2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
CDJ*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
The amount of assets Chiarelli could acquire for Horton in this market will help set up the team to continue to remain competitive year after year.

B. Morrow got J. Morrow and a swap of mid-round picks. Horton could get a J. Morrow level prospect and probably a 1st.
As much as I love Nate, I would look into it. I wouldn't move him unless it was an overpay though.

I'd be willing to listen on any player at any time though.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Pittsburgh got back a 3rd with Morrow and gave up a 5th plus the D...

Why do people try to rip the Bruins off? Are our prospects not as good as we think? Do they think Chia is dumb?

Koko plus a 2nd for Morrow is ridiculous. Koko and a 5th for Morrow and a 3rd is more like it.
I still wouldn't have done this . . .

Caron for Morrow is more like it. Maybe Shero owed Dallas one for the Neal trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
patty59

Quote:
The amount of assets Chiarelli could acquire for Horton in this market will help set up the team to continue to remain competitive year after year.

B. Morrow got J. Morrow and a swap of mid-round picks. Horton could get a J. Morrow level prospect and probably a 1st.
I don't think the Bruins should trade Horton, but if they have no intention of bolstering this lineup(which I don't believe) then they may as well deal him.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Being soft reaches a lot farther than just not hitting.

But anyways, I don't think the guys they added are world beaters or anything, but Shero ID'd a need and addressed it. We know what the Bruins need, I hope Chiarelli addresses those too.
My list of Bruins Needs: NOT PANDOLFO

that is all.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Or he understands that giving up significant prospects for slight upgrades isn't the best way to go about establishing a franchise over the long term...

People joke that HF overvalues picks and prospects and that is true. But to have a successful team, you need to have impactful ELC players.

PS- I know he definitely lurks on the Pens board. Doubt he posts though.
The Pens are 11m under next year's projected cap with 16 players signed. Boston is 8m under with 16 players signed. Pens are fine with the cap.

As far as "impact players on ELCs":

Next year they'll have Beau Bennett, Joe Vitale, and Simon Despres on ELCs and Derek Engelland making pretty close to the min (if not the min.).

Their future at D is just fine. They have some darn good goalie prospects (Maguire, Killeen). Some decent (but not great) F prospects in Blueger, Archibald, Uher, Sundvist, Zlobin and Agostino.

They'll have a first round pick this year. Their "future" is just fine.

Will they win the Cup? Don't know. Will Morrow and Murray help? I think so.

Old
BoyntBergie

Would Bruins fans have been happy if Dallas accepted the Koko and a 2nd offer from Chiarelli?

I know I would not have been. Would rather stay pat than make that move.

Old
patty59

Quote:
My list of Bruins Needs: NOT PANDOLFO

that is all.
No argument here

Old
03-25-2013, 03:13 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Would Bruins fans have been happy if Dallas accepted the Koko and a 2nd offer from Chiarelli?

I think people tend to overrate out prospects. Koko lit up the OHL, in the KHL his numbers were pretty sub-par. I don't think he's a sure thing.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Is Kelly going to be healthy this season?? And should we really count on Soderberg for anything??

I think this team needs an Iginla. They don't seem like the hard hitting, physical team of the past few years. I think they need a massive upgrade to Jordan Caron, and then need to sit Pandolfo and dress MacDermid. I feel like we are being outhit, and outmuscled on most nights lately.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
RustyBruins72

Quote:
I think people tend to overrate out prospects. Koko lit up the OHL, in the KHL his numbers were pretty sub-par. I don't think he's a sure thing.
Hey Patty. Not sure if you posted it here or not. Now that the deals have started what would be your offer for Iginla if you're PC??

Does a prospect and a couple of DP's get it done? or does there have to be a roster player added?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
It was his first time playing against men. Nothing to be worried about at all. There is a learning curve there, as we saw with Segs, Marchand, Huml (just ****ing with you guys) and countless others

Old
03-25-2013, 03:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post

If we do something like that it needs to be for a more skilled player...We have enough grinders....but if Chia was offering that, he thinks he needs more leadership, that's for sure.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Problem is this our last year with this roster. The window will be shut for at least a year or two after this year. I think it may have shut after last year, but notice I said may. I happen to agree with you that this team probably has too many holes to contend but I do have some faith in Chia to address those needs.
This.
Exactly.

