HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs eyeing Kipper? (Kypreos: Kiprusoff will not report if traded, Post #316)

Old
03-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Care to explain "bad"? and not in the context of an underperforming Flames team?
He's been bad this year. No question about it. That said, he was excellent last year. Great numbers on a poor team. I guess value depends on which one you think is reality. I honestly think it's somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM
topchowda

I dont undestand why they would trade Scrivens. Scrivens has been an equal, if not better goalie this year. I realize Kipper has a much better track record, but how long will he be a good back up behind Reimer, 2 years? And whats to say an aging goalie ever gets bakc to his former play. Scrivens could be a good back up for 4-5+

It would be Kipper for a prospect like Colbourne and a pick (2nd or 3rd)

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Raging Bull

What are the Flames looking for in terms of prospects, forwards or defensemen?

The Leafs 2nd should be a decent pick, but I wouldn't be upset if Nonis moved it because I'm sure he'll be receiving some picks at the deadline too.

Jerry D'Amigo, 2012 2nd, and a conditional pick based on how the Leafs fare in the playoffs? D'Amigo is a good young player, I think he has a better chance of being an NHLer than Ashton.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I dont undestand why they would trade Scrivens. Scrivens has been an equal, if not better goalie this year. I realize Kipper has a much better track record, but how long will he be a good back up behind Reimer, 2 years? And whats to say an aging goalie ever gets bakc to his former play. Scrivens could be a good back up for 4-5+

It would be Kipper for a prospect like Colbourne and a pick (2nd or 3rd)
I'd be fine with that trade.

But Kipper wouldn't back up Reimer. It would be the other way around unless his play this year is indicative of his play going forward, in which case he's done.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post

But Kipper wouldn't back up Reimer. It would be the other way around unless his play this year is indicative of his play going forward, in which case he's done.
It would make my year to see Kipper get traded to Toronto and not report lol. Not saying he will, but I would laugh for days.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post

The Leafs 2nd should be a decent pick, but I wouldn't be upset if Nonis moved it because I'm sure he'll be receiving some picks at the deadline too.

Jerry D'Amigo, 2012 2nd, and a conditional pick based on how the Leafs fare in the playoffs? D'Amigo is a good young player, I think he has a better chance of being an NHLer than Ashton.
We have strength in terms of young (18-20) goaltenders. We could use one in the 22-26 age range.

We have small skilled wingers coming up in Bartschi and Gaudreau. We could use some with size.

We have no notable defense prospects at all right now.

We have a hope and a prayer in Janko up the middle, but he's far from a sure thing. Basically, we can use everything except small, skilled wingers and young goalies.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
It would make my year to see Kipper get traded to Toronto and not report lol. Not saying he will, but I would laugh for days.
So many people hate the Leafs. I save my hatred for the Canucks and Oilers.... Haha.

Old
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Quote:

Id be happy if Blacker/Finn was the primary piece coming back but I'm likely alone in that regard haha and I think the leafs 2nd coming back is better than a secondary prospect as well.

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
showtime8

Last offseason the Leafs were trying hard to justify why bringing in Martin Brodeur was a good idea. And of course, the perennial all-star and maybe the best goaltender of all time would have been a smart move. But lets look at the stats here:

Kiprusoff - 35 years old, .921 save %, 2.35 goals against average and 4 shutouts on a 9th place Calgary team.

Brodeur - 39 years old, .908 save %, 2.41 goals against average and 3 shutouts on a 6th place Jersey team.

Now in no way am I trying to compare the careers of both of these tenders because its not even close. But if you are going to complain that Kipper is too old and blah blah blah, be sure to throw Brodeur under that same bus. And I'm certain it if you asked a majority of Leaf fans, they would welcome Brodeur with open arms and wouldn't say a thing about the age.

Kiprusoff has struggled this year coming off injuries and the players infront of him aren't really helping, but he is exactly what the Leafs need. The veteran influence will be there for Reimer and if the Flames can take any salary back, this is a big help for the Leafs.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:47 PM
topchowda

Quote:

I think this year Reimer and Kipper would battle it out. Reimer has posted good numbers and Kipper hasnt posted as well of #s but playing better last game or 2

Old
03-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Id be happy if Blacker/Finn was the primary piece coming back but I'm likely alone in that regard haha and I think the leafs 2nd coming back is better than a secondary prospect as well.
I don't think Nonis would have a problem with Blacker, our 2nd, and a conditional pick. Say a 4th that could become a 3rd or 2nd (next year) depending on how well they did in the playoffs. Even then, seeing what Murray went for, that seems kind of low.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I think this year Reimer and Kipper would battle it out. Reimer has posted good numbers and Kipper hasnt posted as well of #s but playing better last game or 2
You can make a case for it based on this year's numbers for sure, but I'd still be more confident with Kipper than Reimer. Kipper has backstopped a team to game 7 of SCF. Reimer has never played a playoff game, that's not his fault, but it is a fact.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
I don't think Nonis would have a problem with Blacker, our 2nd, and a conditional pick. Say a 4th that could become a 3rd or 2nd (next year) depending on how well they did in the playoffs. Even then, seeing what Murray went for, that seems kind of low.
Any B level prospect and a 2nd provides a solid framework for a deal IMO. I don't know if Feaster sees it the same way or not, but I hope so because I don't think a prospect and a 1st is happening.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
topchowda

Quote:
You can make a case for it based on this year's numbers for sure, but I'd still be more confident with Kipper than Reimer. Kipper has backstopped a team to game 7 of SCF. Reimer has never played a playoff game, that's not his fault, but it is a fact.
True but that was 04, almost 10 years ago. Current play>past performances when it comes to picking a goalie for the next 20 games

Old
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Do you REALLY think Toronto makes the deal if they aren't 100% sure he's willing to sign an extension and be our guy? and why wouldn't he? this team is on the rise

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
caley

per Nick Kypreos,

Quote:
Sources saying Kiprusoff has told the #Flames management if they trade his rights he will not report sighting family reasons. #TradeTracker
Big blow to Calgary if they were counting on dealing him. Also lends credence to the rumors of Kipper retiring/returning to Finland rather then finish last year of deal rumors.

03-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Matt Damon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
per Nick Kypreos,

Big blow to Calgary if they were counting on dealing him. Also lends credence to the rumors of Kipper retiring/returning to Finland rather then finish last year of deal rumors.
Hmm, too bad for Flames fans that they can't get assets for him, but hard to fault a guy for doing what's best for his family.

Matt Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
per Nick Kypreos,

Well that ends that then.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:55 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
We have strength in terms of young (18-20) goaltenders. We could use one in the 22-26 age range.

We have small skilled wingers coming up in Bartschi and Gaudreau. We could use some with size.

We have no notable defense prospects at all right now.

We have a hope and a prayer in Janko up the middle, but he's far from a sure thing. Basically, we can use everything except small, skilled wingers and young goalies.
Sounds Like Frattin, Scrivens and Finn

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:57 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
per Nick Kypreos,

Kyper is 50/50 sometimes he's solid others he's dead wrong. I want to hear Lebrun, Dreger or BOBBY Mack report it before I buy it 100%

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Kyper is 50/50 sometimes he's solid others he's dead wrong. I want to hear Lebrun, Dreger or BOBBY Mack report it before I buy it 100%
Kipper's got a new baby and could still be feeling the effects of that knee injury from earlier in the season. This is a tweet that seems to have some solid ground beneath it.

But yeah, it would be nice to hear from B.M. and Dreger on this.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
nik-

As a Flames fan, this wouldn't be a shock. There were always feelings that the last year would never be played and he'd just retire. Considering his wife just had a baby, I'm fine with it. He's earned the right to do what he wants as far as I'm concerned.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
neither Smith, Rask, Schneideror Halak are better then him. I like all 4 guys but be realistic Kiprusoff is better then all 4 and 1 bad year doesn't change that fact
Rask and Schneider are. I could see a case for choosing him over the other two though.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlueSince1972 View Post
Done.
Yay... let's give up one of our top prospects for a goalie that is no better than what we have!

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Wrong ****ing thread!!!

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote