HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 08:50 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
The hockey gods do exist. Don't tempt them.
Story of my life, Saugus, you're falling on deaf ears here

Old
03-27-2013, 08:51 PM
hlaverty06

I know Ryan Whitney has been not so good this year but they could be after him too if they add Iggy and Whitney (upgrade over Krug/Johnson) I think they have a good bet at winning the cup

Old
03-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Story of my life, Saugus, you're falling on deaf ears here
Every other god I agree with you on.

I'm not superstitious, but I do think the unseen hand has a wickedly warped sense of humour.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:02 PM
SteveCangialosi123

The bruins are now the best team in the league by far.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:03 PM
NJDEVIL

welp, gonna be a lot of miserable angry, grumpy fans around the league when the Devils shutem down first round. They can't handle another fluke.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Devils1029

Not a deal that would help this year but I would love it would could offer up something to Anaheim to help them this year if we could pry away Team USA gold medal winning goaltender John Gibson. He could be ready to make some starts in 2 years when Marty retires and is going to be a very good goaltender. I would absolutely give up a roster player and a prospect (Urbom) or a a 3rd rounder. With Hiller and Fasth already ahead of him and with Anaheim making a push this year, I wonder if Lou could pull it off.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Sounds late Bouwmeester is also going to be moved to Det.

Full on Fire-Sale in CGY

Old
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
CerebralGenesis

took em long enough to do it.

I am gonna be pissed if Detroit gave a good trade back for Buow cause that coulda been Tallinder.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
CerebralGenesis

If Hedberg didn't **** the bed for a month we could be in the running for Iginla. God knows we could put together a package like Bartkowski and Koch and a 1st. jeesh

Old
03-27-2013, 11:31 PM
CoryForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

What a steal for Boston. 1st is supposedly conditional btw...

We can't compete with Boston or Pitts, there is just no way. Please don't trade away any more picks Lou.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:38 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post

We can't compete with Boston or Pitts, there is just no way. Please don't trade away any more picks Lou.
I really think we can with a healthy roster. I believe in our group, just get healthy!

Old
03-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Emperoreddy
Caped Baldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post

What? Come on Pitt's D still stinks and you can't count on MAF or Vokun...we can totally compete with Pitt if we get healthy. Boston is way better then them too. Gun to my head I'd take Boston in the East (I am not handing them a Cup though as all the teams out west are tough).

Boston is funny to me though. Even without Iggy they were so loaded they should of ran away with the East a month ago but they just keep on sort of floating. Trade might spark them but you never know. Might just be the Boston of last year again. Playoffs are funny like that.

On paper the Wale's is Boston's to lose...but we will see. Strange things happen in the playoffs (especially if Boston draws the Habs, those rival series just blow everything up)

Old
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Boston DID just blow more than one multiple goal lead tonight... They're not all they're cracked up to be. If they actually add Whitney, they'll be even worse. And I can bet you all there are Pittsburgh fans out there saying "please just not the Devils..." I'll reserve final judgments until we play our last few games against Boston, but this is real good Devils team and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in the playoffs.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Emperoreddy
Caped Baldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Boston DID just blow more than one multiple goal lead tonight... They're not all they're cracked up to be. If they actually add Whitney, they'll be even worse. And I can bet you all there are Pittsburgh fans out there saying "please just not the Devils..." I'll reserve final judgments until we play our last few games against Boston, but this is real good team and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in the playoffs.
I agree, if we can get healthy we can do damage, Lou has very quietly assembled a good roster when all 12 are playing. I do agree Pitt doesn't want us for the same reason the Flyers didn't want us last year...they just didn't know it yet.

Exactly what you said about Boston and that is why I can't figure them out. They shouldn't be blowing leads and playing like that but they do. Some mind boggling crap happened last year too. Team had a million games in hand and a stacked roster but are 4th in the East and not because the east is amazing either. Not saying they aren't REALLY good, but I am not writing them in yet.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:46 PM
apice3*

I remember a few weeks ago I mentioned inquring about Iginla and was laughed at because he was a Flames lifer.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:49 PM
apice3*

We have a winning record against Pitt and therefore can't compete against them.

But we can if Kovy plays LW!!!!

Old
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
took em long enough to do it.

I am gonna be pissed if Detroit gave a good trade back for Buow cause that coulda been Tallinder.
lol not really. One guy's a healthy PMD who plays 20+ a game, the other guy's not healthy, not a PMD and hasn't played consistently in over a year. And it wouldn't shock me if Calgary had to eat some salary/cap space and/or take back a contract from Detroit if there was such a deal.

I'm not sure Bouwmeester's actually getting traded anyway, it was probably just McKenzie thinking out loud on Twitter.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:53 PM
apice3*

I remember when JBo was really good

Old
03-27-2013, 11:56 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
If Hedberg didn't **** the bed for a month we could be in the running for Iginla. God knows we could put together a package like Bartkowski and Koch and a 1st. jeesh
Thank God Lou didnt.

I'm not sure why nobody seems to have noticed this, but if you pro-rate Iginla's stats, he's having the worst season of his entire career.

He's a ~36 year old forward and it's quite possible that it's beginning to show. Koch is a decent prospect, a 1st round draft pick is serious value, and Bartkowski......okay I've got nothing on that last bit, but still it's not chump change collectively.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
One good thing about San Jose starting to play better is that it's less likely Dan Boyle ends up on the Rangers.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:00 AM
apice3*

Dan Boyle wasn't going to the Rangers regardless.

A lot of people don't realize the Rangers really have nothing to trade, without moving holes around. Their 4 most tradeable assets are property of Columbus.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:01 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Thank God Lou didnt.

I'm not sure why nobody seems to have noticed this, but if you pro-rate Iginla's stats, he's having the worst season of his entire career.

He's a ~36 year old forward and it's quite possible that it's beginning to show. Koch is a decent prospect, a 1st round draft pick is serious value, and Bartkowski......okay I've got nothing on that last bit, but still it's not chump change collectively.
It's also possible it's starting to show that he's playing with a bunch of clueless knuckleheads and he's no longer good enough to rise above it (plus he had injury issues early in the year I think)...but put him on a team that can complement him and you might see a resurgence.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:05 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It's also possible it's starting to show that he's playing with a bunch of clueless knuckleheads and he's no longer good enough to rise above it (plus he had injury issues early in the year I think)...but put him on a team that can complement him and you might see a resurgence.
Yes, that too is a possibility, though I'd be wary.

I also wouldnt take for granted that what's leaking through the grapevine is "official" until it's official. This late-night speculation crap is often wrong unless a GM etc... makes a statement.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 AM
apice3*

Yeah you can read in every Flames thread that Iginla looks beyond disinterested.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:13 AM
DangleSnipeCelly
Formerly KupsforKovy

Dreger said on NHL network last night that Edmonton might be shopping Hemsky. Wouldnt mind us going after him. Plus he has a year left on his contract so it wont be a rental. With Kovy out and us in a tight race for the play offs, His random offense could help us fill a temporary void and even add to our full on roster dept when we are healthy.

Closed Thread