HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BUF: Tyler Myers Available?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
  #126
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Myers + Girgensons for Eberle? No thanks.
Maybe We can add a little

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
  #127
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Maybe We can add a little
I'd rather see what Girgensons can become before trading him away. Buffalo is trying desperately to build through the draft and there is a big reason why we traded up to get him.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
  #128
jeffl97
Registered User
 
jeffl97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Would love to see him in ANA. Huge bodied RH defenseman. Not sure what Buffalo would want. I would assume Vatanen+?

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:29 PM
  #129
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
The Rangers need to be all over this

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:29 PM
  #130
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
The Rangers need to be all over this
It's nothing more than mere speculation from a journalist who is grasping at straws to form a story.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  #131
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
I'd rather see what Girgensons can become before trading him away. Buffalo is trying desperately to build through the draft and there is a big reason why we traded up to get him.
I can understand that . We are weak at Center and on D ,so i was hoping to fix both of those by sending a first line winger to you .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  #132
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,148
vCash: 500
This is a big problem in today's NHL. Young guys rewarded with monster contracts based off a short amount of play. Not surprised at all at his regression. With youth comes inconsistency. Sabres committed to him, they should ride it out for at least another year.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  #133
sd1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
myers + girgensons for eberle? No thanks.
in a second!!!

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
  #134
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
It's nothing more than mere speculation from a journalist who is grasping at straws to form a story.
Well, we're assuming it's true, but yes, it should be taken for a grain of salt

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
  #135
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
in a second!!!
If you're a Sabres fan, you're kidding right?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
  #136
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
in a second!!!
Deal . I will call GMST and have him fax over the paper work

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
  #137
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Uh the Isles would jump on that. The Sabres would never do that. First off, for how good Tavares is he will never carry a team anywhere by himself, so gutting your depth for him will ensure you never make the playoffs/ get past the first round.Second off, the difference between Tyler Ennis and John Tavares is nowhere near Tyler Myers (franchise dman) and Grigorenko ( future franchise center). Sabres don't need another center. We have 2 centers who are 23 years old that are both in the top 20 for center scoring. Grigorenko is in the wings and Girgensons will be ready in a season or two. Sabres have one of the best center situations in the league.Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons is a great depth chart and they are all 23 and under


Myers is trying to find his form again (no guarantee that he will), Grigorenko is at least 2 years away (oh and you guys already kick started his ELC/burned a year off his ELC [stupidly by your management and coaching]) and Ennis doesn't serve much of a purpose to us.

You can keep your franchise defenseman, 2nd line winger/center and prospect forward and we'll gladly keep our marginally talented center.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
  #138
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Myers is trying to find his form again (no guarantee that he will), Grigorenko is at least 2 years away (oh and you guys already kick started his ELC/burned a year off his ELC [stupidly by your management and coaching]) and Ennis doesn't serve much of a purpose to us.

You can keep your franchise defenseman, 2nd line winger/center and prospect forward and we'll gladly keep our marginally talented center.
Don't worry, he doesn't speak on behalf of the fanbase. We know that would never happen.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
  #139
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorton02 View Post
Would the Islanders consider Myers, Ennis and Grigorenko for Tavares?
Based purely on potential and not weighing in on contract dollars that seems pretty tempting, but Myers Contract alone is a reason to say no. His face plant this year while Tavares has simply climbed into All Star territory with years of development left ahead of him makes me say no way in heck. I also believe in the old adage, the team that gets the best player wins the trade. Tavares is the best player in that trade by more than a little, which is no insult to the rest because he is that good, so no again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Uh the Isles would jump on that. The Sabres would never do that. First off, for how good Tavares is he will never carry a team anywhere by himself, so gutting your depth for him will ensure you never make the playoffs/ get past the first round.Second off, the difference between Tyler Ennis and John Tavares is nowhere near Tyler Myers (franchise dman) and Grigorenko ( future franchise center). Sabres don't need another center. We have 2 centers who are 23 years old that are both in the top 20 for center scoring. Grigorenko is in the wings and Girgensons will be ready in a season or two. Sabres have one of the best center situations in the league.Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons is a great depth chart and they are all 23 and under
You forgot the at the end of your post.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
  #140
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Love Myers. 1st + Gardiner, no hesitation.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
  #141
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post


Myers is trying to find his form again (no guarantee that he will), Grigorenko is at least 2 years away (oh and you guys already kick started his ELC/burned a year off his ELC [stupidly by your management and coaching]) and Ennis doesn't serve much of a purpose to us.

You can keep your franchise defenseman, 2nd line winger/center and prospect forward and we'll gladly keep our marginally talented center.
Yeah, those 23 year old centers scoring at a 70 point pace don't serve much purpose at all.

Not that you should consider that trade though.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  #142
Leo W
Registered User
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
If you're a Sabres fan, you're kidding right?
I'm wondering if you're kidding, Girgensons is a prospect. He could easily become nothing. Eberle is a proven player who is only 22 and could easily be the captain for the Oilers. As someone who watches the Sabres and follows the organization closely, I'd take that deal in a second.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  #143
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
I think the Isles would be the team that would be after Myers the most if he was actually available. They have some good young assets that could really get the Sabres attention if they were looking to shake things up.

To NYI:

D Tyler Myers
F Tyler Ennis
F Brian Flynn

To BUF:

F Josh Bailey
D Andrew MacDonald
F Nino Niederreiter OR F Brock Nelson
D Aaron Ness

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
  #144
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
I'm wondering if you're kidding, Girgensons is a prospect. He could easily become nothing. Eberle is a proven player who is only 22 and could easily be the captain for the Oilers. As someone who watches the Sabres and follows the organization closely, I'd take that deal in a second.
We have the worst defense in the league. Eberle does not improve that.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:54 PM
  #145
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Yeah, those 23 year old centers scoring at a 70 point pace don't serve much purpose at all.

Not that you should consider that trade though.
Ennis has a lot more talent to play with in Stafford, Vanek, Pominville, Hodgson, Ott vs what the Islanders could provide (with no Tavares).

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #146
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I think the Isles would be the team that would be after Myers the most if he was actually available. They have some good young assets that could really get the Sabres attention if they were looking to shake things up.

To NYI:

D Tyler Myers
F Tyler Ennis
F Brian Flynn

To BUF:

F Josh Bailey
D Andrew MacDonald
F Nino Niederreiter OR F Brock Nelson
D Aaron Ness
We give up the two best players. Why?

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #147
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 10,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I think the Isles would be the team that would be after Myers the most if he was actually available. They have some good young assets that could really get the Sabres attention if they were looking to shake things up.

To NYI:

D Tyler Myers
F Tyler Ennis
F Brian Flynn

To BUF:

F Josh Bailey
D Andrew MacDonald
F Nino Niederreiter OR F Brock Nelson
D Aaron Ness
Good god that's terrible. People seriously undervalue Tyler Ennis.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #148
day1devilsfan
Registered User
 
day1devilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Interwebz of PA
Country: United States
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
To Buf:
Peter Harrold
Urbom
JJ and/or Tedenby
3rd Rd Pick

To NJ:
Myers
5th rd Pick

day1devilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
  #149
Lim Ran
Registered User
 
Lim Ran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilergc16 View Post
What would it realistically cost to get him

Trade him to the Penguins. Based on what they've been paying?

SIDNEY CROSBY.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  #150
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Ennis has a lot more talent to play with in Stafford, Vanek, Pominville, Hodgson, Ott vs what the Islanders could provide (with no Tavares).
Ennis hasn't gotten very much help from his wingers this year and has still put up very respectable numbers. As I said, it still isn't a trade you should consider.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.