HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs eyeing Kipper? (Kypreos: Kiprusoff will not report if traded, Post #316)

Old
03-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Since the debate is what Kipper has left, why not make a deal that is Scrivens + a conditional pick and have the conditions based on wins, or percentage of games won. Make the pick anywhere from a 1st to 4th
I don't think Nonis will be trading his 1st rounder and he shouldn't anyway. The goalie market is thin and Toronto isn't desperate to add one anyway. Kipper would be a nice luxury to have as a veteran goalie mentoring Reims.

Matt Finn is a very nice, promising prospect who projects as a top 4 D-man and won't be too long before he's ready.

I believe in good hockey trades. Kipper's track record in the past has at least warranted a former 2nd rounder with a bright future.

03-26-2013, 03:01 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

I believe Kipper could garnish strong value and considering that the flames need prospects, why not give them

To Leafs: Kipper

To CGY: Ross, Finn and a 2nd?

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
I believe Kipper could garnish strong value and considering that the flames need prospects, why not give them

To Leafs: Kipper

To CGY: Ross, Finn and a 2nd?
More than fair. I think a second and a B/C level prospect should be the asking price. Feaster will ask for too much and not get it as per usual though.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:31 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Okay, so, according to you, no matter the impact, if the pens win the cup its a genius move? Right. The Leafs dealt Kaberle to Boston the year they won the cup and he was terrible. So that makes it worth it? Giving up assets in a lateral move where you win anyway...brilliant. You want the Leafs to pay up where they're in no position to win a cup? For an aging goalie on the decline in a market where very few goalies need goaltending? Genius
Burkie is that you? Kings were in 8th seed last year, look what they did. If you make the playoffs you're in a position to win the Cup. Currently the Leafs have a playoff position and it doesnt look like they will get bumped with the current separation and shortened season. If Kipper cost Scrivens + 2nd or even Finn, Biggs + 2nd, or somewhere thereabouts similar, why the heck wouldnt they do it?

Just like moving pieces such as MacA, Bozak or Grabo to upgrade at a position wouldnt be terrible either. Even as a contending team you can always tinker.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:43 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Someone is bitter they came to Alberta to make a fortune and isn't seeing the green.
not bitter at all I make more then enough $$$$$$ but I can't help what I see.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:54 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Dwayne Roloson got a 1st.
in 2006 this is 2013 ZERO connection

Old
03-26-2013, 04:16 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

I just want to break down a few things here to justify my own trade and trades before. Feel free to correlate it to the possibilities of a Kipper trade.

-Given the great depth this draft has, it is highly unlikely we see first rounders being moved as often as we usually do. (There will be NO Gaustad for a first type deals)

- Due to this "trade freeze" upon first rounders and the absurd value they have. Teams will likely trade an abundance of second round and third round picks to obtain the roster player they need (Murray trade)

- Teams will also trade from a position of strength in the ways of their prospect pool. Pens traded Joe Morrow to receive a gritty PWF winger that they need. Pens have a strong defensive prospect pool and were able to make that sacrifice without negating their farm team too hard.

- Considering these factors as WELL as Calgary's biggest need for prospects and picks. Kipper to the Leafs (IMO) Would garnish the value which I stated above but will re-state:

Finn, Ross, 2nd.

Feel free to pick this apart and tear it a new one or agree with it. This is just how I have tried to respectfully annotate both teams situations given the last few trades made.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:09 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Makes more sense than the Luongo rumors.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:15 AM
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Makes more sense than the Luongo rumors.
No chance. I would much rather pay the extra it would take to get Bobby than what Calgary will want for Kipper. Reimer was excellent against Boston and I would rather keep every pick/prospect we can unless it's a sure fire, long term upgrade over what we have, and that counts for every position.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
Well it's a good thing I'm not suggesting that.

It remains to be seen whether Kipper's best years are behind him, and you can argue that he's getting better all you want, who knows. We shall see. I just feel as though what you might end up getting for Kipper will be less than what you think.

And if you keep him, you guys are happy to do that, so everyone wins. I, personally, as a Leaf fan, have very little interest based on the price demanded in this thread.
Agreed, if Flames fans think they are going to garner 1st + or an overpayment, they are in for a big disappointment.

And also, I wouldn't deal Matt Finn for Kipper, Finn is valued quite high by us and rightfully so, he could have easily ended up a 1st rounder( anywhere in 15-25th range) and people wouldn't have been surprised. Since being drafted, he has continued to progress, he was Putting up good numbers and played a solid all-around until his injury couple of weeks ago. The only negative side with him are his injuries.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:23 AM
showtime8

Quote:
I just want to break down a few things here to justify my own trade and trades before. Feel free to correlate it to the possibilities of a Kipper trade.

-Given the great depth this draft has, it is highly unlikely we see first rounders being moved as often as we usually do. (There will be NO Gaustad for a first type deals)

- Due to this "trade freeze" upon first rounders and the absurd value they have. Teams will likely trade an abundance of second round and third round picks to obtain the roster player they need (Murray trade)

- Teams will also trade from a position of strength in the ways of their prospect pool. Pens traded Joe Morrow to receive a gritty PWF winger that they need. Pens have a strong defensive prospect pool and were able to make that sacrifice without negating their farm team too hard.

- Considering these factors as WELL as Calgary's biggest need for prospects and picks. Kipper to the Leafs (IMO) Would garnish the value which I stated above but will re-state:

Finn, Ross, 2nd.

Feel free to pick this apart and tear it a new one or agree with it. This is just how I have tried to respectfully annotate both teams situations given the last few trades made.
I think value wise, the trade is fairly close.

The biggest issue will come from Calgary's end and how they deem to want to do a complete rebuild or more of a restocking. If they want to go with the restocking, then this trade is good. If they are hoping for players that are closer to the NHL, then they might be asking for a player like Gardiner, Holzer, etc.

Pretty good offer though.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:55 AM
palindrom

Toronto should close their eyes. There is nothing to see about Kirpusoff.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Toronto should close their eyes. There is nothing to see about Kirpusoff.
What's the reasoning though?

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:01 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
What's the reasoning though?
Reasoning? I am trying to, but that's a step beyond my abilities.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:25 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Reasoning? I am trying to, but that's a step beyond my abilities.
There is a ton to see. Guy on a very short contract who can still stand on his head given his age? I'll toss a prospect and a pick Calgarys way and speed up their rebuild and sure fire us into the playoffs without massively overpaying the canucks for their cap troubles.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:11 PM
DougGilmour93

No to trading Finn.

Blacker yes, Percy maybe, but no to Finn.

Scrivens
Colborne/Ashton
Blacker/Percy

Add in a 2nd if need be. Kipper, atho struggling, is an elite goalie.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

Finn, Ross, 2nd.

Maybe.... There's also though, a belief that after the first 5 or so picks, there's a drop off. Then again a drop after 15. Some teams might believe the players on their board between 20-50 are very similar. Hence, they'd be more willing to dump a first knowing (or at least thinking) they'll get the same fit at 48.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:36 PM
HOCKEYGOON

Why are the Leafs going after a guy with a sizeable cap hit and is being outplayed by Reimer?

I don't see the motive?

HOCKEYGOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:38 PM
TOGuy14

Why would Toronto give up any quality assets for a goalie who is performing significantly worse than both of our current goalies and is much older?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
sommervr

We will send Bozak's hair and a future on Komorov's beard

sommervr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Feel The Heat

vCash: 492
Kipper is not being shopped nor will he be traded.
Kipper will retire rather than leave Calgary.

End Of Thread.

Feel The Heat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKEYGOON View Post
Why are the Leafs going after a guy with a sizeable cap hit and is being outplayed by Reimer?

I don't see the motive?
Of course not because you like everone else against look at a few bad games and ignore the big picture which is his entire body of work

Old
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
No to trading Finn.

Blacker yes, Percy maybe, but no to Finn.

Scrivens
Colborne/Ashton
Blacker/Percy

Add in a 2nd if need be. Kipper, atho struggling, is an elite goalie.
I think this is actually a really good offer, but maybe im more high on Scrivens then most.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:29 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

I certainly have my fingers crossed we stay away. 36 years old , horrible numbers this season and a high cap hit. I'm sure there's still a market but I don't think he's fits the bill for Nonis. Plus, why fix something that's not broken. We have two goaltenders that are playing well , a winning team and a bright future.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I certainly have my fingers crossed we stay away. 36 years old , horrible numbers this season and a high cap hit. I'm sure there's still a market but I don't think he's fits the bill for Nonis. Plus, why fix something that's not broken. We have two goaltenders that are playing well , a winning team and a bright future.
It's not even the horrible numbers. He's actually looked really bad a lot this year. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the lockout and the injury but he just doesnt look remotely the same.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote