HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hartnell to Mtl...

Old
03-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Mahleezer

vCash: 500
Hartnell to Mtl...

I really like Hartnell. I see him playing on line with DD and Gally or even Pleky and Gionta.

Hartnell - Pleky - Gionta
Max Pac - DD - Gally
Bourque - Galchy - Ryder
Prust - Halpern - Eller

Would you trade him Flyers fans?

What would it take?

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:03 AM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

ah, we can only dream.

but not happening unless we overpay for his services.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM
flyersnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
I really like Hartnell. I see him playing on line with DD and Gally or even Pleky and Gionta.

Max Pac - DD - Gally
Bourque - Galchy - Ryder
Prust - Halpern - Eller

What would it take?
a Bag of pucks!! Never liked the way he plays, can't stand up and takes dumb penalties. If he waves his no trade clause, then a second round pick in this years draft.

flyersnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:11 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

A lifetime supply of poutine.
But on a more serious note it will probably have to be a severe overpayment.

chinatown81592 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersnut View Post
a Bag of pucks!! Never liked the way he plays, can't stand up and takes dumb penalties. If he waves his no trade clause, then a second round pick in this years draft.
As a supposed flyer fan, that's just a ridiculous comment concerning a guy who scored 37 goals last year. Yeah he's worthless.

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:19 AM
redbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post

Max Pac - DD - Gally
Bourque - Galchy - Ryder
Prust - Halpern - Eller

What would it take?

I wouldn't mind Hartnell in a Habs jersey but if it's going to take an overpayment and moving Eller to the 4th line , then I wouldn't want any part of it .

redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Captain Saku

1st + Beaulieu.

If they want more we hang up the phone.

Nothing has indicated that Bergevin might be willing to trade his 1st or prospects though.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Who plays LW for the Flyers if Hartnell is traded?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:33 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Who plays LW for the Flyers if Hartnell is traded?
cant one of Voracek, Simmonds or G play off wing?

Off topic but Darren Dregger said that Briere would waive his NMC to come to Montreal, have you heard anything like that in Philly??

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
cant one of Voracek, Simmonds or G play off wing?

Off topic but Darren Dregger said that Briere would waive his NMC to come to montreal, have you heard anything like that in Philly??
Well, Giroux is a center.

Voracek plays the off-wing already. He's LH, but has always played on the right side, and there's no reason to think that he'd thrive if swapped.

Simmonds? Maybe. But then there's a hole at RW.

The Flyers have some depth up the middle, but not on the wings.

I've never been the biggest fan of Hartnell, but his value is a difficult thing to gauge. When he's on, he's a great combination of scoring and sandpaper, but when he stops producing, he tends to become very undisciplined, constantly taking ill-advised penalties. You didn't see this last year because he was producing, but it does seem to be the case now.

I don't imagine he's a player that the team is going to move.

EDIT: I don't believe Dreger said that. I think he used Briere as the hypothetical example of two teams making a deal for the remainder of the season and then somehow sharing the buyout. I'm not sure what exactly he meant, as I did not hear the report. But that was what a few of the posters here suggested was said. I'd imagine it would be something like the Flyers paying half his remaining salary for the season, which would offset what MTL would have to pay to buyout the last two years of the deal.

Briere is out with a concussion now, though. So I doubt he gets moved).

Old
03-26-2013, 07:42 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

I doubt Hartnell ever leaves Philly but he would be the perfect fit in Montreal. As a Leaf fan I hope you either massively overpay for him or never get him

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:46 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Well, Giroux is a center.

Voracek plays the off-wing already. He's LH, but has always played on the right side, and there's no reason to think that he'd thrive if swapped.

Simmonds? Maybe. But then there's a hole at RW.

The Flyers have some depth up the middle, but not on the wings.

I've never been the biggest fan of Hartnell, but his value is a difficult thing to gauge. When he's on, he's a great combination of scoring and sandpaper, but when he stops producing, he tends to become very undisciplined, constantly taking ill-advised penalties. You didn't see this last year because he was producing, but it does seem to be the case now.

I don't imagine he's a player that the team is going to move.

EDIT: I don't believe Dreger said that. I think he used Briere as the hypothetical example of two teams making a deal for the remainder of the season and then somehow sharing the buyout. I'm not sure what exactly he meant, as I did not hear the report. But that was what a few of the posters here suggested was said. I'd imagine it would be something like the Flyers paying half his remaining salary for the season, which would offset what MTL would have to pay to buyout the last two years of the deal.

He was just on MTL radio and he cleared up what he said. He said that Briere would never waive his NMC, but if the Flyers GM came to him and said that he would be a candidate to be bought out in the summer then he might change his tune about waiving it to come to Montreal or any other team that might have interest.

Edit: I dont think that Habs would have much interest at that price anyways, I could see it in the summer if he is bought out, then he could be had for a much more reasonable contract.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
I think he used Briere as the hypothetical example of two teams making a deal for the remainder of the season and then somehow sharing the buyout. I'm not sure what exactly he meant, as I did not hear the report. But that was what a few of the posters here suggested was said. I'd imagine it would be something like the Flyers paying half his remaining salary for the season, which would offset what MTL would have to pay to buyout the last two years of the deal.

I think the Habs are saving their remaining buyout for Kaberle, assuming he's not dealt. They already used one on Gomez.

Given that, I don't think the Habs would be the right team for the Flyers to make such a deal with, unless they take Kaberle as part of the deal.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I think the Habs are saving their remaining buyout for Kaberle, assuming he's not dealt. They already used one on Gomez.

Given that, I don't think the Habs would be the right team for the Flyers to make such a deal with, unless they take Kaberle as part of the deal.
Makes sense.

Briere's contract is a problem for cap teams and a benefit for budget teams. The problem is, few budget teams are contenders, and for Briere to accept a trade, it would probably have to be to a team with a shot at winning the cup.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 03-26-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old
03-26-2013, 08:01 AM
StevieT

How about Hartnell for a 2nd and Tinordi.

Read can move up to the 1st to play LW for the balance of the eyar and revisit in the off season.

StevieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieT View Post

Read can move up to the 1st to play LW for the balance of the eyar and revisit in the off season.
I don't think that gets it done.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Makes sense.

Briere's contract is a problem for cap teams and a benefit for budget teams. The problem is, few budget teams are contenders, and for Briere to accept a trade, it would probably have to be to a team with a shot at winning the cup.

(Briere's buyout ($3.3) is actually lower than Kaberle's ($7.25)
Kaberle buyout is only 2/3 of 4.5 so it 2.75 buyout ... Since we buyout this Summer he will only have 1 year left !

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
BrimStone64

Stars are aligned for Habs this year. Markov is healthy, core players are having great years. Before shelf life expires on Therrein or above reverses, they should acquire a player to increase chances for a cup. Not sure if it Hartnell or not. That is another topic.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Kaberle buyout is only 2/3 of 4.5 so it 2.75 buyout ... Since we buyout this Summer he will only have 1 year left !
You're right. I misread capgeek--thought he had two years left.

EDIT: also, my math was off. Even if he had two years left, his buyout would be something like $5.8. Lesson, don't attempt math before finishing first cup of coffee.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 03-26-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old
03-26-2013, 08:30 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Makes sense.

(Briere's buyout ($3.3) is actually lower than Kaberle's ($7.25)
I think you're mistaken. Kaberle has one year left on his deal that would pay him $4.25M. His buyout would be $2.83M.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
There is no reason to deal Hartnell. Guy is locked in long term in Philly and he's a fan favorite (and relatively productive to boot). Flyers won't move him for peanuts, and Montreal will scoff at the expected price. No reason to move him for picks/futures.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Bleu Blanc Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
1st + Beaulieu.

If they want more we hang up the phone.

Nothing has indicated that Bergevin might be willing to trade his 1st or prospects though.
Why juste not wait until the free agency market opens and sign one of clarkson, clowe, or horton ... If we sign one of these (instead of resigning Ryder), there's no need to give assets for it at first, and then you will not penalize a Lars Eller that finally seems to play as he should.

Bleu Blanc Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:59 AM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Blanc Rouge View Post
Why juste not wait until the free agency market opens and sign one of clarkson, clowe, or horton ... If we sign one of these (instead of resigning Ryder), there's no need to give assets for it at first, and then you will not penalize a Lars Eller that finally seems to play as he should.
Because Hartnell is better than all three of those guys and the point is to give you a better chance at winning the cup now.

I like Bealieu+1st, but considering Morrow's return there has to be one better. Especially from Chicago/Boston.

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
I don't think that gets it done.
it might not get it done, but Habs would never do it. Habs have needed what Tinordi offers longer than they have with Hartnell. And Tinordi finally cracked the top 6

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieT View Post

Montreal will not deal Tinordi. Tinordi represents the organizations greatest need. Hartnell is a very good player and it would take that kind of offer to get him, but Montreal won't make it.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote