HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto/Columbus

Old
03-24-2013, 08:11 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 506
Toronto/Columbus

Fedor Tyutin

Jesse Blacker/Joe Colborne
Mike Kostka (roster spot)
TOR 2nd 2013

I'm curious about what others think. I'd like to see Tyutin in a Leafs jersey... has an all round presence, and could easily be the #3 guy that the Leafs are looking for as he is a two-way guy who can shut down the opposition, but also play a bit on the PP.

Jackets get a guy in Blacker who is a #3/4 d-man down the road, and is maybe 1-2 years away to making a difference with their young blue line corps of Murray, Savard, Erixon and Goloubef. If they opt for Colborne, they get a guy who has really turned it on this season, and at 6'5" and 210+, he would give walk into a roster spot on the Jackets. Kostka can man the blueline now, even if only for the season but could be re-signed to a 6/7 role, and the 2nd is in a deep draft.

Not sure how CBJ fans value Tyutin, but interested to hear thoughts. I've always like Tyutin, and think he'd be a valuable addition to the blue and white who need solid defencemen.

OfWolfAndMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
aarons3005

vCash: 500
love it as a leaf fan, but there's no way columbus says yes, they love tyutin.

aarons3005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons3005 View Post
love it as a leaf fan, but there's no way columbus says yes, they love tyutin.
Fair comment for them... I love the dude as a second pairing d-man, so I would imagine they would to.

Would love to hear a counter from them. I get the feeling that he's the kind of guy Nonis would target... a short and long term solution.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:30 PM
RDriesenUD

If we were to trade him, I would prefer to trade him for something else, but the value is probably there if you make the 2nd a 1st.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Love love love Tyutin, but don't see why Cbj moves him.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:48 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
If we were to trade him, I would prefer to trade him for something else, but the value is probably there if you make the 2nd a 1st.
I could see another team giving up a 1st, but not the Leafs. We just aren't that close to the end game scenario for a Cup.

I'm curious - would Jackets fans prefer Colborne or Blacker?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quantity does not equal quality. I see a lot of not so great pieces and a second round pick. No motivation for Columbus to do this.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:59 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
I could see another team giving up a 1st, but not the Leafs. We just aren't that close to the end game scenario for a Cup.

Neither really. That is why I said I would prefer to trade him for something else if we were to trade him.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post

Well i don't really have much hope for Colborne anymore and although i like Blacker i don't think it's worth moving Tyutin and he's not the type of defenseman thats needed. If you changed it to Finn though... that would be a bit more interesting Or just take Wiz instead

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Hotlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
Well i don't really have much hope for Colborne anymore and although i like Blacker i don't think it's worth moving Tyutin and he's not the type of defenseman thats needed. If you changed it to Finn though... that would be a bit more interesting Or just take Wiz instead
You should see how he has preformed since the scar tissue broke down on his wrist injury. Definitely an important prospect for our team. However, I would do this deal in a second.

Hotlanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
Colborne has been playing at a PPG pace for the last 35ish games.

He's fully healthy now and still projects as a solid 2nd/3rd line C.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Crede777
Deputized

I don't think the value is there. REALLY don't need any more defensive or 2nd/3rd line prospects.

If Tyutin were traded I would want a 1st round pick plus a decent prospect coming back.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

I'm a pretty big leafs fan aswell and i know all about Colborne, he did the same thing last year and then disappeared. I was excited when Toronto got him but in all honesty i think he's more likely a 3rd liner then 2nd. He's almost like a less skilled, lower hockey IQ version of Johansen. With Johansen, Brassard and Jenner on the way along with 3 first rounders this year i just don't think he'd be someone Columbus would really look at

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
kihei

vCash: 194
The Leafs aren't going to be trading their first, so it remains to be seen if there is any other way to up the ante that would appeal to Columbus as Colborne/Blacker and Kostka aren't going to get it done. I don't see it happening though Tyutin would be a fine addition to the Leafs.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:03 PM
tml145

Colborne is our best prospect after Reily

i dont consider Kadri and Gardner prospects anymore

Leafs are in no position to trade one of their best prospects

Nonis said he wont be training young player unless it is for other young players

these are the same Leafs fans putting Kadri into every proposal the last few years

Colborne is only 9 months older than Kadri

Leafs are quick to label a player a bust or expendable

after Colborne our next best center prospect is Greg Mckegg

Greg Mckegg is a great name but he is 2 to 3 years away from the NHL if at all

Colborne will be in the NHL next year

Last edited by tml145: 03-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.
tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I don't think the value is there. REALLY don't need any more defensive or 2nd/3rd line prospects.

If Tyutin were traded I would want a 1st round pick plus a decent prospect coming back.
Agreed. I don't think Colborne + 2nd is bad value, though, it's really just another case of the Jackets not getting what they need. I think I've said the same thing in every trade thread: Columbus lacks top line talent. Either give us a prospect who has a chance at it or draft picks who have a chance at it. If Jarmo wants to move Tyutin I think value might be two 2nd rounders and a 4th rounder.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:12 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Agreed. I don't think Colborne + 2nd is bad value, though, it's really just another case of the Jackets not getting what they need. I think I've said the same thing in every trade thread: Columbus lacks top line talent. Either give us a prospect who has a chance at it or draft picks who have a chance at it. If Jarmo wants to move Tyutin I think value might be two 2nd rounders and a 4th rounder.
To me, if you don't get a 1st for Tyutin then don't bother trading him

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:21 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

Until Colborne proves he can play in the NHL, which he has not yet, then he is over-valued. Tyutin is a heck of a proven commodity and Columbus is not going to see this as fair value. Columbus doesn't need any more 'futures', they need 'nows'. And with 3 first rounders that is even more true.

Would the Leafs have traded Luke Schenn to the Isles for Matt Donovan, Johan Sundstrom and a 2nd, which is a similar offer? No, they wanted JVR, a PROVEN NHLer.

leeroggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
TSA0402

Didnt Kaberle go for a 1st, Colborne, +?

I realize that was a stupid overpayment, but just saying.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:45 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Didnt Kaberle go for a 1st, Colborne, +?

I realize that was a stupid overpayment, but just saying.
Bad past trades don't justify bad future trades

Old
03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Bad past trades don't justify bad future trades
Sets a precedent. Gives an IDEA what Toronto should expect to give up, not the usual crap they are looking to offshoot.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:55 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Columbus and Toronto don't make good trade partners. Both are deep with depth wingers, prospects who project to be depth forwards and prospect defensemen. Columbus would probably only deal Tyutin for immediate or near future scoring help (which Colborne is not, being a completely unproven commodity)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:57 AM
gabeliscious

i think the jackets have looked real good this season. they are a bubble team. i think if they can tweak the current roster the could make a push next season. why would they look to break that up for more depth.

at some point you need to quit selling and look to move forward

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:10 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Sets a precedent. Gives an IDEA what Toronto should expect to give up, not the usual crap they are looking to offshoot.
Come on. There have been probably 1000 NHL trades in the last ten years. There is NO GIVEN VALUATION CHART to use, nor an expected return calculation. There are two organizations and their decision makers that decide based on many factors, including need, money, strategic direction, etc.

The only people who set parameters are those of us here; certainly the NHL GM's don't listen to what we discuss here. And certainly no GM gives a rat's ass about precedent set by other team's transactions. The only time they consider precedent is in SALARY NEGOTIATIONS.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Petes2424

Columbus is fighting for a playoff spot after playing really well the last month. You dont minus one of your better players by selling them off for futures.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote