Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lee Stempniak

Old
03-25-2013, 07:42 AM
mdonova33

vCash: 500
Lee Stempniak

What would you think about the B's acquiring Stempniak from the Flames? It would make sense for him to go to Boston, as he trains in Salem, NH during the summers. Heis on pace for totals of 20-45-65 (in an 82-game season) and could slot in on our 3rd-line. He'd be a ton cheaper than Iginla as well.

What would you offer? My guess is that they could get a deal done for a 2nd or a 3rd round pick.

mdonova33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:59 AM
MOOKER411

Then why not package him with Iginla ? Fills two needs for our club right ?

MOOKER411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
BruinsBtn

In Calgary, they say he has been playing well.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
In Calgary, they say he has been playing well.
He has, problem is, he plays more of a disher than finisher game, not what we require at this time

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:04 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
I disagree. His one positive is he can snipe. His negative is he is slow defensively and floats like crazy. Not a player for whom Claude would have use methinhks.
Were disagreeing a lot today, I'd wager the last way he's described is a sniper. He's had some modest offensive success but.....I like his willingness to drive and stay in front of the net but..I would have no issues with him on this team but I sure wouldn't be looking at him to produce a ton of goals. Pevs lite without as strong defensive play

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
nmbr_24

I don't want the Bruins to have anything to do with Stempniak. I don't like him as a player, I never have. I have always thought of him as a player who is ok as a 2nd or 3rd liner on a bad team.

Marty McInnis had a few 20 goal seasons too, that doesn't mean he was anything other than a bad player for the Bruins.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Bad Hat Harry
Who let the dogs out

I like the guy...saw him play at Dartmouth for a couple years. Don't think he really fills any holes that we have though.

Bad Hat Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
A Healthy Kelly*

Send a message via AIM to A Healthy Kelly*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Were disagreeing a lot today, I'd wager the last way he's described is a sniper. He's had some modest offensive success but.....I like his willingness to drive and stay in front of the net but..I would have no issues with him on this team but I sure wouldn't be looking at him to produce a ton of goals. Pevs lite without as strong defensive play
Not to seem presumptuous, so my apologies in advance, but how much have you seen Stempniak play?

I'm not supporting the idea of this trade, as I agree as a difference-maker he'd be marginal, but that being said I think he and Pevs are vastly dissimilar players, apart from maybe statistically. Stempniak is a much better finisher and is much less responsible defensively. I also think he's a much better skater than Peverley (I have no basis for this, just judging visually).

I think he could be successful with Krejci, but certainly not a player that I would think is on Chia's radar atm. I think he could produce if given the opportunity with a decent center, but yeah he is a pass first guy. I think the difference is that Peverley is pass first by necessity, whereas Stempniak could be a great finisher.

Also just arguing for the sake of discussion because this is a far-fetched proposal, of course.

A Healthy Kelly* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
LavioletteScores

All former and present Leafs need not apply.

LavioletteScores is offline   Reply With Quote