HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[SJS/PIT] Douglas Murray for 2013 2nd & conditional 2014 2nd (see post #1)

Old
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Actually he kept missing the net. He got it on net one time but that was because it was deflected. His first 2 shots he took in the first you could hear smash the boards because the bomb of a shot. He must have missed 4-5 times, but hit the net 1 or 2 times, 1 from a deflection, the other i'm just making up because i assume he atleast hit the net once. Still first game, but SJ fans say he misses the net alot, much like Letang does for us.
Yeah, I recall Murray either missing or getting his shot blocked most of the time. His windup was always too slow to get his shot off quickly and through whatever gap he was aiming for.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:43 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Yeah, I recall Murray either missing or getting his shot blocked most of the time. His windup was always too slow to get his shot off quickly and through whatever gap he was aiming for.
with the way Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis cycled against the Jets they were giving Murray all the time in the world to wind up his shot.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
zombiekopitor
Timo Time

vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tang View Post
Oh I don't think anyone is trying to put him down, don't get me wrong. It's just that some people are laughing at Pens fans saying Murray was making accurate shots on net when the comments were only in reference to a single game.
Murray has a good shot, the problem is the fact he can almost never get it off because his release is sooo slow, seriously like the slowest I've ever seen. And if he rushes it, he will miss the net. Obviously a guy that strong playing in the NHL is going to have power in his shot, if somehow the Penguins system allows him better opportunities to get it off, well then that's just a bonus!

Glad you like him. I've always been very neutral with regard to the Penguins, but you have 2 vets I would really love to see win a cup and I do respect Morrow as well, I suppose I'll be rooting for them to come out of the east; they're going to have an amazing amount of pressure to do it as well.

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:59 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
with the way Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis cycled against the Jets they were giving Murray all the time in the world to wind up his shot.
That's pretty much how it was here - teams left him open at the point because they knew he has no offensive ability.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
PensFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
That's pretty much how it was here - teams left him open at the point because they knew he has no offensive ability.
That's not at all how it was last night. Murray got so open because of the control Crosby's line had. Forced the forwards to pinch lower to help and our defense had all the time in the world to shoot.

PensFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
After Kane bounced off him and did a handstand, you saw him purposely avoiding Murray. When a guy like Kane is doing that, it says something about what it must be like to hit/get hit by Murray.
You are going to enjoy watching other players learning to avoid him.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
You are going to enjoy watching other players learning to avoid him.
I enjoyed watching him so much he has become part of my playoff avatar.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Slabber Chops

I just like the fact that there is a guy on the back who puts a second thought into opposing forwards.

Slabber Chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:44 PM
nix at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
After Kane bounced off him and did a handstand, you saw him purposely avoiding Murray. When a guy like Kane is doing that, it says something about what it must be like to hit/get hit by Murray.
One of the things I'm going to miss most about Murray is this. Happens at least once a game, someone makes a run at him an bounces right off to the ice. Dude is a brick wall.

nix at home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
MurphyDump

Well I know it's only two games, but Murray has brought exactly what this team has lacked.

He's cleared the crease a few times with ease, possibly saving goal on the PK. A simple shove has sent a few guys tumbling to the ice, something that we never saw before, save for Orpik a few times.

He's been a beast on the boards too, stopping cycles and hammering guys, which takes them out of the play. Players are a little more aware when he's on the ice, when compared to the other D the Pens have.

Is he slow? Yup, has he been caught out of position yet? Not horribly, heck he even lead a dump and chase in his first game and got back to play D. He went up against Winnipeg which has a lot of speed and I was quite worried, especially while learning a new system. The guy looked fine and is only going to get more comfy.

As of now, I really like the pick up and he's addressing that huge hole in the lineup that we so sorely lacked.

MurphyDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJenga View Post
Yup analysis from one game is definitely more accurate than comments from Sharks fans who have been watching him for years now.
Well, we were talking about that game, so yeah. Did you watch it?

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
Well I know it's only two games, but Murray has brought exactly what this team has lacked.

He's cleared the crease a few times with ease, possibly saving goal on the PK. A simple shove has sent a few guys tumbling to the ice, something that we never saw before, save for Orpik a few times.

He's been a beast on the boards too, stopping cycles and hammering guys, which takes them out of the play. Players are a little more aware when he's on the ice, when compared to the other D the Pens have.

Is he slow? Yup, has he been caught out of position yet? Not horribly, heck he even lead a dump and chase in his first game and got back to play D. He went up against Winnipeg which has a lot of speed and I was quite worried, especially while learning a new system. The guy looked fine and is only going to get more comfy.

As of now, I really like the pick up and he's addressing that huge hole in the lineup that we so sorely lacked.
Glad to hear. Always like if trades turn out well for both sides.

Hopefully, both our picks turn into decent players down the road.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote