HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:16 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by KupsforKovy View Post
Dreger said on NHL network last night that Edmonton might be shopping Hemsky. Wouldnt mind us going after him. Plus he has a year left on his contract so it wont be a rental. With Kovy out and us in a tight race for the play offs, His random offense could help us fill a temporary void and even add to our full on roster dept when we are healthy.
See now that's a more realistic destination/deal for Tallinder, although we'd probably have to add something else.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Yeah you can read in every Flames thread that Iginla looks beyond disinterested.
Having followed the team this year, I can attest to that. But he was probably just cruising until Feaster found a new team for him. Iggy's going to go on a tear on that stacked Bruins team.

****, I wish he wanted to come here

Old
03-28-2013, 01:18 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
Having followed the team this year, I can attest to that. But he was probably just cruising until Feaster found a new team for him. Iggy's going to go on a tear on that stacked Bruins team.

****, I wish he wanted to come here
Randy Johnson syndrome? I remember the one year Unit had like a 4+ ERA in Seattle sulking around, then he gets traded to Houston and goes instantly back to dominating

Old
03-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Ponikarovsky/Tallinder/Fayne could be traded if NJ can get a good forward in return. Probably not happening though, personally, I think Lou is done.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Flames just announced IGGY TO PITTSBURGH..NOT BOSTON...WOW!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

LOL at Calgary.

One player is a New Jersey kid who played at Delbarton,now at Yale.

Feaster is a clown.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:47 AM
JMarce

Can Lou send some of our turds to Calgary for a top 6 winger too?

Old
03-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Ponikarovsky/Tallinder/Fayne could be traded if NJ can get a good forward in return. Probably not happening though, personally, I think Lou is done.
I could see him doing something else (This team needs it and the worst we could do is delete $3.375 on Tallinder for next year) luckily we got 3 games against bad opponents. Tampa Bay, Florida (Yay I'll be at both!), and the Fishcakes. All teams with notoriously bad defense. One team will have the debut of a new head coach and the other is half an AHL team due to a depleted roster. If we score a bunch of goals on those teams it really doesn't say a whole lot.

If we miss the playoffs and are still left with all those defensemen then I consider this a failure, and not a success to keep them all. At the same time we're not in good enough position to just get a rental right now. It would be a waste.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:14 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I think all of us underestimated how tough the Parise loss was. Its going to take several years for this roster to get that offense back, and it may happen through the draft as opposed to via a big trade. Lou just isn't into that (Mogilny/Kovalchuk aside), and the big name players usually go to the big name markets anyways.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
I think all of us underestimated how tough the Parise loss was. Its going to take several years for this roster to get that offense back, and it may happen through the draft as opposed to via a big trade. Lou just isn't into that (Mogilny/Kovalchuk aside), and the big name players usually go to the big name markets anyways.
Is Nathan Horton still available on the UFA market this year? Pete had him in Florida. The Bruins will be cap strapped (Maybe not as bad now since they didn't get Iginla and won't be re signing him) He's gotta do better than this. Hopefully if this team misses the playoffs or gets bounced in the first round he gives us something better next year. At least a forward corps that can sustain an injury up front. He's usually been adamant about that in the past when we'd get bounced in the first round. If we miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first again hopefully he'll do it.

And please no more 8 defensemen EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I think it was Bleed or someone else that actually said Lou didn't bother to make an offer cause he knew his wasn't going to match the Habs' deal and he told Brian he'd be nuts to pass on their contract.
I'm not sure if Lou told Brian he'd be nuts to pass on that contract. I do know he was willing to accept much less than that $5 million he got from the Habs up there. Like $3.5-$4 million a year or so. He was making $4 million on his last contract with us which was signed as an RFA after his 48 goal season. If memory serves me right I think he even took a piss on Philly's offer sheet too cause remember he came to camp in 06 without a contract. Someone here who knows Brian confirmed this as well that he wanted to stay. I remember a blog TG put out probably our first game against him with the Habs that next season. He said it was hard to leave and that his kids wore a Habs jersey one period and a Devils jersey the next. He also said back in July 09 when he left it was hard, and he wanted to stay.

