HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coach Hunt: Tampa vs. Buffalo - Who wins?

Old
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
-Warm weather creates issues with the surface of the ice inside arenas, creating less quality ice conditions. Cold weather is better for hockey.
-Tampa's ownership isn't as good as buffalo's ownership considering buffalo's owner spends money on what he thinks the team needs, tampa's owner spends money on what he thinks the team needs then cries about not making money afterwords.
-Tampa actually has worse attendance then Buffalo, Averaging 96.2% compared to 99.9% in buffalo last season, and 87.4% compared to buffalo's 98.7% the year before. Looks to me like buffalo has the more dedicated fanbase.
-Tampa does have established talent, but if you go anywhere with that talant, you are just winning with somebody else's team. Buffalo's talent is young enough that in a year or two when their talent becomes established talent, it will be your team. Many coaches would prefer that.
-Coaches don't really get any time off during the season. Once the season is over, that coach can go wherever he wants, so the last point really is irrellivant.

Advantage buffalo due to arguments finishing out at 3 (Buffalo)-1 (tie for talent) - 1 (not relevant to the discussion) - 0 (Tampa)

Just because its Buffalo doesn't mean every other city in the league is better.

TBH I would actually like to see Jame's take on this... (yes I actually said that)

One point you missed, is the fact that Buffalo's ownership can and will spend a ton of money on coaching. If he really wants to bring one in, he will match or beat any offer from another team. He is that kind of person and everyone in buffalo knows that.
I don't believe Vinik has ever complained about losing any money. He's even turned down money from Hillsborough County to help pay for renovations to the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

Also your attendance numbers are wrong. I'm assuming you're using ESPN which hasn't updated our capacity in 3 years. We have sold out every game for a 100% capacity.

Stammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
-Warm weather creates issues with the surface of the ice inside arenas, creating less quality ice conditions. Cold weather is better for hockey.
-Tampa's ownership isn't as good as buffalo's ownership considering buffalo's owner spends money on what he thinks the team needs, tampa's owner spends money on what he thinks the team needs then cries about not making money afterwords.
-Tampa actually has worse attendance then Buffalo, Averaging 96.2% compared to 99.9% in buffalo last season, and 87.4% compared to buffalo's 98.7% the year before. Looks to me like buffalo has the more dedicated fanbase.
-Tampa does have established talent, but if you go anywhere with that talant, you are just winning with somebody else's team. Buffalo's talent is young enough that in a year or two when their talent becomes established talent, it will be your team. Many coaches would prefer that.
-Coaches don't really get any time off during the season. Once the season is over, that coach can go wherever he wants, so the last point really is irrellivant.

Advantage buffalo due to arguments finishing out at 3 (Buffalo)-1 (tie for talent) - 1 (not relevant to the discussion) - 0 (Tampa)

Just because its Buffalo doesn't mean every other city in the league is better.

TBH I would actually like to see Jame's take on this... (yes I actually said that)

One point you missed, is the fact that Buffalo's ownership can and will spend a ton of money on coaching. If he really wants to bring one in, he will match or beat any offer from another team. He is that kind of person and everyone in buffalo knows that.
Im sorry and this is your opinion on this post, obviously, but I need to ask...when did management from Tampa cry about not making money afterwards? I seriously want to know, maybe I missed something or didnt read it, that comment just stuck out to me.

And, Tampa has sold out every game this season. Comparing fan bases by prior seasons and leaving out this one isnt helping your case.

Stammertime91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Taxes Conacher View Post
I don't believe Vinik has ever complained about losing any money. He's even turned down money from Hillsborough County to help pay for renovations to the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

Also your attendance numbers are wrong. I'm assuming you're using ESPN which hasn't updated our capacity in 3 years. We have sold out every game for a 100% capacity.
Honestly, read the first page and saw his post, didnt read past it cause I assumed the rest were like this. Didnt even see your post til I submitted mine. Thank you, never heard of Guy, Steve or Jeff complain about money at all. Sums it up for me.

Stammertime91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Well, looking at last night, a non-Cooper-present team throttled a slumbering Sabres team.

04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
zbubble

Interesting tidbits since that last Lightning - Sabres matchup. The Lightning are 3-4-2 under Jon Cooper. Buffalo is now 12-9-5 under Rolston after going 6-10-1 under Ruff.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote