HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Morrow

what da hell.
I aint even scared. We got it.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
At least the package is better than Boston's considerably, lucky for Feaster that the Penguins decided that Boston can go **** themselves... lol.

The Pens are terrifying now.
How is that considerably better than Boston's offer? They both look like ripoffs.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
At least the package is better than Boston's considerably, lucky for Feaster that the Penguins decided that Boston can go **** themselves... lol.

Not seeing how this is substantially better than Boston's. Seems like Koko was the best prospect out of all involved tonight.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:44 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

I guess the guaranteed first round pick was the difference.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:45 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

Alex Ovechkin - "superstar power forward" and "big deal between SE division and West"; immense contract and cap hit to take on

Bobby Ryan
- speculation he could hit market with Perry and Getzlaf re-signings, Couturier for Ryan trade speculated; can't see Ducks dealing him to rival

Evander Kane - "superstar power forward" and "big deal between SE and West", was dogged by trade rumors in 2012 and even allegedly demanded trade before re-signing, signed at a reasonable $5.25 million for the next 5 years.

Kane is the guy I'd absolutely love to have on the Kings. His style of play would fit perfectly here and is exactly what the team needs (top 6 winger with a left handed shot). Tough, physical, great speed, 30-40 goal potential.

I'd imagine the price for him is sky high. Maybe talks start with Bernier+ because despite signing Pavelec to a 5 year deal this offseason, I don't see him as a legitimate #1 goalie to build around.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

The rich just got richer.

Old
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:

Khokhlachev is by far the best piece in either of the deals. He has legitmate top end skill could be a solid offensive player pretty soon. This is a much worse package. Agostino is a depth prospect, Hanowski is a depth prospect AT BEST. The first is a late first either way, it's nice that it's guaranteed, but there is just not much value there.

Honestly, I think the package Dallas got for Morrow was better than either Iginla package. Terrible.

Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Guys how didn't we top this offer?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:49 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No 1st round pick in 2013.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:50 AM
NomadFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
No 1st round pick in 2013.
That and Feaster said Iginla was the one who wanted to go to the Penguins.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
How is that considerably better than Boston's offer? They both look like ripoffs.
Guaranteed first, and I like Agostino and Hanowski, especially from a Kings perspective. Just personal opinion. The only problem I see with it is that Calgary adding to arguably their deepest position, especially prospect wise. I think they need to shed some left wings and maybe a veteran D for younger defensive prospects and maybe a new starting goaltender...

Not to mention, we don't want Calgary to well, they are a divisional opponent starting next season. They are a much better trading partner now though.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I read that it was for a 2014 first pick.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No 2013 1st, plus you know they wanted Toffoli or vey , plus more. 2013 is a deep draft

Old
03-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Alex Ovechkin - "superstar power forward" and "big deal between SE division and West"; immense contract and cap hit to take on

Bobby Ryan
- speculation he could hit market with Perry and Getzlaf re-signings, Couturier for Ryan trade speculated; can't see Ducks dealing him to rival

Evander Kane - "superstar power forward" and "big deal between SE and West", was dogged by trade rumors in 2012 and even allegedly demanded trade before re-signing, signed at a reasonable $5.25 million for the next 5 years.

Kane is the guy I'd absolutely love to have on the Kings. His style of play would fit perfectly here and is exactly what the team needs (top 6 winger with a left handed shot). Tough, physical, great speed, 30-40 goal potential.

I'd imagine the price for him is sky high. Maybe talks start with Bernier+ because despite signing Pavelec to a 5 year deal this offseason, I don't see him as a legitimate #1 goalie to build around.
Your kidding right? I follow the Jets as close as can be (even closer than Kings) and I have never ever heard this. It is quite simply not true. All of the crap was media driven BS. Jets nor Kane ever wanted out.

The price for Kane would be much much much higher than the Kings would be willing to pay. Jets have no will to trade Kane, Kane doesn't want out. Jets will not be dealing him for futures. They are taking the first steps towards playoffs now and will not set their team back by dealing Kane for future pieces.

Jets would probably start asking with Toffoli + Bernier + Williams + 2nd. I know that's ridiculous, but Kane is locked up long term and a great young player.

I like how you say 30-40 goal potential when Kane scored 30 last year as a 20 year old. More than potential for 30, it's proven.

Oh, and I am one of the people the absolute lowest on Kane. I don't really like the way he plays hockey since he has no hockey sense whatsoever.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:55 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Wow, I don't know much about the prospects but this disappoints me. Someone compare the Penguins package to what we would have given up. I'm assuming the 1st RD pick was basically the difference.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah, Evander Kane ain't going nowhere. Future captain of that franchise, move on.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
CNS
A World Alone

LA Kings ‏@LAKings 2m

That folks is why a rumor is a rumour.

****ing lolz. Love our twitter.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Wow, I don't know much about the prospects but this disappoints me. Someone compare the Penguins package to what we would have given up. I'm assuming the 1st RD pick was basically the difference.
Seems Calgary was fixated on the number 1. I remember reading in multiple places over the past week or so that Calgary required a 1st round pick to be part of the deal. Guess they were right.

It also sounds like Iginla really wanted to join the Pens all along. Isn't too far-fetched. They've raised their stock immensely over the past month or so, with their winning streak and trades. They are favorites, arguably moreso than Chicago right now. Iginla may have forced Feaster's hand a little to go to the Pens. Are you really going to tell a player of his caliber, after all he has given the franchise, no?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Yeah, Evander Kane ain't going nowhere. Future captain of that franchise, move on.
No, he is not the leader type. He will not ever wear a letter, IMO. Doesn't mean he is not a hugely valuable player.

Quote:
Honestly, I'd say Nick Shore and Michael Mersch are much better prospects than the two CGY acquired. And they are far from prominent Kings prospects (solid just not spectacular).

Old
03-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Shellz

I bet Aaron Ward feels like the biggest ass. He basically confirmed it.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:03 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
No, he is not the leader type. He will not ever wear a letter, IMO. Doesn't mean he is not a hugely valuable player.

Honestly, I'd say Nick Shore and Michael Mersch are much better prospects than the two CGY acquired. And they are far from prominent Kings prospects (solid just not spectacular).
I actually really like Nick Shore but giving him and Mersch up would not even be that big of a loss, in all honesty. Wow, that's stunning. Calgary really wanted the 1st RD pick

Old
03-28-2013, 02:03 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Someone please make a picture of all the twitter fail announcing Iggy being traded to Boston! You can start with Kevin Allen

Old
03-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP
Burning the late night oil, Kings Asst GM Ron Hextall leans back in his chair and says, "I could have done way better".
I seriously don't know what the **** this means.

Is it a joke? Is he being quoted? Is he talking about the Iginla negotiations?

Having heard there were offers from three teams, were the Kings one of them?

Many questions, no real answers. That is probably the biggest reason Twitter is not as definitive as it should be.

Ask Aaron Ward how he feels about Twitter now. :/

03-28-2013, 02:07 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

So funny seeing all the reporters getting it wrong.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:07 AM
Chazz Reinhold

The best part of this is watching those "Iginla is a Bruin" links mysteriously disappear off Facebook.

Closed Thread