HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs Thread - 8 games remaining (WE WANT PLAYOFFS!!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500

I gotta work on Saturday night myself.

99% I won't be able to stream the game. I will be able to listen to the game without a problem though. Very divided on whether or not to DVR and try to ignore everything around me, or to listen. Super excited and I want to actually watch the game. And watching is not the same if you know what happens.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
A win/point tomorrow and a winnipeg loss would do wonders for my soul

Old
04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
BMOK33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
I think the Rangers are making the playoffs, unless they seriously screw up (looking at their remaining games). Other than the huge game on Saturday, they don't play a team in a playoff position
That can be a very bad thing though, sometimes when you play teams also in the hunt they are playing tight, playing teams who don't care is often a bad thing. Add in the fact Tortorella is not necessarily the most loved guy by players and coaches around the league and the whole world loves to see New York, especially the big guns like the Rangers, Yankees, and Giants get beat I don't expect any teams to be giving them an easy game. This is where the smaller market lesser knowns like Winnipeg and the Isles have an advantage, less of a target on their back by the opposition.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:04 AM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
Anyone still awake, pop on WFAN with Steve Sommers if you wanna hear some hockey talk/Islanders hate lol. About every 2 minutes or so, even in the middle of an interview with a Knicks beat writer, he interupts everyone to sarcastically say "Was that Nabokov with another save??"

Plenty of callers have been calling in talking Isles. Sommers keeps saying how the Isles will get killed on Sat.

One especially funny moment was a caller from Lindenhurst who mentioned how our second line has been nasty lately, and when he said it was centered by Frans Nielsen, Sommers perfectly timed a funny "Who?" lol

Its slighty irritating but at the same time quite entertaining to hear the Islanders being talked about all night.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:43 AM
GiveDWrightskates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
A win/point tomorrow and a winnipeg loss would do wonders for my soul
Amen to that!

Old
04-11-2013, 02:15 AM
TriFF51
USA Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiguy21 View Post
For you guys hating on Rosen and Joe Mich
It's called foreshadowing!

Old
04-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Awesome that the playoff thread is the busiest on the Isles boards!

Old
04-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Bummer seeing the Rag$ beat the Make Beliefs and that it went to OT.

Uggggg

Old
04-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Dan-o16

So, it looks like the B's will be down two: Bergeron and Marchand, or 2/3's of their top line, and two of their best players and leaders. The Volchenkov elbow on Marchand was dirty, but Marchand was coming in with his stick high, as he often does.

In any case, tonight's game is looking eve more winnable. B's may run out of gas around half way through tonight. Time to take advantage.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriFF51 View Post
It's called foreshadowing!
That's one word for it. Gosh, Michelleti gets so lost in hyperbole that he doesn't even care about actually analyzing the game anymore.

One of the best american players ever? Epitomizes the sport? Stepan?

That is so lazy and irresponsible from an HF boards poster never mind an NHL color commentator. What a complete joke. Don't miss him at all, now Jaffe, that's another story.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
That's one word for it. Gosh, Michelleti gets so lost in hyperbole that he doesn't even care about actually analyzing the game anymore.

One of the best american players ever? Epitomizes the sport? Stepan?

That is so lazy and irresponsible from an HF boards poster never mind an NHL color commentator. What a complete joke. Don't miss him at all, now Jaffe, that's another story.
Butch did call Josh Bailey one of the best players in the league (if not the best) when healthy at the beginning of the year.

From what I remember Michelleti was pretty level headed and balanced and announcing Isles games, now it seems he is approaching Jack Edwards levels.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrio730 View Post
Anyone still awake, pop on WFAN with Steve Sommers if you wanna hear some hockey talk/Islanders hate lol. About every 2 minutes or so, even in the middle of an interview with a Knicks beat writer, he interupts everyone to sarcastically say "Was that Nabokov with another save??"

Plenty of callers have been calling in talking Isles. Sommers keeps saying how the Isles will get killed on Sat.

One especially funny moment was a caller from Lindenhurst who mentioned how our second line has been nasty lately, and when he said it was centered by Frans Nielsen, Sommers perfectly timed a funny "Who?" lol

Its slighty irritating but at the same time quite entertaining to hear the Islanders being talked about all night.
I find Sommers hilarious because the guy is so over the top. He does it on purpose just to get under the skins of Isles fans and can get away with it because he's usually in the post-game, on-air slot where only die hard FAN listeners tune in. I laugh along with him most of the time.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
I find Sommers hilarious because the guy is so over the top. He does it on purpose just to get under the skins of Isles fans and can get away with it because he's usually in the post-game, on-air slot where only die hard FAN listeners tune in. I laugh along with him most of the time.
Love sommers but mostly cause he's a mets fan.. The Icelanders thing doesn't bother me

Old
04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Isles Chick 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrio730 View Post

I'm pretty sure the only personality that respects the islanders on that station is Evan Roberts. And maybe joe beningo

Old
04-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Chick 89 View Post
I'm pretty sure the only personality that respects the islanders on that station is Evan Roberts. And maybe joe beningo

Methinks there might be one other personality who doesn't have much choice...

Old
04-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Yeah, Joe is a Rangers fan, but he gives credit where credit is due to the Islanders.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:32 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Love sommers but mostly cause he's a mets fan.. The Icelanders thing doesn't bother me
How can you love Sommers, that guy is an idiot and doesn't know anything about sports. His voice bothers me.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Evan Roberts is the best guy on WFan imo, he knows his sports and he's not a homer at all.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
How can you love Sommers, that guy is an idiot and doesn't know anything about sports. His voice bothers me.
Always listen to him on rides home after met games hes a classic haha.. Roberts is the best tho

Old
04-11-2013, 09:48 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Always listen to him on rides home after met games hes a classic haha.. Roberts is the best tho
He hates all the teams I like, Yankees, Isles, and Jets, very annoying lol.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:55 AM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

it doesnt matter who likes or respects the isles when theyre winning

did anyone hear MM on Boomer & Carton this morning? so funny.....carton is now an isles fan just to piss boomer off....was wearing an isles jersey....he loves MM, prob because he is with boomers daughter....

Old
04-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
it doesnt matter who likes or respects the isles when theyre winning

did anyone hear MM on Boomer & Carton this morning? so funny.....carton is now an isles fan just to piss boomer off....was wearing an isles jersey....he loves MM, prob because he is with boomers daughter....
Yeah I'd like to see what happened, probably hilarious, I'm sure carton took a few shots at boomer

Old
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
SpeedDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
I'll make this part easy for you...Nabby won't be resting for the remainder of the season UNLESS the last game of the season we can't improve or lose our playoff position....He's played all but what5-6 games this year? At the most important part of the year he's on the bench? No way, I'd go out on a limb and say the reason we are 7-1-1 over the last 9 games has more to do with Nabby then any other 1 person on the team. Ride him til he bucks now
I'll make this easy for you

you play Nabby every game the rest of the way you bomb out 0-4 in 1st round-- IF THE TEAM GETS THAT FAR. The guy has been outstanding when the D has faltered. But he's still human.

seriously people have no concept of strategy. collect and gather your strengths for when it matters.

when the Preds clinched a playoff spot last season Trotz rested 3 of his top 6 in the last game.

. The isles will lose to the bruins regardless, why waste a game on an important player who will be needed later on?

Old
04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Isles Chick 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post

Methinks there might be one other personality who doesn't have much choice...
Believe me. It kills boomer to see that lol

Old
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1401079

Take it to Part II.