know if he could/wants to. If Coyle was stuggling (which he's not) then we probably consider swapping them.
I think Coyle has done a remarkable job and has not been a liability in any way, shape or form but Zucker proved to not be a liability as well as he proved to be an asset for this team at a time when it was struggling mightily for an offensive spark, that is my point.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
TheeNorthStar
Ok, dis hockey

Thank you for sending Zucker down. I was honestly PISSED the entire time he was regulated to 4th line duties. So stupid. Especially of what he has SHOWN what hes capable of. And dont insult me ssying/asking me "Did you see___?" or "do you know why this is?" Cause i do. But i dont care.

Whatever though.

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

They'll be back up soon, but they need to play. They're close but there's no need to rush them.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:46 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
You're "understanding" it because you'll never question the logic based on who's running the show.

Are you serious? You're not serious.

Kobasew trade. Barker trade. Staubitz trade. Rupp trade. Yeah I don't question this organization at all.

Oh yeah, drafting Bussieres, Dumba. Or making Seeler into an NHL defenseman before he has hit the AHL.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post

Are you serious? You're not serious.

Kobasew trade. Barker trade. Staubitz trade. Rupp trade. Yeah I don't question this organization at all.

Oh yeah, drafting Bussieres, Dumba. Or making Seeler into an NHL defenseman before he has hit the AHL.
What about the Rupp trade don't you like?

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
What about the Rupp trade don't you like?
I didn't like Rupp initially. I've warmed on him a bit but the contract essentially made it a bit more difficult to swallow.

500,000 more for a guy that was meh? I mean in the grand scheme, it's nothing but still. Also didn't really like Rupp's skating ability. We were already slow and we add an even slower guy?

Also didn't like the fact at the time of the trade, it just seemed like we were shuffling chairs.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
I disagree....I think Coyle has done a fantastic job, thus far, and is showing continual improvement.
So 6 points in 19 games getting good minutes playing with your two best offensive players is "fantastic"? I question your benchmarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
OK, what makes you so sure that Zucker would play better than Coyle on the 1st line? His speed?
That's not the issue. The issue is that Coyle has not been doing well on the first line (or in Houston), and Zucker has been doing very well on secondary lines (and in Houston). It does not mean they are replacements for each other. It means you need to find a spot for Zucker. Moving Heatley back to the 1st line might be an option, but this static coaching staff hasn't tried it. So merit loses again and gets sent down.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
I didn't like Rupp initially. I've warmed on him a bit but the contract essentially made it a bit more difficult to swallow.

500,000 more for a guy that was meh? I mean in the grand scheme, it's nothing but still. Also didn't really like Rupp's skating ability. We were already slow and we add an even slower guy?

Also didn't like the fact at the time of the trade, it just seemed like we were shuffling chairs.
Having Rupp on the roster gives Yeo another guy who can drop the gloves, other than Kenopka...this makes it easier for him to sit one of them, if the situation warrants it.

Plus, you can't deny that the Rupp, Kenopka, Mitchell line has looked pretty good.

Also, the cap hit is only $364K more than Powe...chump change.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Having Rupp on the roster gives Yeo another guy who can drop the gloves, other than Kenopka...this makes it easier for him to sit one of them, if the situation warrants it.
Well we had Kassian. I'm not really certain why we didn't try him at least a few times this year.

Quote:
Plus, you can't deny that the Rupp, Kenopka, Mitchell line has looked pretty good.
I won't. I've been surprised by Rupp.

Quote:
Also, the cap hit is only $364K more than Powe...chump change.
It all adds up.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
So 6 points in 19 games getting good minutes playing with your two best offensive players is "fantastic"? I question your benchmarks.
So, 5 points in 27 games is bad?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Well we had Kassian. I'm not really certain why we didn't try him at least a few times this year.
Because we had Powe under contract..There are only so many roster spots available, and Fletcher must've thought the best thing to do was upgrade Powe's spot with another proven player..The only real way to go was to trade a contract for a contract. Plus, Rupp is a veteran with playoff experience.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:

Do you watch the games, or just look at the box score the next day and base your opinions on that?

Coyle's work is helping create opportunities for Koivu and Parise....he contributes in areas that don't always show up in the stat sheet. But you can also see the offense coming along, he's getting chances and he will start capitalizing on them.

Can't really argue with the results, either. The lines, as they are currently put together, seemed to be showing some good chemistry. No sense in trying to fix what ain't broken right now.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:14 PM
roon

Quote:

That's not the issue. The issue is that Coyle has not been doing well on the first line (or in Houston), and Zucker has been doing very well on secondary lines (and in Houston). It does not mean they are replacements for each other. It means you need to find a spot for Zucker. Moving Heatley back to the 1st line might be an option, but this static coaching staff hasn't tried it. So merit loses again and gets sent down.
The opinion of Chuck Fletcher and his staff....or the opinion of some keyboard GM?

Decisions.....

roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
MK9

Quote:
I think Coyle has done a remarkable job and has not been a liability in any way, shape or form but Zucker proved to not be a liability as well as he proved to be an asset for this team at a time when it was struggling mightily for an offensive spark, that is my point.
I like Coyle and think he's going to be a damn good NHL player. But this is...just dead wrong. I could pick out at least twice during the last game he was a liability. Enough where he should be removed from the top line or put in the minors right now? No. But your statement is just flat out incorrect man.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Coyle has played how I anticipated a 21 year old rookie to play. Same as Zucker. Same as Granlund. Same as Larsson for his game. Is Coyle the 3rd best player on his line? Absolutely, but I really don't think he's holding the Parise/Koivu duo back more than I would anticipate any rookie to do. There wouldn't be any harm in trying Zucker there, but I think the organization likes what they are seeing and I'm ok with keeping the status quo until something needs to be changed.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:31 PM
J22*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
I like Coyle and think he's going to be a damn good NHL player. But this is...just dead wrong. I could pick out at least twice during the last game he was a liability. Enough where he should be removed from the top line or put in the minors right now? No. But your statement is just flat out incorrect man.
News flash for you sir. You can do that for pretty much every player on the roster for every game.

Coyle doesnt, and may never have the game breaking ability of Zucker or Granlund, but he is a much better "all-around" player than either at this point.

J22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:39 PM
TheeNorthStar
Ok, dis hockey

Besides Coyle drawing penaltieis .. 6pts in 19 games w/ top line mins w/ Mikko, and Zach.. along w/ Brodin, and Suter on his back end a good portion of the time... He literally has done NOTHING to merit the position hes in as a 1st line player. He has his moments, like that 1 multi point game and that beast mode engaged shift but at the BIG picture and full body of work.. What?

Neither has Granny. But Zucker in his 1st 8/9 games where he got 2nd line mins, he netted 5 pts in less than half the games of what Coyle has now. That was before he was knocked out in the Ducks game. And its now "diminished" due to his demotion to playing on the 4th line because of PMB.

Coyle is being forced fed to us because of his size and position. Does he deserve to be up here more than Zucker. No. Does he deserve to be up here more than Granny... Its debatable if any remembers how well gran began to play in his final 3-4 games or so.

Clearly im a Zucker fan boy but am i lying here?

Now should we change the lineup with how well we're doing? no. Im not saying we should But it surely does ****in suck.

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm with SoH and MK9. I don't think Coyle has been productive on the top line and he seems to have led to that line being less of a factor at even strength.

I also dislike Zucker not being on the PP or put on the top 2-3 lines. He was very productive when he had the ice time and line mates, unlike Granlund, and moreso than Coyle. Funny how Granlund was on the 4th line and healthy scratched for a month while Zucker gets sent down after a couple games.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote