HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Feaster screw up the deadline?

View Poll Results: Will Feaster Screw up the deadline?
No 20 20.00%
Yes 80 80.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Guido Sarducci

vCash: 50
^^Fair enough. It's just that the Flames are in a terrible position and it makes me sick. WHO"S TO BLAME?

I guess it is possible that Feaster(or whoever is really in charge) can hit a homerun on a trade or get Iggy extended but I just don't see it. It's gonna be bittersweet watching Jarome hit all those career milestones with another teams jersey on while Feaster is selling us Byron/Butler part 2.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
^^Fair enough. It's just that the Flames are in a terrible position and it makes me sick. WHO"S TO BLAME?

I guess it is possible that Feaster(or whoever is really in charge) can hit a homerun on a trade or get Iggy extended but I just don't see it. It's gonna be bittersweet watching Jarome hit all those career milestones with another teams jersey on while Feaster is selling us Byron/Butler part 2.
If you have to blame someone, then there's really only one logical choice and it's the ownership group.

Their continuous refusal to be proactive or make the tough decisions when need is why the Flames are in the mess they're in. Their insistence on being competitive for a playoff spot as opposed to a stanley cup, and their repeated perference on short term fixes that handicap the future (trading away all those 2nd rounders) is why the Flames future looks so bleak. At the end of the day, they're the ones who hired Feaster (or hired King who hired Feaster) and subscribed to a 8th place strategy as acceptable.

And I wouldn't worry about Feaster. I'm going to be very surprised if he isn't let go almost immediately after the playoffs, or shortly before the draft. Consider Roger Millions (yes, he may not be the most credible of sources, but still) who earlier today tweeted that it was Weisbord who at the end of the day, held the keys to whether Iginla gets traded or not. Now why would the assistant GM have that kind of power when there's a full time GM whose job description states he should be the one handling that? Feaster's a dead man walking in my opinion.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:06 AM
Northern Neighbour

vCash: 500
Feaster needs to start making some deals soon. In particular, if he's going to trade Iginla, he needs to do so ASAP just to get the rebuilding process rolling and to eliminate all the distractions. The sooner a deal is done, the better it is for the team.

Also, if he waits too long, the short list of teams will look at other options, such as Jagr, Ribeiro, St. Louis, Whitney, Pominville, etc.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
If you have to blame someone, then there's really only one logical choice and it's the ownership group.

Their continuous refusal to be proactive or make the tough decisions when need is why the Flames are in the mess they're in. Their insistence on being competitive for a playoff spot as opposed to a stanley cup, and their repeated perference on short term fixes that handicap the future (trading away all those 2nd rounders) is why the Flames future looks so bleak. At the end of the day, they're the ones who hired Feaster (or hired King who hired Feaster) and subscribed to a 8th place strategy as acceptable.

And I wouldn't worry about Feaster. I'm going to be very surprised if he isn't let go almost immediately after the playoffs, or shortly before the draft. Consider Roger Millions (yes, he may not be the most credible of sources, but still) who earlier today tweeted that it was Weisbord who at the end of the day, held the keys to whether Iginla gets traded or not. Now why would the assistant GM have that kind of power when there's a full time GM whose job description states he should be the one handling that? Feaster's a dead man walking in my opinion.
The owners are so out of touch. They're like Hollywood billionaires throwing money at a production and Ken King is the hapless executive producer and Feaster is the hapless director. I think they literally think all that matters is the gate receipts and corporate partnership.

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:23 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Anyone else starting to get a little nervous that we haven't seen any movement yet?

If ownership plans on moving Iginla on TD Day, as well as 3-4 other pieces its going to be quite a crunch to get them all out the door on time...getting a wee bit nervous honestly.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:26 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Anyone else starting to get a little nervous that we haven't seen any movement yet?

If ownership plans on moving Iginla on TD Day, as well as 3-4 other pieces its going to be quite a crunch to get them all out the door on time...getting a wee bit nervous honestly.
Yep. Starting to get the feeling less will happen than some of us expect.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1300
Quote:

Nope.

Biggest overpayments will come on trade deadline day as teams get desperate.

This is why Sutter typically made his best acquisitions a week or so before the deadline. Until he went crazy, at least...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:36 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Nope.

Biggest overpayments will come on trade deadline day as teams get desperate.

This is why Sutter typically made his best acquisitions a week or so before the deadline. Until he went crazy, at least...
While this is generally true we aren't in the normal situation of needing to move 1 or 2 contracts.

We could be moving multiple 1st line players, or top-pairing defenders as well as secondary players.

Building deals around guys like that takes time, and usually there are "frameworks" of what a deal would look like for that player in place prior to the deadline, and maybe there are in this case.

It will be interesting for sure..

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Flames92

Quote:
While this is generally true we aren't in the normal situation of needing to move 1 or 2 contracts.

We could be moving multiple 1st line players, or top-pairing defenders as well as secondary players.

Building deals around guys like that takes time, and usually there are "frameworks" of what a deal would look like for that player in place prior to the deadline, and maybe there are in this case.

It will be interesting for sure..
Im sure they have the framework of a deal in place for different players with a couple teams, just a matter of pulling the trigger which Feaster will probably do on deadline day so that they can get a better offer. It could blow up in his face if a team moves on to another player so ya its a little nerve wrecking and I agree that they shouldn't trade them all on deadline day. Its still a week away and there has only been two trades of late so I wouldn't rule out a deal on the weekend or something.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:

I think it may be a case of the Flames setting a price (eg. Subban + from Boston) but finding the other party isn't receptive to that kind of deal. So they're trying to out wait the Bruins, hoping they cave and give up the player they want.

It's risky though. If the Bruins get frustrated and instead pull the trigger on Clowe, then all of a sudden the Flames could be in a very big bind and find themselves forced to take whatever they can get, especially as we get closer to the deadline. Hopefully management doesn't screw this up.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:56 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Looks like I was right, Feaster just made the worst trade ever.

Fire this idiot gm.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:03 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Still waiting on finalization of the trade but if the rumors are true then yes, Feaster ****ed up the deadline and it's not even the deadline yet.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Ownership, not Feaster.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:56 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Looks like I was right, Feaster just made the worst trade ever.

Fire this idiot gm.
I am feeling better if Iginla comes back than Feaster was smart to take the guaranteed pick.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:58 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I am feeling better if Iginla comes back than Feaster was smart to take the guaranteed pick.
This hits the nail on the head. We basically give Iginla up for 15 games and get two decent prospects and a guaranteed first if he comes back.

tyflames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
TylerSVT*

So can we turn those "No's" into resounding yes's yet?

F this idiot.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:51 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Looks like it.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Yep he blew it big time! Jay Bo and Iggy for nothing but a couple late 1sts

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:11 PM
TylerSVT*

Late picks at that.

How many 2nds can we get when we trade down?

I hope this idiot isnt here for the Draft, i dont want to take Sean monohan 1st overall.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
BVicious

I vote no.

Cuz he already screwed up before the deadline

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote