HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
We are top 10 in scoring, we also had a player have an unrealistic streak. Carter is a great player but was that sustainable? Six goals from Jake Muzzin, is that sustainable?

You are kind of right that other teams have streaky players, but we have streaky players and a huge hole in our top 6. Unless you want to go with TT or roll the dice with Penner.

Williams, Richards and Penner who as of a couple games ago made up half of our top 6 have a combined 13 goals on the season. The Kings could definitely use an upgrade on the wing.

Plus you have to factor in injuries, what if god forbid Kopitar, Brown or Carter were to get hurt?
I don't disagree with getting top six player but I don't think have expendable assets to get some of the names being floated. It also helps when you are getting goals from Stoll, King and Lewis. And for guys like Bernier or Taffoli, I'd hope were getting more than a rental. Otherwise, I don't think it is good use of those assets.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:12 AM
damacles1156

I would be ok with a top six pickup, You don't want to bank on a 20 year old rookie, or Penner being consistent.

Hope Lombardi picks up a defender somewhere....Anywhere please..LoL

Last edited by damacles1156: 03-27-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old
03-27-2013, 02:23 AM
RonSwanson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
When Plan A requires Tyler Toffoli, and say Plan B requires Brandon Kozun, and the option for Plan B isn't too far off from Plan A, what would you rather go with?

It's really not that hard. I don't know what point you are trying to make. The guy is right. I'd rather give up less to go for a player who is just as good. Iginla costs more because he's been a lifelong Flame and is their captain and slightly younger. He also costs a lot in terms of salary and cap hit and may still cost a lot to re-sign. Whereas Jagr's salary and cap hit is less and will cost less to re-sign.

I can't see what the dispute is here.
I doubt Dallas will trade Jagr to L.A. for much less than Iginla would get traded for, simply because they are in the same division.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:28 AM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I have a feeling we are getting a d-man before anything else.
I don't think Greene or Mitchell are gonna be back.
We haven't heard anything and neither are skating.
I agree. Ellerby is fine and all but an upgrade would be very helpful. I've talked about Regehr at the right price(but many of been saying his advanced stats are terrible). Could be Giordano, but he'd be a long term guy so the price would go up. Maybe even Mike Weaver, under the radar guy.

Feel bad for Kipper. I understand where he's coming from but it makes him look bad for not wanting to go away.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:29 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I doubt Dallas will trade Jagr to L.A. for much less than Iginla would get traded for, simply because they are in the same division.
For 20 games or so.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:29 AM
damacles1156

Anyone have Leopold advance stats ? He has history with Sutter. What type of player is the guy ?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:30 AM
RonSwanson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
I agree. Ellerby is fine and all but an upgrade would be very helpful. I've talked about Regehr at the right price(but many of been saying his advanced stats are terrible). Could be Giordano, but he'd be a long term guy so the price would go up. Maybe even Mike Weaver, under the radar guy.

Feel bad for Kipper. I understand where he's coming from but it makes him look bad for not wanting to go away.
If you're Calgary, why would you trade Giordano?

And at this stage, Ellerby > Regehr.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:31 AM
RonSwanson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
For 20 games or so.
True, but they did just trade with Pittsburgh, who will be in their Conference in 20 games.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Quote:
If you're Calgary, why would you trade Giordano?

And at this stage, Ellerby > Regehr.
If they are serious about getting younger, and with Iginla going eventually and Kipper on the way out if he changes his mind, an almost 30 year old defenseman is not a guy they need. Wouldn't say Ellerby is better than Regehr, Ellerby has flashes but can show weakness too

Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
You never know. Trades within the division have happened in the past, and it won't matter much to Dallas considering Jagr would be departing as a free agent at the end of the season, and they know their position (unlike Calgary) and realize that they aren't going to be contending for a Cup any time soon. Their owner said so himself prior to the Morrow trade.

Selanne was dealt from Anaheim to San Jose. The Kings sent Mattias Norstrom to Dallas. If a deal is there, the Stars won't be afraid of moving Jagr somewhere within the division. I highly doubt that their concern is dealing within a division. It's not like they're trading a player who will come back to haunt them, say, James Neal for example.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:04 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You never know. Trades within the division have happened in the past, and it won't matter much to Dallas considering Jagr would be departing as a free agent at the end of the season, and they know their position (unlike Calgary) and realize that they aren't going to be contending for a Cup any time soon. Their owner said so himself prior to the Morrow trade.

