HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phi - Phx

Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I wonder if Holmgren will overpay for Yandle, to try making the playoffs.
I can see the 'Yotes including Gordon to offset the loss of Couturier.
I think any deal would be in the offseason. PHX is only like 2-3 points out. Can't see them moving Yandle now for a future piece.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Can't see the Flyers trading Couturier + a top-10 pick for Yandle.

I'd imagine that the base would be one of the following packages:

Couturier + something small... MAYBE
Read + 2013 1st No, not trading Read + Drouin, MacK, Jones, or Barkov (and I think we'll be in the top 4)
Read + S. Laughton MAYBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Couturier, Read, a 2014 1st and a 2013 2nd for Yandle? If Philadelphia misses the playoffs next year then Phoenix sends them their 2014 2nd.
^^^GOOD GOD, NO^^^

I like Yandle and I think he would help the Flyers, but I'm not willing to give up something outrageous for him. Couturier + something small would be the most agreeable package for me. Or perhaps Read + Laughton.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:16 PM
ducky

I think all Phoenix fans agree, IF Yandle is traded it will be for a top line forward that can help them NOW.

Coutourier could be a big piece but is not enough. Still questions marks about his offensive game.

Would be interesting to see Cout and Briere (unlikely Briere will waive to go that far from Philly) a really good young player AND an offensive boost for right now.

Last edited by ducky: 03-24-2013 at 10:22 PM.
ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I think all Phoenix fans agree, IF Yandle is trade it will be for a top line forward that can help them NOW.

Coutourier could be a big piece but is not enough. Still questions marks about his offensive game.

Would be interesting to see Cout and Briere (unlikely Briere will waive to go that far from Philly) a really good young player AND an offensive boost for right now.
Hartnell + for Yandle?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:20 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
I think any deal would be in the offseason. PHX is only like 2-3 points out. Can't see them moving Yandle now for a future piece.
winless in the last 5 games, Smith playing like crap and is out for the next game, Vrbata's injured, 6 forwards are heading to UFA status, and 2 forwards will be RFAs. The future of the franchise looks bleak. Who really profits if they make the playoffs? Or should I say, that the NHL will not lose as much money. Maloney's and Tippet's contract expires after the season. Team will likely relocate after the season. Yes I can see them trading Yandle for the franchise's future. Politics being the reason and no guarantees that the team will be playing in Glendale next season.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:22 PM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

Sorry if this has been discussed already but would a Phoenix fan mind telling me who you guy value more: Rundblad or Gormley?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:36 PM
OT OEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed already but would a Phoenix fan mind telling me who you guy value more: Rundblad or Gormley?
Gormley has more value

OT OEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:45 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Gormley.

03-24-2013, 10:46 PM
hbk

Quote:
Depends who's coaching.

Gormerly fits better into a Dave Tippett system. He's an every situation player. Arguably the best player at last years Memorial Cup and has had a very solid rookie AHL season.

Rundblad has a much higher offensive upside. I would argue that Rundblad may be Phoenix's most talented offensive player in the organization. He's developing very nicely on the farm and is currently on a six game point streak.

Gormely is the safer choice but Rundblad has offensive instincts you can't teach. Rundblad has home run upside.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:49 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

The Coyotes are desperate for offense. So why trade Yandle? Maybe Klesla for Briere, or something like that. Probably more simple than a Yandle blockbuster.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:50 PM
ahthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I wonder if Holmgren will overpay for Yandle, to try making the playoffs.
I can see the 'Yotes including Gordon to offset the loss of Couturier.
I think if any trade is made it'll be made closer to the deadline. If we win 4 in row from now until then, leaving us with 17-16-2 and probably closer to the playoffs than last in the East, I could see management getting something done. However...

Flyers play the Rangers, the Islanders, the Bruins and the Capitals so if they win 4 in a row and actually put themselves in good position at the deadline, I'll be very surprised. They currently have the 4th worst points percentage which obviously has them on pace to be drafting in the top-5 with a decent shot at drafting in the top-3...

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:05 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Gormley has more value in terms of the development trajectory, and is a slightly more sure thing for the future.

However, Rundblad is less movable, since he is being counted on as one of the anchors on the right side a few years down the road. There isn't the same log-jam as on the left side (Yandle, OEL, Gormley, + some already capable NHL players like Klesla). So in that sense, Rundblad is far less likely to be available than Gormley.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:06 PM
MR28
9 17 32 14 55 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The Coyotes are desperate for offense. So why trade Yandle? Maybe Klesla for Briere, or something like that. Probably more simple than a Yandle blockbuster.
the flyers are going to be trading for futures
klesla isn't an option for us

MR28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:07 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin27 View Post
Read for Rundblad, 3rd?
Please no; Read has near zero value for a team in Phx situation. He will cost a ton to resign, and has no cost-controlled year left. Plus Rundblad has much higher upside. If a deal were to be made, it is definitely Phillie that has to add, and add a lot.

