HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
One of the worst I have ever read. Truly astonishingly bad.
Right up there with Palffy for Hasek.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Robidas isn't any better than Martinez. Trading for him does nothing for LA.

Sometimes I think people want see a Dean make a move just for the sake of making one.
Lol! IMO Robidas brings ALOT more. He's much more aggressive in both ends of the ice and is more battled tested. Fans need to remember that like with Hickey, waivers are gonna become an issue and we may start losing guys for nothing. This is why I see Chicago moving some prospects at the deadline because they may need to clear waivers after training camp next season and be lost for nothing.

If Robidas was an UFA I might hesitate on dealing Amart. But with one yr left AND uncertainty around Mitchell and Scuderi I make the trade.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:05 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

If that's the return then wow lol.

This isn't in regards to the iggy situation but I want to be that team that wins out of the other teams in a trade for once, we get teased often lol.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:07 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I dont remember that one at all but depending on when that was proposed it could be just as bad for sure.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Kopitar for Khabibulin.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You are content to go with Penner or Toffoli on 2nd line LW?

I know Penner showed up last year, but this is Penner we're talking about.
We were content to go with Penner or King last year.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Kopitar for Khabibulin.
Oh yes, the infamous Bruce Garrioch rumor.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
We were content to go with Penner or King last year.
It seems a lot of this board thinks Penner can just flip a switch and turn it back on come playoff time, maybe he will, maybe he won't. The fact that he has been frequently scratched by DS and with the rumors of DL looking at multiple forward options tells me management and the coaches aren't as optimistic about DP as some here are.

And why break up the 3rd line, Stoll has outplayed every center not other than Kopitar this season, he has finally for the first time in five years found a role on this team. Lewis and King work great with him. That line has been unreal, especially on the forecheck, they should be kept together. Perfect blend of speed and grit.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Richie10

Always the bridesmaid. We're basically being outbid by a first round pick. The scary thing is Iginla on Boston makes that team pretty scary. I don't know if we can beat them in a seven game series.

Maybe Dean is just content with the Cup last year and doesn't feel the need to go all in on a repeat. I know other posters on here feel the same. But isn't that where we're at? We're in our window - right now. Shouldn't we be going all in on as many Cups as possible? I'm not suggesting parting with pieces like Toffoli and Bernier for rental Iginla, but we're either going for the big prize again or we're not.

Mixed feelings on this.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Always the bridesmaid. We're basically being outbid by a first round pick. The scary thing is Iginla on Boston makes that team pretty scary. I don't know if we can beat them in a seven game series.

Maybe Dean is just content with the Cup last year and doesn't feel the need to go all in on a repeat. I know other posters on here feel the same. But isn't that where we're at? We're in our window - right now. Shouldn't we be going all in on as many Cups as possible? I'm not suggesting parting with pieces like Toffoli and Bernier for rental Iginla, but we're either going for the big prize again or we're not.

Mixed feelings on this.
Actually we are probably offering the same except its do we want to give Iggy to the west or east.

The only way we win the trade is if we added more than boston, if we matched boston, boston would still win it.

We can beat boston, there isn't a doubt in my mind.

But yes I do feel we are usually the bridesmaid in these trade talks

It'd be nice to be the winner for once and not the runner up

Old
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

Mixed feelings on this.
Maybe he's just confident that this team can win another cup together. Dean has built this team to keep the window open for a few years. Hell, most of these guys are just entering or haven't even entered their prime and they just came off a historic Cup run. Dean will add where he feels the team most needs it, but he's not going to handicap the team for the future to do so.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:

Mixed feelings on this.
my take on it this...

the Kings are in their window right, but that window is the present + five years from now. they are not in a win now mode, as in now this season or it's over with. DL has the core signed long term and barring any career ending injuries, this team will be in the SC hunt for years.

making moves that squander picks and prospects, that are absolutely vital in the cap era is one way to close this window. in order to afford the Kopitars, Doughtys, Quicks, Richards, etc of the world you need to have low priced talent to round out the team. not low priced talent that is inexpensive, because they suck. inexpensive talent that is cheaper because they haven't earned that big contract yet. the best way to insure you have this infusion of talent is drafting and managing those assets. Nolan and King are prime examples of this. will they still be around in 5 years? it's unlikely due to them most likely costing to much to fit under the cap, which is when DL will look to bring up another one or two guys to fit the role and the cap.

throwing away these assets at someone like Iggy in the long run will likely cost you a season down the road. suddenly you send a 1st, a high prospect (TT) and + off to CAL. in five years down the road you may have replaced those players, but you are still catching up someplace else on the roster.

this is why i don't look at 'win now' as in the very present. win now to me is this window the team has for the foreseeable future. yes i want to see back to back, multiple SC's. at the same time i do not want the team to squander what may happen in three years from now, for a quick shot today.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Maybe Dean is just content with the Cup last year and doesn't feel the need to go all in on a repeat
Actually from everything he's said, just the opposite I'd say. I think he wants to make this team a contender for years and that includes defending the title. We don't know what the Flames asked and don't forget DL has quite a few players to sign this summer and fit into the CAP. Maybe Iggy's wish fora long term deal (reportd by a toronto source) was more than the Kings wanted to do.

I still think he'll trade for a LW and a top 4 D, esp the D. He wants to give the team what it needs within reason.
Iggy isn't the only fish in the sea.
And Berner should net the Kings a good return in July

Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I wanted Tanguay in Summer 2011. YES PLEASE.

Signed at a good hit, can play 2nd or 3rd line and great skater.
Tanguay will fail like Gagne did here. No thank you.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:47 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Actually we are probably offering the same except its do we want to give Iggy to the west or east.

The only way we win the trade is if we added more than boston, if we matched boston, boston would still win it.

We can beat boston, there isn't a doubt in my mind.

But yes I do feel we are usually the bridesmaid in these trade talks

It'd be nice to be the winner for once and not the runner up
We just landed Jeff Carter last season (and Mike Richards) and those were only deals in which the team receiving a big player went on to immediately win the cup.

I think fans just want to see trades for the excitement of trades.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:50 PM
deeshamrock

Okay, so there is a reason we didn't get Iggy

Hockey Buzz Eklund‏@Eklund1m
Besides...LA has their heart set on a different superstar power forward...

Old
03-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
It seems a lot of this board thinks Penner can just flip a switch and turn it back on come playoff time, maybe he will, maybe he won't. The fact that he has been frequently scratched by DS and with the rumors of DL looking at multiple forward options tells me management and the coaches aren't as optimistic about DP as some here are.

And why break up the 3rd line, Stoll has outplayed every center not other than Kopitar this season, he has finally for the first time in five years found a role on this team. Lewis and King work great with him. That line has been unreal, especially on the forecheck, they should be kept together. Perfect blend of speed and grit.
You're missing the point. I'm not talking about breaking up the 3rd line at all.

Last year, we ran Kopi with Brown and Williams, and Richards with Carter and King. King couldn't hack it, so Penner stepped in and got the job done whilst King found his groove on the 3rd line.

Thus, Penner and a rookie as our 2LW helped win us a cup. If one can't step in, the other will. And if not them, perhaps Clifford. That's the beauty of depth.

Another forward would be a pleasant surprise, but I like our depth as is.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Reclamation Project
The Expendable

vCash: 592
I know for a fact Dean isn't content with only one Cup. However, he's not going to overpay for a potential quick fix. He's an awesome GM and it's so refreshing knowing how calculated he is. I have absolutely no worries with him at the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

Any ideas? As much as he gets crapped on, I love reading Eklund's posts My kinda gossip!

Old
03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

If, BIG IF, Eklund's correct about that, who would it be? If he's considering Clowe a superstar...

EDIT: Lucic, maybe? There is that rumor out there about him going to Edmonton.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:

Jagr, Lucic or Clowe???

With our puck control game, I would leans toward Jagr, but I'd be ecstatic with any of the 3 as long as the price is reasonable.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:59 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Any ideas? As much as he gets crapped on, I love reading Eklund's posts My kinda gossip!
There are some people tweeting him asking him and so far he's only said 'it's not a Flyer' when asked, but when asked about Vanek, he didn't reply.
I would think since most GM's try to deal out of conf. it's an East Coast player.
I wonder if it was Vanek (big if) that it's a package deal and there's a d man involved. There is a separate rumor that Miller is being discussed via TB for a trade.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lucic isn't being moved unless Boston is blown away by a trade offer. Stupid Hockeybuzz rumors...

Old
03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Ollie Weeks

nvm.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

st louis from tampa maybe i think he would qualify as a superstar althou not sure power forward fits

Old
03-27-2013, 11:08 PM
bobafettish*

vanek?

Closed Thread