Bergeron, Seguin, Hamilton, Lucic etc etc... the B's have a bright future... BUT

It's highly likely that next year's team won't be as good as the current team. I just don't know if they can resign Horton, and thus replacing him with Spooner is a (I think) temporary downgrade. I'm not a huge Ference fan, but do we think next year's Krug is more Cup-run ready?

Put Savard on LTIR and you have about 11m to buy: 3 F (1 of which must be top 6), 2 Dmen (a second pairing and a back up) and 2 goalies.

Assume Spooner and Krug are on the team. They resign Rask for 4.5m. Get a back up for 1m. That leaves 3m for 2 reserve Fs and a back up dman.

Go for it this year because next year's team ON PAPER doesn't look as strong.

Old
CDJ*

BTW Dom, aka OrrOverGretzky, tweeted about a week and a half ago the asking price for Iginla was 2 prospects and a 1st. Spector confirmed it last night. I wish OOG posted here more often. He's great.

Anyway, yeah I would do Spooner + Knight + a 1st provided Iginla is open to signing an extension with us. If not Caron plus one of em and a first

Old
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBruins72 View Post
Hey Patty. Not sure if you posted it here or not. Now that the deals have started what would be your offer for Iginla if you're PC??

Does a prospect and a couple of DP's get it done? or does there have to be a roster player added?
I'd give quite a bit(by HF standards) for him. I'd do the 2 prospects and a 1st, but one of those prospects is Caron.

I think you could add Peverley in there too and get Babchuk and pick back with them. To keep Iginla beyond this year they will have to move Peverley, at least.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I still wouldn't have done this . . .

Caron for Morrow is more like it. Maybe Shero owed Dallas one for the Neal trade.
yeah I would not have either,...Just laughable if that deal was legit, and more laughable that Dallas didn't take that one.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
yeah I would not have either,...Just laughable if that deal was legit, and more laughable that Dallas didn't take that one.
That might have been the offer, but maybe Chiarelli wanted more than just Morrow and that was the sticking point? Who knows?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
BTW Dom, aka OrrOverGretzky, tweeted about a week and a half ago the asking price for Iginla was 2 prospects and a 1st. Spector confirmed it last night. I wish OOG posted here more often. He's great.

Anyway, yeah I would do Spooner + Knight + a 1st provided Iginla is open to signing an extension with us. If not Caron plus one of em and a first
I would rather do 2 picks and a prospect because the Bruins aren't very good at drafting. But the Flames are even worse, which is why they'd want the prospects.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
It was his first time playing against men. Nothing to be worried about at all. There is a learning curve there, as we saw with Segs, Marchand, Huml (just ****ing with you guys) and countless others
How did he do against the best players his own age (and younger) in the WJCs? Good. Not great.

He's a good prospect for sure. I wouldn't have given him up for Morrow, but for Iginla? Yup.

Old
patty59

Quote:
I would rather do 2 picks and a prospect because the Bruins aren't very good at drafting. But the Flames are even worse, which is why they'd want the prospects.
If they aren't good at drafting then why is everyone so concerned with trading our prospects, that we drafted?

Old
C77

I don't like this market one bit.

Pittsburgh gave up 2 2nd round picks for a bottom pairing defensive defenseman.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
If they aren't good at drafting then why is everyone so concerned with trading our prospects, that we drafted?
Because they'd want Spooner, which is one of the few Chiarelli draftees that looks like a sure thing.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:26 PM
patty59

Quote:
Because they'd want Spooner, which is one of the few Chiarelli draftees that looks like a sure thing.
What about Knight? I think he has a good shot at the NHL.

Or Subban or Koko?

I'm not against trading those guys, but a lot are.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
C77

Quote:
Yea it's not a very impressive drafting record for the Bruins.

The only two draft picks that they've made since 2007 that are on the roster are the gimme picks from the Leafs.

Well I guess Caron counts too....

Closed Thread