Selanne was dealt from Anaheim to San Jose. The Kings sent Mattias Norstrom to Dallas. If a deal is there, the Stars won't be afraid of moving Jagr somewhere within the division. I highly doubt that their concern is dealing within a division. It's not like they're trading a player who will come back to haunt them, say, James Neal for example.
I bet that's going to be fun for them next year...Ouch.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:36 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
"The people who are calling him selfish are actually the selfish ones."
Andy Strickland @andystrickland
So Kiprusoff says he won't report if traded..What if it's the #Blackhawks? Told he'd give CHI serious consideration #flames

Old
03-27-2013, 03:43 AM
KingKopitar11*

I highly doubt we will get to land an upgrade at defense, but if we do it will be expensive IMO, and I dont think dean would pay something expensive when Mitchell/greenes timeline isn't specific, especially greene, because if he comes soon and we do make an upgrade it'd be a short sighted trade. If we get a defenseman it wouldn't be really an upgrade, they'd be ellerby caliber, and we have enough of that.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:47 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I highly doubt we will get to land an upgrade at defense, but if we do it will be expensive IMO, and I dont think dean would pay something expensive when Mitchell/greenes timeline isn't specific, especially greene, because if he comes soon and we do make an upgrade it'd be a short sighted trade. If we get a defenseman it wouldn't be really an upgrade, they'd be ellerby caliber, and we have enough of that.
Well, Greene's return is probable. It's Willie's return that is unknown. As much as I would like to acquire a physical dman, I think we'd be ok with just Greene. I just wished Ellerby played more like his cousin.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:00 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
So Kiprusoff says he won't report if traded..What if it's the #Blackhawks? Told he'd give CHI serious consideration #flames
So he says he won't report, because of family issues, but will consider it if it's a team he likes? **** him.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:18 AM
Monarchist

Quote:
Well, my take on that was will Kipper also insist on not playing any road games even if he remained a flame since he may be gone for weeks possibly? I just think his argument had some holes that's all.
I think there is a difference. He legally does not have to report if traded, but does have to report to the Flames.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:43 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
I think there is a difference. He legally does not have to report if traded, but does have to report to the Flames.
Que? He legally doesn't have to report anywhere.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
You'd make a horrible GM.
When did I say their GM should keep him ? You really have some reading problems sometimes, Ronny, same for Axl.

You both seem to miss quite a lot. Its astonishing.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 03-27-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old
03-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Name 10 Aki Berg's. I'm curious how many Aki Berg's went 3rd overall.
Point is, people like to mention that one player or those few exceptions who had a rough start, just to turn out to be pretty good after they got traded (Sydor). Just like when a player is really small, they come up with St.Louis or Fleury as examples that it is possible. I say, there are a truckload of players to counter with who didnt pan out because they looked average in the beginning or were to small.

Perhaps Aki wasnt the best example after all, he was a disappointing #3 overall pick but did have a NHL career.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:00 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Some Rumors were saying Kipper didn't intend to return next season anyway(retire).

He was simply giving the management heads up "Hey don't trade me I am probably retiring type thing".
So Kipper is going to retire, and they waited too long to trade Iginla, geeze their rebuild is going to SUCK! They need to start trading off anything on that team with value ASAP

Quote:
If this is true, Kipper loses any sympathy he had from me. You are either put family first or not, you can't have it both ways

Old
03-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I bet that's going to be fun for them next year...Ouch.
Quote:
True, but they did just trade with Pittsburgh, who will be in their Conference in 20 games.
Uh...no? Dallas is going to the "Mid-West" division with Chi, Wpg, Min, Stl, etc....which will still be in the west, Pittsburgh is still going to be in Atlantic in East...

Pittsburgh and Dallas are still opposite conferences guys, not sure what you are referring to.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
I doubt that would sit well in the locker room. Both Crawford and Emery are liked and made big contributions for the team this season. To suddenly squeeze one of them out would possibly cause some tension.

I'm all for it....CHI please make the trade.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
????

Dallas is switching divisions, not conferences.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:36 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
That sounds like settling for plan B, rather than making plan A the higher value player.
Anything short of Crosby/Malkin is Plan B really. You go with the best bang for the buck while still filling your need. We need (in the theory of this discussion) a top 6 forward that can provide size and strength and likely succeed in Sutter's system, while being (preferably) on an expiring contract due to our cap concerns next year. Iginla and Jagr are the two that fit that the most that are available (or likely to be available), and Jagr will cost far less most likely. I'd rather give a 2nd and a 5th (or likely something along those lines) for Jagr, than a 1st, Bernier and Tanner Pearson for Iginla, which is roughly what the going rate seems to be based on media reports. Especially since Jagr and Iginla's production is very similar, not to mention of the two players, only Jagr has a cup ring and has far more playoff experience and success.

Honestly, the more it gets discussed, the more I think in a shortened season Jagr is the better player right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
L.A. Times speculates that the price for Iginla is too high.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/kings/
And it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I think Kozun and a 3rd might land jagr? What do you guys think it'd take to get him?
I wish. I'd say a 2nd and a 5th, minimum. Maybe a 2nd and a prospect like Vey, which would then be starting to get a bit to pricy. The guy has played great this year, almost matched last years goal total already in half the games and is close to a point per game. Many teams will be after him, especially if he's open to resigning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The moon. Even if Dallas is no longer going to be in our division, they'll still be in our conference, and I doubt they are at all interested in trading him to us. Not to mention they are still in contention for the 8th seed. They've begun contract negotiation talks with him. If that fails, I would think that he would be headed east, to the Pens or the Bruins, depending on the Iginla situation. With the way he is playing, it will be for more than Kozun and a 3rd. Picture if Anaheim were trading Selanne, he'd get a decent return.
I think only the playoff contention and the contract talks will impact on if he's dealt. He's a UFA to be, you deal him for the best price. If LA offers the best, and you are ready to concede on the playoffs (apparently they have) and can't resign him, send him to LA. He could sign in LA in the off-season (or elsewhere in the division) anyways.

Besides, aren't LA and Dallas in different divisions next year anyways? If so, the divisional card holds no merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
What is everyone's opinion on Kipper wanting to stay? It seems that people on the main board don't understand how stressful it is to have a newborn and being traded will just add more stress. It's funny how most of the Flames fans are fine with his decision but others are calling him selfish and classless.
While I respect the family issue, and I'd never call him selfish, I also look at it and point out that he signed the contract, and everything that goes with it, including trade possibilities. If he wanted a NMC for the full contract, he should have insisted on it, or not resigned. He signed the contract, and that can include trade options.

Besides, the guy is an NHL millionaire. Do they have school aged children? If so, I can understand the stress, but if not, then bring the family. The guy can buy a heck of a nice house, furnish it to the nines and basically treat it like a 2-3 month vacation for the family until everything gets sorted out. Then resell the house and get most/all your money back. The wife doesn't have to work, they can hire a nanny to help out with the baby, someone to take care of the house, etc. They have far more options to reduce stress than we do as ordinary people. And as someone who has switched jobs, and had to move, with young children, it can be done. It is stressing, but it's not going to kill you.

Quote:
Well, my take on that was will Kipper also insist on not playing any road games even if he remained a flame since he may be gone for weeks possibly? I just think his argument had some holes that's all.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
He's out another week to 10 days at least with a lower body injury. Nice idea, I like him, but by the time he's back on the ice, so could Greene (I mean practicing).

Old
03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 435
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I think only the playoff contention and the contract talks will impact on if he's dealt. He's a UFA to be, you deal him for the best price. If LA offers the best, and you are ready to concede on the playoffs (apparently they have) and can't resign him, send him to LA. He could sign in LA in the off-season (or elsewhere in the division) anyways.
They are still going to ask a hefty price of the Kings, more than if they were dealing him to the Pens or Bruins.

Also, I don't see Jagr as an attractive option, not like most around here have since we played Dallas. He slows down considerably in the playoffs, doesn't have that extra gear to keep up with competition, and isn't too concerned about the defensive zone. He would just be cheating up, looking for the right place, right time, right shot in the offensive zone. He's still a good player, but I don't see him as a weapon for the playoffs, but more as regular season insurance.

People hoping for Jagr seem to be wishing for a lot. I don't see any reasonable way that he is skating with the Kings in a week.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Closed Thread