Brian Rafalski I saw him brought up. Apparently he wanted to stay too and for much less than that absurd $6 million he took to go to Detroit. He just wanted a slight raise of $4.5 million a year up from his $4 million he had made the two years previous. Lou said he would re sign him for $4 million again I think. Rafalski felt lowballed and took a monster contract from Detroit that he retired on a year before it expired. He was only 34 when he signed it though unlike 35 year old Rolston we signed the next year. Rafalski also had 57 points or something in 06/07. That was on a pretty weak team offensively. Since he left we may as well have had 3 Dano's and 3 Colin White's playing defense cause our defense has been pretty dry at scoring between the time he left until we got Zidlicky.

Last edited by Semak: 03-28-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

That has to be a lie. If they were willing to accept lower contracts, and they still left after Lou gave them that, what did Lou actually offer them?

Old
03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I'd almost rather this Iginla to Boston trade get over with, god help us if that fell through and he went to the Pens or Rangers somehow.
**** me for calling it earlier last night

I thought this was a done deal by midnight though, why on earth would all the Boston stuff be leaked WITHOUT ASKING IGINLA FIRST?!

Old
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Not really. It's just that those of us who knew it would be a serious blow were brushed aside or ignored.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:56 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Should we just rename deadline day 'Penguin shopping spree'?

Old
03-28-2013, 07:57 AM
battlingBard56

Meh nevermind. -_-

Last edited by battlingBard56: 03-28-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

Lou should be looking at Buffalo for the big trade.

Send Tallinder, Fayne & Tedenby for Regehr & Leopold.

Tallinder can help out his old friend Myers. Fayne (IMO) is highly overrated, but many see him as a top playing defenseman & Tedenby will never crack the Devils line up.

These rentals could help us down the stretch.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

We don't need defensemen. We need (a) forward(s). It's very obvious.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post

Tallinder can help out his old friend Myers. Fayne (IMO) is highly overrated, but many see him as a top playing defenseman & Tedenby will never crack the Devils line up.

Fayne better than both Regher and Leopold combined by a pretty fair margin.

Jordan Leopold has been one of the worst defenseman in the NHL this season, Peter Harrold is a clear upgrade. And Regher is just a slower version of Salvador.

Neither of them would make our top-6, not to mention Buffalo already has two flashy midgets in their lineup already. The difference is that Ennis and Gerbe actually get points.

Buffalo and NJ are terrible trading partners.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
CerebralGenesis

wtf?

We want to trade for Regehr and Leopold? What planet am I on?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
So we are sending Tallinder/ Fayne/ tedenby to buff for two dmen who will get healthy scratched?

Last edited by Semak: 03-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

We need an upgrade at left wing specifically.

Edit: Actually, we could use an UPGRADE at defense, someone who can eat minutes. Nick Schultz, Mark Giordano, Joni Pitkanen, Brian Campbell.

Package two defenseman plus a draft pick for one in an ideal scenario.

Last edited by Seto: 03-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post

Really?

Tallinder and Fayne are better than Regehr and Leopold.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
We need an upgrade at left wing specifically.

Edit: Actually, we could use an UPGRADE at defense, someone who can eat minutes. Nick Schultz, Mark Giordano, Joni Pitkanen, Brian Campbell.

Package two defenseman plus a draft pick for one in an ideal scenario.
Pass on pretty much all of them. Our defense is fine. It just went to the friggin Cup finals last year. THe difference this year? Less offensive cycling = more time pinned in our zone. That's not the defense's fault. If we upgrade at forward, the defense benefits.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Pass on pretty much all of them. Our defense is fine. It just went to the friggin Cup finals last year. THe difference this year? Less offensive cycling = more time pinned in our zone. That's not the defense's fault. If we upgrade at forward, the defense benefits.
I really hate the "we went to the cup finals last year, so everything is perfect" argument.

I hope we realise that certain players played wayyyy over their heads during our cup run and the odds of them repeating those same exploits are slim to none and the first name that comes to mind is Bryce Salvador.

I'm not saying that we should shuffle the entire deck but counting on past performances to justify our current core isn't the best of ideas IMO.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Devs4L

Our defense has depth and is solid, but making it like it can't be made better is overvaluing it. The top scoring team in the league just traded for two very good top 9 forwards. If you can make a deal that makes sense and make an area of your team better you do it.

There are tradable parts among our 8 d-men that COULD be used to bring in a better d-man. Fayne is one of those pieces. Not saying we should be actively shopping him. I actually like Fayne a lot. But he's by no means untouchable.

Closed Thread