2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
patty59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Here's a doozy of one I'm about to bring up. Even more of a doozy than Wideman.

Alexei Kovalev. More or less came out and said he didn't retire on his terms (FLA more or less pushed him out). Seems like he still wants to play. If we can't find decent value at the deadline, maybe we should get him for free and replace Pandolfo with him? From all accounts he is a liability 5 v 5 but is still good on the PP. Pandolfo is also a liability 5 v 5 but doesn't do **** else.

Maybe we just slightly upgrade our PP doing that. Plus, Julien did coach him I believe...

Can't believe I just said that
You should feel shame.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
This is why looking at nothing but stats instead of watching the actual games is always a bad thing. That and his ridiculous albatross of a contract that Calgary signed him to this off season.

pretty sure I've seen Wideman play before

Old
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:

Alexei Kovalev. More or less came out and said he didn't retire on his terms (FLA more or less pushed him out). Seems like he still wants to play. If we can't find decent value at the deadline, maybe we should get him for free and replace Pandolfo with him? From all accounts he is a liability 5 v 5 but is still good on the PP. Pandolfo is also a liability 5 v 5 but doesn't do **** else.

Maybe we just slightly upgrade our PP doing that. Plus, Julien did coach him I believe...

Oh, did they shut him down? I was looking at his deal on capgeek and saw he played only about 12 games or something. He'd be a body at this point. Dunno that he's any better than a Caron at this point.

03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Watch for the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Does not compute
????

Old
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
I'd rather have Rex out of retirement, but neither's gonna happen...

My real point is that I don't see the Bruins as going far this season principally due to the play or Horton and Lucic. I don't think they have the desire to embark upon a SC campaign. And, we have too little talent on this team to compete for an SC.
I recall Horton being invisible for a long stretch during the regular season in which the B's won the Cup.He has been inconsistent since the B's acquired him.As frustrating as that is ,he also could get hot and score some big goals.

Old
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
They're first in goals against.
And you attribute that to the D-corps?

Old
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:

No thanks man....we are not THAT desperate.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
No kidding

The ONE time Chiarelli makes some bold moves at the deadline and he cashes in on a Cup victory. He then follows it up with dollar store shopping and gets bounced in the 1st round.

It's not a coincidence.
The Bruins loaded up when they got Gonchar and Nylander. That did not work out well. It is not always so cut and dry.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
hopkinsj31

Quote:

You think he would have retired if someone would've picked him up?

His agent contacted every GM that Alexei was willing to play for and they all said no thanks.

He's old, He sucks, and he probably has by far the worst attitude of anyone who has played anywhere near as many games as he has. I honestly could not think of a worst signing.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
hopkinsj31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
The Bruins loaded up when they got Gonchar and Nylander. That did not work out well. It is not always so cut and dry.
No ****. Peter Chiarelli wasn't the GM then either, which is the point he was making.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

I think Calgary is going to want A LOT for Iggy. And since he's unsigned I'm wary of that. (woops, just read Dom's tweet and and I think we've got the same idea)

Are any of you comfortable with giving away Koko, Spooner, Knight, and Subban. I'll rephrase this, are any of you comfortable giving away 2 or 3 of them, together? Cause I'm not. And if you read Dom's tweets, that's the sense I'm getting.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
smithformeragent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
And you attribute that to the D-corps?
Yes. They are fortunate to have two anchors in Chara and Seidenberg that they can pair with whomever and be just fine. They get into trouble when they get penned in, like the third line was constantly the other night. Unfortunately, other than Hamilton, they don't get much offensively from the back end. Chara's point shot almost never hits the net. They are inept at moving the puck through the point on the power play. They need some help in that respect.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes. They are fortunate to have two anchors in Chara and Seidenberg that they can pair with whomever and be just fine. They get into trouble when they get penned in, like the third line was constantly the other night. Unfortunately, other than Hamilton, they don't get much offensively from the back end. Chara's point shot almost never hits the net. They are inept at moving the puck through the point on the power play. They need some help in that respect.
I know this isn't the place for this discussion so I'll say my piece and peace, but Chara and Seidenberg have not been playing up to their usual caliber. Defense has been a hallmark with this team in recent memory (even with Wideman), but this year something strange is afoot at the Circle K.

If they're going to add to the blue line, I hope it's for someone (significantly) more defensively sound than Wideman.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
They're first in goals against.
Tied for 2nd actually. Ottawa has given up the fewest (per game). Boston has given up 3 less goals but has played 2 less games.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
smithformeragent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Tied for 2nd actually. Ottawa has given up the fewest (per game). Boston has given up 3 less goals but has played 2 less games.
Ok, fine.

Point being, I don't think defense is the concern.

I think that the problem twofold.

1. The ineptitude of the 3rd line means that the Bruins no longer create match up problems for opponents.

2. The first line is consistently inconsistent.

So maybe Iggy IS the answer. I still think the price is very steep.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
hopkinsj31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
I think Calgary is going to want A LOT for Iggy. And since he's unsigned I'm wary of that. (woops, just read Dom's tweet and and I think we've got the same idea)

Are any of you comfortable with giving away Koko, Spooner, Knight, and Subban. I'll rephrase this, are any of you comfortable giving away 2 or 3 of them, together? Cause I'm not. And if you read Dom's tweets, that's the sense I'm getting.
Absolutely. Any 2 of them and a first for Iginla.

Sometimes you need to take risks, Iginla has said he doesn't want to just be a rental, so you work on re-signing him after the playoffs. The guy is a stud. This is the going rate for a player of his calibre.

I mean, What do people expect Iginla is going to cost? We gave up Colborne(who was in the class with these guys 2 years ago), a 1st, and a 2nd for freaking Tomas Kaberle.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

As much as I'd like the Bruins to trade for Iginla, not a that price. Just sign him this summer and let Horton go if we need to.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

Yea I would, and if you can get a condition on the first even better (similar to the Kaberle condition).

Old
03-25-2013, 04:14 PM
smithformeragent

Stars looking to extend Jagr

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2013/3/...stars-contract

Old
03-25-2013, 04:14 PM
ranold26
Registered Loser

Old
03-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Johnny Bran Muffins

Quote:
Stars looking to extend Jagr
Really don't think Jagr is or was ever one of the Bruins' targets.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Yea I would, and if you can get a condition on the first even better (similar to the Kaberle condition).
Ya, I'm not seeing the big deal with this. Iginla is the real deal. YOu can't be worried about trading potential 2nd and 3rd liners for a guy like Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
This just doesn't "feel" like a year the Bruins will make a serious run. Why give up Spooner, Koko, Subban, or Knight in a vein attempt to cure what is a sure sense of complacency around this team.

They are no longer a tough, physical, skilled team. They are team that avoids contact, skates by when they should lay a hit on the opposition, and is in love with the horizontal pass in the offensive zone rather than shooting the puck and crashing the net.

We are going to hear some valid and non valid excuses when it comes to this version of the Bruins: Short year, players didn't have enough time to find their games, there was a log jam of teams at the market that were buyers, etc. Get ready its coming.

Let this team see if it can find another burst of magic in the post season, if not use this off season to wheels and deal while finding replacements for Horton, Ferrence, and perhaps Peverly.

This team needs a couple years to restock the farm, this year is showing that there is little to no help down there...

03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Ya, I'm not seeing the big deal with this. Iginla is the real deal. YOu can't be worried about trading potential 2nd and 3rd liners for a guy like Iginla.
I worry because realistically we're only getting a few years of Iggy that's IF he resigns. Where as our potential 2nd and 3rd liners, will be stars to come.

I'd give give them ONE of our top prospects, and a choice of a lesser one and a draft pick.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whambamcam8 View Post
people also need to separate being a good deal for boston vs being a good deal for pittsburgh...bruins need an influx of talent, pens, character, they already have an abundance of talent.
yes!

Closed Thread