HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HF Hyper League Season 4 Thread 3 (CGY, BOS, PHX Available)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 11:28 PM
  #151
SnS
Global Moderator
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabrony View Post
Zetterberg, when can you play our series?
He quit the league.


I love how Edmonton logs off as I turn my x-box on. I'm so close to booting him and playing the computer since I specifically told him in 2 messages I'd be on after 11 PM EST tonight.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:53 AM
  #152
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!
 
McNashty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,570
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
He quit the league.


I love how Edmonton logs off as I turn my x-box on. I'm so close to booting him and playing the computer since I specifically told him in 2 messages I'd be on after 11 PM EST tonight.
I'll take the spot just to fill the void. How crazy of a series would that be? Like you said hahaha!

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:24 AM
  #153
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Advanced!


Playoffs Round 2!

1 Minnesota v 4 Edmonton
2 Nashville v 3 Dallas

1 Florida v 7 Islanders
3 Montreal v 4 Tampa


I plan to advance Wednesday night after midnight EST.
What time is it now? Anyway, just keep the schedule, sim games if needed...unfortunate, but that is how one keeps things running at least.

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:12 AM
  #154
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
CanuckCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Budapest
Country: Canada
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Why'd you delete the posts! lol i wanted to see what he had to say

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
  #155
SnS
Global Moderator
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
What time is it now? Anyway, just keep the schedule, sim games if needed...unfortunate, but that is how one keeps things running at least.
I'm not simming the playoffs, when me and Edmonton have a set time. We played one last night, we're finishing it up tonight after I am done work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Why'd you delete the posts! lol i wanted to see what he had to say
Because that's not how things are handled.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:09 AM
  #156
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I'm not simming the playoffs, when me and Edmonton have a set time. We played one last night, we're finishing it up tonight after I am done work.




Because that's not how things are handled.
So who ended up in the Conf. finals?

edit: I notice that we still miss a few matches in the Western conf.


Last edited by noexult: 04-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:41 PM
  #157
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
This is advanced to the Conf. finals now...

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:51 PM
  #158
Lozano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Wow. I go up 2-0 on Nashville. He doesn't show up when we're supposed to play. Then I lose 3-2 in the sim.... Such trash....

Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:20 PM
  #159
Bruisers Brigade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carolina
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozano View Post
Wow. I go up 2-0 on Nashville. He doesn't show up when we're supposed to play. Then I lose 3-2 in the sim.... Such trash....
I've been on every night since the first two games, messaged you last night and got nothing back. Not exactly my fault, at least I tried. Sorry that the sim screwed you over, I definitely don't deserve to be in the next round.

Bruisers Brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:40 PM
  #160
SnS
Global Moderator
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
I warned him after the first game to stop being cheesy and playing cheesy - which he didn't. First game he went shortside about 1,400 times.

Second game, he board played himself about 7 times - which letters put in the rules ; before he left.

PM me any concerns about it from here on out.

Also ; waiting for the video from Tampa about his series with CanuckCity.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:45 PM
  #161
JuicyJ*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
I sent a request for Phoenix

JuicyJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
  #162
Beats By CoRD
Tommy Fresh
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In The Studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,182
vCash: 50
Why was I booted? I posted here that I went to Toronto for a week and enabled my CPU to play against.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
  #163
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Why was I booted? I posted here that I went to Toronto for a week and enabled my CPU to play against.
No idea, but do send in a join request and u'll be accepted in asap for sure

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:16 PM
  #164
Beats By CoRD
Tommy Fresh
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In The Studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,182
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
No idea, but do send in a join request and u'll be accepted in asap for sure
Will do. I changed my GT from MusicOrDieRDS to oOoThird 3yeoOo FYI.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:42 PM
  #165
SnS
Global Moderator
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Why was I booted? I posted here that I went to Toronto for a week and enabled my CPU to play against.
Because Tampa had to finish the series against the CPU since he injured someone.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:45 PM
  #166
camwise
Registered User
 
camwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
wow really?? Every post I read and the one I commented on was deleted??? Are we serious here???

camwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:08 PM
  #167
SnS
Global Moderator
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
Keep the topic of that series private, It was said once. It was said twice.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
  #168
Bruisers Brigade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carolina
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Great series ... Hurts to get swept, but seeing as how we had 3 one-goal games I'm not too upset about it. Best of luck to you in the finals, go out there and win it for the West!!!

-

Bruisers Brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:52 PM
  #169
Bruisers Brigade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carolina
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Only thing I would like to say is in regards to this portion of the rules:

" I know the difference between something that is cheating, and something that is lame but fair."

ShootNScore, you messaged me after the first game about how my first goal was "cheesy". I think this rule is better applied to that goal. Yes, it was a backhand-forehand throw the goalie off whatever, but it was also on a breakaway. While it may be a lame way to get scored on, I think scoring breakaway goals with my first liners is a pretty fair way to play. If I earn the breakaway, I deserve a high chance to score, right?

Bruisers Brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:32 AM
  #170
Jabrony
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisers Brigade View Post
Only thing I would like to say is in regards to this portion of the rules:

" I know the difference between something that is cheating, and something that is lame but fair."

ShootNScore, you messaged me after the first game about how my first goal was "cheesy". I think this rule is better applied to that goal. Yes, it was a backhand-forehand throw the goalie off whatever, but it was also on a breakaway. While it may be a lame way to get scored on, I think scoring breakaway goals with my first liners is a pretty fair way to play. If I earn the breakaway, I deserve a high chance to score, right?
Absolutely. If you give a breakaway, you have to expect the other player to score. I know a lot of ways to score on a breakaway but none are as efficient as a good ol'backhand forehand and if I really need a goal, I'll go for it. I don't think that makes me a cheeser...

Jabrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:39 AM
  #171
TorMapleJays
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabrony View Post
Absolutely. If you give a breakaway, you have to expect the other player to score. I know a lot of ways to score on a breakaway but none are as efficient as a good ol'backhand forehand and if I really need a goal, I'll go for it. I don't think that makes me a cheeser...
when its all you look for, or circle and rag the puck to go in hyper mode.. its cheese

TorMapleJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:51 AM
  #172
Jabrony
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMapleJays View Post
when its all you look for, or circle and rag the puck to go in hyper mode.. its cheese
I agree. However, if you pay attention to what I wrote, you can see that I said in a breakaway.

Jabrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
  #173
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabrony View Post
I agree. However, if you pay attention to what I wrote, you can see that I said in a breakaway.
If you get 5 breakaways it's cheesy to do that move on every try Anyway...time to get these conf. finals done, right? Only Eastern left...

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:09 AM
  #174
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
CanuckCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Budapest
Country: Canada
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
My 2 cents here: In playoffs especially, if you give someone an opportunity to score, aka a breakaway, you have to expect they're going to try to score using the highest percentage shot/deke. Now it becomes cheesy when that is what you go for more than half of the time. Some people enter the zone and then start doing zig zags and other crap like that until they can get that exploit shot off. Or will go backhand-forehand at every opportunity.

The line between being cheesy and getting a goal when you need one isn't that thin. Its pretty black and white imo.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:19 AM
  #175
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
If you get 5 breakaways it's cheesy to do that move on every try Anyway...time to get these conf. finals done, right? Only Eastern left...
No.

Play defense.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.