Your offer at best gets a click on the other end of the phone line.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Read has another year left at 900kay and his signing bonus has already been paid in full. He'd be tremendously valuable to a team in Phoenix's situation.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
ahthorne

I don't think Read would really command that much unless a bidding war developed on the open UFA market and he got overpaid. Read's a solid player though and would fit right into the 'Yotes system, in my opinion. He's a 25 goal, 50 point guy with great speed, great shot, and solid two-way play. Undersized, though easily a top-6 forward.

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
The Flyers are swimming in longer term defensive defensemen (Schenn, Grossmann, Coburn), so if there is a deal to be made, it would be around a PMD like Yandle or Rundblad or, perhaps, a two-way guy like Gormley. Klesla is solid and there's nothing wrong with him, but he isn't going to solve the issue that the Flyers need to squeeze 1-2 PMD into their top 6. We need guys who can move the puck to balance out our pairs (besides Timmonen - Schenn) and potentially anchor a point on the power play.

The big deal would be around Yandle. The smaller one would be around Rundblad imho.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:12 AM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

^ makes sense.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
^^^GOOD GOD, NO^^^

I like Yandle and I think he would help the Flyers, but I'm not willing to give up something outrageous for him. Couturier + something small would be the most agreeable package for me. Or perhaps Read + Laughton.
That's really not all that bad honestly, the 1st would be for next year and you guys should return to the playoffs so we basically get 2 picks between 20 and 40 and couts. I guess you could remove Read but I would take away the coyotes conditional 2nd at that point. I think that's the kind of price GMDM is looking for, not just something I dreamed up.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:40 AM
martin27

Couturier, Read, Gustafsson for Gormley, Rundblad, Gordon?

-----

Coyotes get two forwards on low salarys for at least this season and next. Go with the two most accomplished defenceman in the end, but still have depth.

Flyers finally have a robust prospect pool and puck moving defenceman. Draft a forward with the first which will most probably now, due to the trade, be higher.

Last edited by martin27: 03-25-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: to explain the trade
martin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin27 View Post
Couturier, Read, Gustafsson for Gormley, Rundblad, Gordon?

-----

Coyotes get two forwards on low salarys for at least this season and next. Go with the two most accomplished defenceman in the end, but still have depth.

Flyers finally have a robust prospect pool and puck moving defenceman. Draft a forward with the first which will most probably now, due to the trade, be higher.
PHX fans probably won't like that, and I'd imagine there's no way to move both Gormley and Rundblad in the same deal.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:27 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Read has another year left at 900kay and his signing bonus has already been paid in full. He'd be tremendously valuable to a team in Phoenix's situation.
Oh, I see; somehow I thought that Read needs to be resigned this summer; my bad.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:05 AM
DrHamburg

What is the situation going on in Phoenix? Are the Coyotes looking to cut salary? Coyotes are closer to the playoffs and can get in. What would make them better now and cut salary for next season? Maybe something along the lines of Briere, Read, Coburn/Grossman/Meszaros for yandle? Don't really believe Flyers will give up Couts, Schenns, Laughton or Picks. Would Coyotes fans want Briere + Read + Coburn/Meszaros for Yandle?

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
What is the situation going on in Phoenix? Are the Coyotes looking to cut salary? Coyotes are closer to the playoffs and can get in. What would make them better now and cut salary for next season? Maybe something along the lines of Briere, Read, Coburn/Grossman/Meszaros for yandle? Don't really believe Flyers will give up Couts, Schenns, Laughton or Picks. Would Coyotes fans want Briere + Read + Coburn/Meszaros for Yandle?
The difference between Coburn and Yandle is not Read.

EDIT: And I don't imagine getting a defensman back would be a high priority if PHX decides to make a move.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
DrHamburg

Quote:
The difference between Coburn and Yandle is not Read.

EDIT: And I don't imagine getting a defensman back would be a high priority if PHX decides to make a move.
Okay, what about Meszaros, Briere and Read for Yandle? Coyotes take on 7.9 mil real money while adding 2 offensive players in Briere and Read to the offense. Mez helps reduce the loss of an NHL defensemen this season and next. Flyers save 6.15 cap space for next season and get Yandle who fits perfectly for what the Flyers need?

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote