HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 11:44 AM
CerebralGenesis

vCash: 500
Severson is my favorite Devil out of the draft last year.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:46 AM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
i miss zelepukin
a little size, a little speed, good hands, good defensively, good on the forecheck.

Prototypical uberDevil. I think this is what Lou shops for.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Marshal Rochambeau
USS Freedom Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billingtons ghost View Post
a little size, a little speed, good hands, good defensively, good on the forecheck.

We need players like Jiri Tlusty and Troy Brouwer.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:

And there's always a good reason to watch this. Suck it, Rosen and JD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdIbibzVeQ

Old
03-27-2013, 12:20 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
And there's always a good reason to watch this. Suck it, Rosen and JD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdIbibzVeQ
and watching this, you can see exactly how BADLY the refs were calling things for the Rangers. Expect a whistle? On what? They got the benefit of the doubt on everything throughout that series - so much so that Richter actually expects a whistle on that play.

GREAT pass by Claudie.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:35 PM
NJDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
True but WSH and CAR probably are not trading with us and probably want to keep them.

After looking at the options on capgeek. I like the idea of Jagr and Hejduk. Because of they're age i think we could afford this. I don;t really see Hedjuk leaving now, Jagr seems like a real possibility, but because Dallas is borderline any movement on him will come down to the day of the deadline I imagine.

Other than that I didn't recognize anything realistic. Shame! I definitely want Jagr, i would get his jersey even for only 5 games lol.

Prospects?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
Is this team not loaded with those types of players? They're just younger versions of everyone on this team, and we're likely to end up drafting a bunch of those in the future. No reason to buy high on guys like that when we can get guys like D'agostini (who is probably pretty similar to Brouwer) and Loktionov for dirt.

Besides, Brouwer threw one of his teammates under the bus and that's a mortal sin in Lou's eyes.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM
NJDEVIL

rumblings on the trade board, PHX may be unloading. Is a Sullivan return to NJ in the cards?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:17 PM
LarssonIsBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Severson is my favorite Devil out of the draft last year.
Absolutely. This kid is going to be special. To put into perspective let's compare him to Seth Jones who many project to go first overall this year.

Seth Jones, Born 10/3/94
61 games, 14 goals, 42 assists, 56 points and +46

Damon Severson, Born 8/7/94
71 games, 10 goals, 42 assists, 52 points and +43

Take note that Severson is only 2 months older than the projected 1st overall pick this year.
Point totals and plus/minus is comparable...Jones did play in 10 fewer games but still.
This kid has me so damn excited. He has minute eating top pairing dman written all over him.

Seversons final 45 games he had 42 points and was +39

Last edited by LarssonIsBetter: 03-27-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
sullivans still alive? can we get older.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on making a big trade: "There is no question in my mind a splash usually upsets things. Adding pieces complements."

Old
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 47s
But Ilya Kovalchuk's shoulder injury hurts NJ offense. Lou: “Injuries always have an impact, but the good news is we will get players back."

Old
03-27-2013, 02:40 PM
CerebralGenesis

so nothing we will be doing will involve losing players it sounds. Urbom or another prospect could be in play still.

And it's easier to add depth pieces like last year than add core pieces like the top LW we need this year. Shame, maybe during UFA this year we can add instead of subtract.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on making a big trade: "There is no question in my mind a splash usually upsets things. Adding pieces complements."
What's that supposed to mean? Upsets what? Our 8 defensemen situation? Why do we NEED all of them still? Our weakness isn't defense, it's offense. Fayne has been sitting up in the box since the night Tallinder got injured. If Tallinder never gets injured then who knows? Larsson might be sitting too up there with him. If you remember Larsson was supposed to be a healthy scratch that night too, but was inserted back in because of Tallinder.

Why is Lou so dead set on this being a defensive minded team still?

Quote:
so nothing we will be doing will involve losing players it sounds. Urbom or another prospect could be in play still.

And it's easier to add depth pieces like last year than add core pieces like the top LW we need this year. Shame, maybe during UFA this year we can add instead of subtract.
Agreed. Sorry I just don't have any confidence in Lou shopping through UFA this Summer. Whether we retain all our guys or not. Unless you count a Bobby Butler type signing. If Clarkson leaves I can easily hear the younger player speech he gave for Parise's departure. I can see Tedenby 4.0 or Matteau being put right into his role. Times like the first 15 minutes of the other night really make me wonder. How can he think this 8 defensemen thing is working out for us? How does this team get worse by losing Tallinder? He's been out over half the games this season. God dammit one of our best defensemen has been scratched for 3 weeks now.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

Quote:

Go look at the UFA list and find someone aside from our own players you want to overpay for. It's a terrible UFA class.

If Lou adds any top 6 talent this summer I could only see it coming via trade either at or after the draft.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
What's that supposed to mean? Upsets what? Our 8 defensemen situation? Why do we NEED all of them still? Our weakness isn't defense, it's offense. Fayne has been sitting up in the box since the night Tallinder got injured. If Tallinder never gets injured then who knows? Larsson might be sitting too up there with him. If you remember Larsson was supposed to be a healthy scratch that night too, but was inserted back in because of Tallinder.

Upsets team chemistry. Look how long it took Kovalchuk to adjust here. Tough to bring a guy like him in and have him play in a system (especially ours) in such a short period of time.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Go look at the UFA list and find someone aside from our own players you want to overpay for. It's a terrible UFA class.

If Lou adds any top 6 talent this summer I could only see it coming via trade either at or after the draft.
Patty is one of the hottest upcoming UFA's. After last Summer I wouldn't put it past this crew to let him test the UFA market like Marty. Or better yet make Clarkson a priority because he's younger, and is more of the future. I don't know how anyone can defend Patty seeing the UFA market unless he truly wants to.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:

What players are going to be cut from their team at cheap rates to make the salary cap? I don't know, if you are saying you do then good for you. I meant UFA period, not necessarily through a free agent signing. Who knows what buyouts there will be as well.

If Lou keeps it status quo going into next year, we will still be lacking scoring so I'm hoping that isn't the case. I doubt he sits idly with so many dmen with such a deficiency anyway.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Cowbell232

Didn't Patty just have a child? I don't think he's going to want to test the UFA market like that...

03-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
What players are going to be cut from their team at cheap rates to make the salary cap? I don't know, if you are saying you do then good for you. I meant UFA period, not necessarily through a free agent signing. Who knows what buyouts there will be as well.

If Lou keeps it status quo going into next year, we will still be lacking scoring so I'm hoping that isn't the case. I doubt he sits idly with so many dmen with such a deficiency anyway.
I'm fine with whatever happens this year, but next year this team absolutely needs to be built better. It could be Marty's last year (It WILL be his last year if we miss the playoffs next year. I would wager on that) and it could be Lou's last year too possibly.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Didn't Patty just have a child? I don't think he's going to want to test the UFA market like that...
Last season, right? I think at this point he's a career Devil unless Lou seriously lowballs him which obviously won't happen

Old
03-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Last season, right? I think at this point he's a career Devil unless Lou seriously lowballs him which obviously won't happen
Sometime definitely within the last year or two.

Considering all he's given into this org, and the way Lou operates, and the fact that he's the one that's still here in the first place (not Sykora, Arnott, Langs, White, etc.) I have to assume he's almost certainly a Devil for the remainder of his career.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:

I think you're misreading the quote. Lou's not looking to ADD a big splash. Doesn't mean he won't try to deal with the defense issue - if the forward core is set in Lou's eyes, Albany still needs a lot of help as does the future of our forward core.

Quote:

Exactly. The UFA market is bone dry, but this summer is going to be ripe with movement.
There are at least a handful of young teams with a boatload of RFAs to sign that will have cap issues.
And there are currently an equal number of teams that are at/near/above next years cap - without taking extensions/raises/roster space into consideration.

That'll give Lou time to lock down the necessary UFAs/RFAs on this team and then make a few phone calls.

Quote:
Patty is one of the hottest upcoming UFA's. After last Summer I wouldn't put it past this crew to let him test the UFA market like Marty. Or better yet make Clarkson a priority because he's younger, and is more of the future. I don't know how anyone can defend Patty seeing the UFA market unless he truly wants to.
Marty wasn't going anywhere and neither is Elias.
It's not even worth worrying about, really.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
This is something the majority of fans often forget. How volatile and important chemistry is to a long term stability of a team.

Even if all the pieces aren't there for a run this year, Lou will not sacrifice next year, or the year after, etc. for this year. It's a balancing act choosing between short team need and long term plans. Lou is one of the best in the business at walking that tight rope.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
One thing I'm afraid of is when he gets to UFA he gets insane offers like more than what he makes now. Then he could ask us to match (Like Salvador did, he said just as much) rather than just giving him $5.5-$6 million before he gets there.

I really hate to say this cause I love Sal, but if there were an older player we decided to move on from (Like we did Sykora) it probably should have been him. We already had 7 defensemen signed for this year before we locked him up. Even if we hadn't re signed Harrold but re signed Sal we'd still have an NHL caliber defensemen like Fayne sitting if everyone was healthy.

Closed Thread