HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 03:51 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Doesn't sound like Lashoff is going anywhere.
If somebody wants Lashoff, Holland will be packing his bags for him. He didn't sign Lashoff because he thinks he's the next Brad Stuart. He signed him because he realized he could get a 6-8 defenseman who can improve for the price of a 6-8 defenseman who isn't going to.

In the interim, teams will take a chance on Lashoff because he's young, big, gritty and is signed to a pittance of a contract for the next 3 years. Holland's signing of Lashoff was nothing more than turning an AHL nobody into an NHL asset.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
If somebody wants Lashoff, Holland will be packing his bags for him. He didn't sign Lashoff because he thinks he's the next Brad Stuart. He signed him because he realized he could get a 6-8 defenseman who can improve for the price of a 6-8 defenseman who isn't going to.

In the interim, teams will take a chance on Lashoff because he's young, big, gritty and is signed to a pittance of a contract for the next 3 years. Holland's signing of Lashoff was nothing more than turning an AHL nobody into an NHL asset.
That's a big IF.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
That's a big IF.
I don't mean Lashoff alone, but I could see some teams asking for him as part of a throw-in if a bigger trade were to be had.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:55 PM
cupforwings09

From the Detroit freepress article:

Gustav Nyquist has at least a 10-year career NHL career ahead of him. So does prospect Riley Sheahan. The Wings don't want to relinquish those guys.

This makes me think if there is a trade this week, Tatar is likely gone. I don't think the organization is high on him. But it appears Nyquist and Sheahan will be a big part of the wings future, which is good.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Frk It
Thanks for Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post

Gustav Nyquist has at least a 10-year career NHL career ahead of him. So does prospect Riley Sheahan. The Wings don't want to relinquish those guys.

This makes me think if there is a trade this week, Tatar is likely gone. I don't think the organization is high on him. But it appears Nyquist and Sheahan will be a big part of the wings future, which is good.
I know you in particular seem to not be very high on him in your posts. But I could see Tatar going somewhere and lighting it up in terms of scoring goals. Letting him go would probably make us look pretty bad, IMO.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:

I'd bet more on B-level prospects like Frk leaving, provided anyone wants them, if we make an "impact" trade for a guy like JBo.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:25 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:

I'm not sure they're not high on him they may see him as expendable for the right player. I've been in love with Tatar long before I joined these boards, really since his 1st WJC. I thought he'd be a top 6 or bust prospect but he will be able to play on any line you need him to, that value to a team shouldn't be misplaced, having a player that can play on the 3rd line & be effective or play on the top line & be effective is very valuable.

If we end up trading him for Jbo, giving only him up, I won't be that mad. But if we overpay and he is a part of the overpayment I'm not going to be a happy armchair GM.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:41 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

I hope we don't trade any futures away, we're not winning the cup

Old
03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Detroit Sports*
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H

I hope we can get Vanek without ****** the farm.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Axel H (Flashy G)

vCash: 50
We should not trade Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Tatar, or Sheahan unless the return is truly, truly great.(IE not for Bouwmeester, or others who have been suggested this season.) I, for one, am glad that we are likely not going to be buyers. This team is not good enough to warrant that sort of trade behavior at the moment. Personally, I'm hoping we trade White for a second, (Would be amazing if we got a first some how), and then trade up at the draft for a blue chip guy.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Detroit Sports*
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
We should not trade Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Tatar, or Sheahan unless the return is truly, truly great.(IE not for Bouwmeester, or others who have been suggested this season.) I, for one, am glad that we are likely not going to be buyers. This team is not good enough to warrant that sort of trade behavior at the moment. Personally, I'm hoping we trade White for a second, (Would be amazing if we got a first some how), and then trade up at the draft for a blue chip guy.
Correct me if I am wrong why do we want picks when A) we bury are players in the farm and B) most players drafted aren't ready to contribute anytime soon
Who was the last rookie to make our team? Yzerman?

Old
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
isnt their a difference between trading for playoff rentals(something only true contenders do, ie pittsburgh) and trading for longer term improvements(ie guys 30 and under who will be here for years)?

it seems some people confuse the two

example

1)jammy jagr is strictly a playoff rental, is 107 years old, is a wasted roster spot and asset loss(even if just a 4th rd pick), is not part of detroits future beyond May 1st 2013(likely time our season ends)

2)jaybo or gabby are not playoff rentals, are 30(or so) years old, not a wasted roster spot, worth moving the right assets for, would be part of detroits medium future(5 years or so) and whos acquistion is not designed solely for the spring of 2013 but rather the spring of 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017...

