#12 is available right?

Old
03-26-2013, 08:33 AM
patty59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
#12 is available right?
I think the Kaberle honoring period is over now.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:35 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
**** IT
I don't want to call jinx or anything, but wow. You basically just traded him to LA.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I don't want to call jinx or anything, but wow. You basically just traded him to LA.
If it's a true jinx, he'll go to Pittsburgh for an easily-beatable package.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:37 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Does that mean I get royalties from the kings?

Old
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
Does that mean I get royalties from the kings?
no pun intended

Old
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
where did you get this? I would laugh if true
Trust me, it's true. Unlike some, he actually has sources.

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-26-2013, 08:46 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Oh i don't doubt DKH, wasn't sure I missed an article or something said here

Old
03-26-2013, 08:48 AM
jcardoso

Quote:

I use Counter-Jinx

*It's super-effective*

BOOM, Iginla on his way to Boston, whew crisis adverted.

Last edited by jcardoso: 03-26-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: High res pic
Old
03-26-2013, 08:51 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardoso View Post

I use Counter-Jinx

*It's super-effective*

hilarious

Old
03-26-2013, 08:53 AM
goalieman40

i have one of Iggy in a Bruins uniform too, but didn't want to post it for fear of the jinx! Now that the crisis is averted, i'll hang onto it for the right day. fingers crossed!

The Kings one looks like he's using two sticks. I know he's not but just the angle of the player behind him is funny.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandNoseBest View Post
I disagree considering 5 of their top 6 F are: Krejci (26), Bergeron (27), Lucic (24), Marchand (24) and Seguin (21). It's a very young core that's locked up for a long time (or will be once Bergeron is extended). Especially if you are able to re-sign Iginla for something like $5M per and lock up that 6th top 6 forward spot for a while. Then you have guys like Spooner, Soderberg, Knight, Camara, etc. competing for 3rd line spots in future with veterans like Kelly and Peverley mixed in until/if the young kids develop and push them out the door in a trade. That looks like a pretty ideal forward situation going forward to me, and like the Bruins could very much afford to deal away a guy like Koko.

Now if he's just a rental, I'm not in favor of Iginla or anyone for top prospects and/or a 1st round pick. Not a fan of the going all in for 1 season strategy as the odds are always against you winning the Cup, even if you've got the best team in the NHL. But I fully expect Iginla would be more interested in re-signing with the contender he's dealt to even at a bit of a discount as opposed to jumping from team to team over a little extra money at this stage in his career.
I completely agree with you. Bruins have a massive embarrassment of riches at center.. for now AND the forseeable future. Bergeron and Krejci will more than likely be you're top-2 centers for years and years to come. We have 2 top center prospects (You could even count 3 if Soderberg eventually finds his way over here) so giving up one of those to get Iginla is a no brainer.

I'd be wary if it was a guaranteed rental though as I'm not convinced that Iginla would put the Bruins over the top.. but a signed Iginla for another 2-3 years? Even if he's getting older? Absolutely. Probably Khokalachev, Caron, a 4th round pick with a conditional 1st round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Soupy, Thorts, Caron, Kelly, Paille, Macdirmid, Horts* (well...not this year), and Looch....all these guys fit the bill to varrying degrees. They are all Grinder types, some are tougher than others and some have more finish than others, but all are good in the corners and are willing to go to the dirty areas.

*Horton is the one who at least used to do all these things with good finish....this year....not so much.
I think he was talking about in the top 9.. the guys you named are 4th liners, MacDermid is a 14th forward, Horton just... isn't and I couldn't put Kelly into that category at all.

Old
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Soupy, Thorts, Caron, Kelly, Paille, Macdirmid, Horts* (well...not this year), and Looch....all these guys fit the bill to varrying degrees. They are all Grinder types, some are tougher than others and some have more finish than others, but all are good in the corners and are willing to go to the dirty areas.

*Horton is the one who at least used to do all these things with good finish....this year....not so much.
Kelly, Paille and Horton aren't grinders. Horton is the farthest thing from it, always has been, and just because Kelly and Paille are good defensively doesn't make them grinders. If Caron is one, I haven't seen it yet either.

The others are all 4th line players except Lucic who I mentioned in my original post. There is no one outside him in the top 9 who are the Camara type. Everyone is a lot closer to the Spooner mold.

When you have one "Camara type" in your top 9, and 8 of the "Spooner type", you don't need more of the "Spooner type".

Old
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Oh i don't doubt DKH, wasn't sure I missed an article or something said here
my money is Iginla here but I think Chiarelli is not going even close to the package people think

Old
03-26-2013, 09:00 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
my money is Iginla here but I think Chiarelli is not going even close to the package people think

Old
03-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Neely08

Quote:
**** IT
Where's his A?

You're gonna jinx it.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:07 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
i was talking about the Koko not part of the deal comment of yours. But I now read over in the iginla thread that KPD was saying Koko wasn't part of it

Old
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Kelly, Paille and Horton aren't grinders. Horton is the farthest thing from it, always has been, and just because Kelly and Paille are good defensively doesn't make them grinders. If Caron is one, I haven't seen it yet either.

The others are all 4th line players except Lucic who I mentioned in my original post. There is no one outside him in the top 9 who are the Camara type. Everyone is a lot closer to the Spooner mold.

When you have one "Camara type" in your top 9, and 8 of the "Spooner type", you don't need more of the "Spooner type".
your definitions of grinders is different, my defenition is someone that gets dirty in the corners and makes plays there, doesn't mean you have to smoke someoneor or be able to throw alot of weight around. krejci horton and lucic are all grinders, marchy and bergy are, and kelly and pevs are, caron is and merlot all are.... why do you thing we one the cup???? from being soft in the corner...

doesn't mean the can put the puck in the net but they are all grinders except for seguin who is getting better at it.....can these guys all grind for 48 consecutive games and think they will have anything left in the tank for the playoffs?? I think not...thats why the playoffs are better. because everyone grinds, not just a few guys at a time.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:14 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
I have no sources nor want any. Dupes had it; he said Boston offered Krug or Bartkowski which sure seems more plausible than Jim Benning's apple of his eyes Khokhlachev. I know DuPont and I've seen him right Iceberg stories just the tip and can't do to confidentiality say much more and leave out one hell of a good yarn. Maybe just me but the Fluto and KDP have subtly done this other times to competing media members. As for Haggs he immerses himself into the Bruins and his Morning Skate is must read. Haggs. Has sources and they reported to him this but I think I'll go with Toronto aka The leafs boys lol who are a better source. As I say I think he is getting it from contemporaries. Haggs could be me or The a dangly one.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:18 AM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardoso View Post

I use Counter-Jinx

*It's super-effective*

Pokemon battle theme is playing in my head now thanks.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
So is it realistically just down to 3 teams?: BOS, LA and CHI after PITT signed Morrow? BOS being the last Eastern Conference team left standing?

Chicago reminds me of Pittsburgh in that.. they are already pretty solid up and down their roster. Iginla would be insane depth for them but not exactly "needed".. would I be wrong in saying that? Thus.. I can't really see their GM giving up too many assets for someone like that.

Whereas Boston kinda sorta needs Iginla.. they need someone to put them over the top so it would make sense that Chiarelli might be willing to give a little more, no?

LA is closer to Iginla.. wouldn't have to move clear across the Country. I know very little about the Kings this season or their prospects.

In general, it just *seems* as though Boston would be the PERFECT fit for Iginla. I think it will probably come down to a bidding war between BOS and LA.

As long as Chia keeps one of Koko or Spooner I'm down for whatever it takes to get Iginla and hopefully sign him.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Bauer3000

Quote:
Dan just wondering what may have changed your mind about the bs going after iginla versus a Hendricks? Is it mainly because the cost may be driven down by the fact that they are one of only 4 teams approved?

Old
03-26-2013, 09:26 AM
CamFan81
Derp

sn 960
THE FAN

(calgary radio)

is good listening for Iginla talk.

Closed Thread