HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
  #402
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
It seems like Clowe should still be on the market; and based off the way San Jose fans are talking, should be fairly cheap. I think he should be a guy we look at. Definitely an upgrade over Caron & Pandolfo. And adds some more toughness to the lineup.

Hopefully in addition to Iginla!!

SPV is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:00 PM
  #403
Watch for the Yeti
Registered User
 
Watch for the Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Joe Haggerty‏@HackswithHaggs33s
2 CAL Flames scouts in house again tonight for Bruins/Leafs. Lightning, Stars, Canucks, Preds, Coyotes, Ducks, Panthers & Kings here as well

Matthew Linsky ‏@MLinskyHockey
Two #Flames scouts at the Garden tonight #Bruins #Iginla
For what it's worth.

Watch for the Yeti is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:00 PM
  #404
GloveSave1
-44-
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Yeah, who needs 6'2" point-per-game wingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzler View Post
Hurricanes are dumb. They will regret this signing. Guy is extremely lazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Seriously? You believe that Alex Semin is worth $35M over 5 years?

Yeeeeeee ... wouldn't touch that contract with a 100 ft pole.
You would figure somewhere in GM 101, the class would go over avoiding giving FAT long term deals to players with a history of lazyness due to a small sample of production.

What's to stop them from going right back to coasting? Come on.

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:02 PM
  #405
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Well I know our insiders say that Scouts usually do not mean trade, but since most of the western conference is here.....I think it's time....Thing is I don't see us trading a roster player. I hope that Bartkowski has a great night out of nowhere....Pevs too.
Spooner is in the line-up.

SPV is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:03 PM
  #406
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
It seems like Clowe should still be on the market; and based off the way San Jose fans are talking, should be fairly cheap. I think he should be a guy we look at. Definitely an upgrade over Caron & Pandolfo. And adds some more toughness to the lineup.

Hopefully in addition to Iginla!!
He wont be cheap. It will cost a minimum of Caron and a 2nd, and likely cost a first, or a better prospect And personally I don't think he is worth it

JoeIsAStud is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
  #408
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
He wont be cheap. It will cost a minimum of Caron and a 2nd, and likely cost a first, or a better prospect And personally I don't think he is worth it
No offense to Jordan Caron, but I think he and a 2nd isn't that much. I'd prefer it to be him and 3rd maybe, we do pretty well in the 2nd round.

SPV is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
  #409
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 18,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Well I know our insiders say that Scouts usually do not mean trade, but since most of the western conference is here.....I think it's time....Thing is I don't see us trading a roster player. I hope that Bartkowski has a great night out of nowhere....Pevs too.
I don't really think the Bruins have a roster player they can afford to give up-not with Kelly out.

The could maybe do a straight up trade of Horton for another 1st liner, but Bruins would still need to do some more trading to get the 3rd line fix (and hopefully Pandolfo out of the line up and Caron too for that matter but at least one of those two).

I think Ference, McQuaid (before injury) and to some degree Boychuk are tradable, but only if a proven defenseman comes back the other way.

I actually think Krug is probably the defenseman who is most tradeable-you couldn't pay me to take Bart unless he was a freebie throw in.

TCL40 is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
  #410
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 18,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Spooner is in the line-up.
I thought Spooner got sent back to Providence. Did they call him up for this game?

Caron is tradeable but I still consider him a prospect and not a real roster player.

TCL40 is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
  #411
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Well I know our insiders say that Scouts usually do not mean trade, but since most of the western conference is here.....I think it's time....Thing is I don't see us trading a roster player. I hope that Bartkowski has a great night out of nowhere....Pevs too.
Well Calgary has a player to deal, and he has indicated he would be willing to consider going to 4 or 5 teams.

Yes they will absolutely send their scouts to watch those 4-5 teams, NHL and AHL teams as MUCH as possible up til the deadline, or until a deal is made. They probably will scout top prospects of those teams in Juniors if they don't have a good enough book on them.

This doesn't mean a trade will happen, or if it does happen it doesn't mean Boston will be the winning partner. But yes they are no doubt very focused on those teams who are possible landing spots for Iginla

JoeIsAStud is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
  #412
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,189
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
need moves, pittsburgh is trading early to have time to shake the chemistry in place.

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:47 PM
  #413
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 20,022
vCash: 500
This team is getting ridiculous. Out played and out worked almost each game this month.

BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
  #414
BamBamCam
Registered User
 
BamBamCam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Seriously? You believe that Alex Semin is worth $35M over 5 years?

Yeeeeeee ... wouldn't touch that contract with a 100 ft pole.
But Lucic is worth 6 million because he can fight but only scores have as much.

BamBamCam is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
  #415
EastCoastNiner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post
You would figure somewhere in GM 101, the class would go over avoiding giving FAT long term deals to players with a history of lazyness due to a small sample of production.

What's to stop them from going right back to coasting? Come on.
This is a prime example of someone not watching him play and just says what they hear about Semin. He's not a floater and is a very good defensive forward.

He has the speed, the hands, and the shot. You pay a premium to keep players with that skill-set and potential production.

EastCoastNiner is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
  #416
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221
 
BigBadBruin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 8,549
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Spooner is in the line-up.
No he is not

__________________
"The only thing that beats winning [in Toronto] is winning in Montreal.--Aaron Ward

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
  #417
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,266
vCash: 500
Bobby boy said on TSNthat the B's are the most motivated team to get Iggy.

Fire Julien is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:56 PM
  #418
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...
 
774EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2 close 2 LeafNation
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,791
vCash: 500
Wonder if NJ would consider dealing UFA Clarkson if they fall off the pace?

774EVER is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
  #419
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
Wonder if NJ would consider dealing UFA Clarkson if they fall off the pace?
Doubt it

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:58 PM
  #420
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Bobby boy said on TSNthat the B's are the most motivated team to get Iggy.
Started from the Bottom now Iggys here


Shaun is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
  #421
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
No he is not
shows you what I know!!

SPV is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 08:02 PM
  #422
GloveSave1
-44-
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
This is a prime example of someone not watching him play and just says what they hear about Semin. He's not a floater and is a very good defensive forward.

He has the speed, the hands, and the shot. You pay a premium to keep players with that skill-set and potential production.
I've seen Semin play enough. Most people around here have. I'll have to shoot over to the Caps board and see if my view that he's lazy is way out there. They've seen the guy for years...not just playing for a contract...

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
  #423
EastCoastNiner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post
I've seen Semin play enough. Most people around here have. I'll have to shoot over to the Caps board and see if my view that he's lazy is way out there. They've seen the guy for years...not just playing for a contract...
I would take Semin at 7 mil/year if he was able to play with Krejci or Seguin.

He could be deadly on the PP too.

EastCoastNiner is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
  #424
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,386
vCash: 500
Dreger also reported on a possible Bobby Ryan for Couturier deal. I guess Philly is going to try and score 100 goals a game.

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 08:06 PM
  #425
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
I want something like the Kaberle deal for Iginla anything over that I believe will be an overpayment.

Blue chip prospect (or so we thought of colbourne)
1st
conditional 2nd
(Throw in something like Cunningham/Camper) Who will be career ahlers
So kaberle and Iginla are of the same value in your opinion?

KnightofBoston is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.