HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Scouts from Carolina, San Jose, Dallas, and Tampa Bay at the game tonight. Tampa is the one who we really haven't had anything linked to us. Carolina most likely will be looking at defense of both teams.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:17 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
From a financial perspective, he has several million reasons not to waive. His decision to waive will have to be tied to whether he wants values his opportunity to win a Cup more than he values the money + his proximity to his family.
i don't see the $ issue. Odds are he will get amnestied by Flyers or any team that doesn't value the cap circumvention of his contract.

Example, if he goes ton BOS it would be for 2 mos cup run then he would likely be amnestied which would allow him to find another team on the east coast to stay close to his family.

Didn't he play in Germany during the school year?

Old
03-28-2013, 04:19 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
From a financial perspective, he has several million reasons not to waive. His decision to waive will have to be tied to whether he wants values his opportunity to win a Cup more than he values the money + his proximity to his family.
What money would he be missing out on by waiving? Maybe it was mentioned earlier but I don't know of any money that he would be forfeiting by waiving his NTC.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
i don't see the $ issue. Odds are he will get amnestied by Flyers or any team that doesn't value the cap circumvention of his contract.

Example, if he goes ton BOS it would be for 2 mos cup run then he would likely be amnestied which would allow him to find another team on the east coast to stay close to his family.

Didn't he play in Germany during the school year?
Exactly. People are really overestimating the divorce aspect. I'm not saying he will waive, but I don't think the divorce/kids aspect is going to come into play as much as people are thinking.

Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone know for a fact that players that are traded can be bought out? I haven't read anything saying they can be, but I also haven't read anything saying they can't.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Scouts from Carolina, San Jose, Dallas, and Tampa Bay at the game tonight. Tampa is the one who we really haven't had anything linked to us. Carolina most likely will be looking at defense of both teams.
Not sure why we would want to still make deals with Yzerman..all he does is unload his medical waste on us...

Old
03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Not sure why we would want to still make deals with Yzerman..all he does is unload his medical waste on us...
Clearly a big deal involving Stamkos

Also now add Winny and Detroit to that list

So now we Have Winnipeg, Detroit, Carolina, San Jose, Tampa Bay, and Dallas.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
What money would he be missing out on by waiving? Maybe it was mentioned earlier but I don't know of any money that he would be forfeiting by waiving his NTC.
Thought process is that by not waiving his NTC, Briere is going to be bought out and receive the rest (I think) of the money due to him on this contract while also signing another contract with a new team. From a purely financial standpoint, it doesn't make sense for Briere to waive.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Here, he is likely to be amnestied because of his cap hit, so he gets money plus the ability to negotiate a new deal for more in raw dollars.

With him only making a combined 5 million over the next 2 seasons, he stands to make more money from being bought out. If he waives, he goes to a team that might not be buying him out or could be looking to trade him to yet a third team (since he will have already waived his NMC).

Old
03-28-2013, 04:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

I'm sure Seravelli still has that story about the Flyers acquiring Stamkos saved in his computer.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

Flyers also have scouts at their game tonight against Toronto.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Thought process is that by not waiving his NTC, Briere is going to be bought out and receive the rest (I think) of the money due to him on this contract while also signing another contract with a new team. From a purely financial standpoint, it doesn't make sense for Briere to waive.
Quote:
Here, he is likely to be amnestied because of his cap hit, so he gets money plus the ability to negotiate a new deal for more in raw dollars.

With him only making a combined 5 million over the next 2 seasons, he stands to make more money from being bought out. If he waives, he goes to a team that might not be buying him out or could be looking to trade him to yet a third team (since he will have already waived his NMC).
Ok that makes sense, I suppose. Just as likely he a) gets bought out by another team or b) not bought out here.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
lancer247

Quote:

do you really think he can get a deal that earns more then $5M over the next 2 seaons at this pt?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Prongo
Beer

Per Bob Mckenzie Ed Snider went with Homer up to Toronto to pitch the Flyers to Dekeyser. Hopefully he made a great impression. Also shows you how much the brass thinks of him.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:03 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Per Bob Mackenzie Ed Snider went with Homer up to Toronto to pitch the Flyers to Dekeyser. Hopefully he made a great impression. Also shows you how much the brass thinks of him.
And how much we need him considering our injuries.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
RussianRocket10

I really want DeKeyser on this team but I still think he picks Detroit.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
do you really think he can get a deal that earns more then $5M over the next 2 seaons at this pt?
Even if could only get 2 years, $4 million you have to add that to the $3.3m he will be getting from being bought out.

And yes, a healthy Briere could easily get a two year deal from more than one team.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Per Bob Mackenzie Ed Snider went with Homer up to Toronto to pitch the Flyers to Dekeyser. Hopefully he made a great impression. Also shows you how much the brass thinks of him.
Eh. Everyone sends their big wigs nowadays. Ed's got nothing better to do. It's not as big of a deal as it looks.

However, one selling point is that DeKeyser can burn an ELC year and likely get good minutes right away if he signs here. The Flyers depth on defense is so awful that they can almost guarantee that he won't have to play in the AHL at all.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Eh. Everyone sends their big wigs nowadays. Ed's got nothing better to do. It's not as big of a deal as it looks.

However, one selling point is that DeKeyser can burn an ELC year and likely get good minutes right away if he signs here. The Flyers depth on defense is so awful that they can almost guarantee that he won't have to play in the AHL at all.
Is he good enough to step onto the NHL ice and not be the same or worse than the bottom 3-5 players on this bad blueline? I know it's not asking much but he is young.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Is he good enough to step onto the NHL ice and not be the same or worse than the bottom 3-5 players on this bad blueline? I know it's not asking much but he is young.
I have faith that he would play over Foster. These top college UFAs though is like a second recruiting process. They get a lot of promises made. If the Flyers aren't willing to give him a spot on the NHL roster right now, they may as well not even bother.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Jtown

Is dekyser a PMD type d man or what?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:48 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Is dekyser a PMD type d man or what?
he is a solid 2 way dman. i don't know about his passing but he is a really good skater and has a really good shot.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Jtown

Quote:
he is a solid 2 way dman. i don't know about his passing but he is a really good skater and has a really good shot.
Sounds like he is already our best dman.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:55 PM
lancer247

i would love to get Dekeyser and Flynn. Add them to a top 3 pick and the flyers farm system starts looking real good.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:01 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Who on earth would they be scouting? McCrossin?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:33 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I really want DeKeyser on this team but I still think he picks Detroit.
Much as Schultz chose EDM because he liked the youth and the fact that they're building a team that should be able to contend for quite a while once everyone hits their primes, I could see Dekeyser liking the Flyers' young core and the fact that he would be a big addition here.

Detroit was a great team years ago, is pretty good right now, but they're going to need a rebuild soon IMO... especially if Datsyuk decides he's done after next yr.

Closed Thread