Old
03-31-2013, 10:07 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
isnt their a difference between trading for playoff rentals(something only true contenders do, ie pittsburgh) and trading for longer term improvements(ie guys 30 and under who will be here for years)?

example

1)jammy jagr is strictly a playoff rental, is 107 years old, is a wasted roster spot and asset loss(even if just a 4th rd pick), is not part of detroits future beyond May 1st 2013(likely time our season ends)

2)jaybo or gabby are not playoff rentals, are 30(or so) years old, not a wasted roster spot, worth moving the right assets for, would be part of detroits medium future(5 years or so) and whos acquistion is not designed solely for the spring of 2013 but rather the spring of 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017...
Bo might be an upgrade but I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to make him worth trading for unless we only have to give up players that are fringe NHL'ers or long-shot prospects. He's not worth it where this team is currently and for the foreseeable future.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post

example

I understand that difference but then why pay it when prices are the highest they can possibly be at the deadline? If you value them as five year pieces then do it in June/July. The assets sunk to get either of those two right now aren't worth it. Now I expect the package to be less than some of what is floating around, but an arm and a leg right now stinks and will stink well into that five year plan you speak of.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I understand that difference but then why pay it when prices are the highest they can possibly be at the deadline? If you value them as five year pieces then do it in June/July. The assets sunk to get either of those two right now aren't worth it. Now I expect the package to be less than some of what is floating around, but an arm and a leg right now stinks and will stink well into that five year plan you speak of.
Excellent point. There's no good reason to buy now. Should sell whatever we can at the deadline and reassess at the end of the year.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
Vanek? Is he even available?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:30 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Vanek? Is he even available?
I haven't heard anything about Vanek.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:31 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:

What you quoted was pure speculation on the part of St. James. And she's clearly using Nyquist and Sheahan as examples. Should we assume that Ferraro, Jarnkrok, and Sproul are likely gone because she didn't mention them?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
What you quoted was pure speculation on the part of St. James. And she's clearly using Nyquist and Sheahan as examples. Should we assume that Ferraro, Jarnkrok, and Sproul are likely gone because she didn't mention them?
Don't think so, but I do think Tatar is the winger they are dangling in these deals, if you don't want him gone, then you probably don't want a trade. Kind of where I fall on the matter. If you want JayBo or Gaborik, say goodbye to Tatar more than likely.

Holland going on record about Nyquist is either A.) To drive up his value to us publically and thus in the package or B.) Because in the long debated Tatar or Nyquist thought process he is outright telling you Nyquist is a more valued asset to them and a part of their future.

Jarnkrok needs very little mentioning as he was protected during the Nash dealings. Teams are likely sniffing around Nyquist and Sheahan. Same reason we heard that both Pulkkinen and Sheahan last year weren't going for what was out there and then they didn't.

You can never fully understand everything, but it would be nice to figure out the Tatar and Nyquist pecking order and Holland seems fairly attached to Nyquist still at this point.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:55 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Don't think so, but I do think Tatar is the winger they are dangling in these deals, if you don't want him gone, then you probably don't want a trade. Kind of where I fall on the matter. If you want JayBo or Gaborik, say goodbye to Tatar more than likely.

Holland going on record about Nyquist is either A.) To drive up his value to us publically and thus in the package or B.) Because in the long debated Tatar or Nyquist thought process he is outright telling you Nyquist is a more valued asset to them and a part of their future.

Jarnkrok needs very little mentioning as he was protected during the Nash dealings. Teams are likely sniffing around Nyquist and Sheahan. Same reason we heard that both Pulkkinen and Sheahan last year weren't going for what was out there and then they didn't.
Neither did any other half-decent prospect.

Also, just because a GM says someone is "unavailable" or "protected" or what have you does not mean that's necessarily the case. That could just as easily be posturing.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:14 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
You can never fully understand everything, but it would be nice to figure out the Tatar and Nyquist pecking order and Holland seems fairly attached to Nyquist still at this point.
Why does there have to be a pecking order? At the end of the day, we know that Nyquist and Tatar are capable of playing in the NHL and looking good, if inconsistent, while doing it. Yes, there's a question of "how good," but there's no question of "if."

And I don't see Holland as the one being attached to Nyquist, unless there's something I've missed. Instead what I've seen is media speculation about what Holland may or may not be willing to move, and typically the prospects mentioned are not in fact the Wings best prospects, but instead the Wings highest profile prospects. For example, I keep seeing the media throw out Pulkkinen's name as a guy "Holland isn't going to move" but rarely have I seen mention of Sproul, for example.

I'm not saying its impossible that the Wings brass favors Nyquist over Tatar - I just think people tend to equate media speculation with Holland and company's personal views.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I'd bet more on B-level prospects like Frk leaving, provided anyone wants them, if we make an "impact" trade for a guy like JBo.
Heard some canadian sports shows talking about JBO to Detroit.
They mentioned both Patterson or Mrazek as targets for Calgary... given their poor depth in goal prospects.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Probie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
Vanek is a lethal right handed sniper. He has a deadly slapper.

I'm wondering has been used as the point man on the power play lately?

If so he not only gives us someone who can play with pavel, but it's what we would be missing on the first pp unit as well which is the most important.

Kenny knows we need to get bigger, needs a sniper to play with pavs, and vanek has lots of Millage left, so he should pull the trigger. We have too many roster player and if nyquist tatar pulkinnen jarmkrok all make the team within a year or so of each other, our team will be way to small, so someone will be needed to be moved sooner rather then later. If we get vanek and one very good d man, we will be an improved team, and ufa will be more likely to come here when they see some life in the team. I'd do it we have enough prospects left, and if we sold a few extra forwards and one d at the deadline or draft we would have a few extra picks to help cover for the pain of assets moved.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:32 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
Vanek is a lethal right handed sniper. He has a deadly slapper.

I'm wondering has been used as the point man on the power play lately?

If so he not only gives us someone who can play with pavel, but it's what we would be missing on the first pp unit as well which is the most important.

Kenny knows we need to get bigger, needs a sniper to play with pavs, and vanek has lots of Millage left, so he should pull the trigger. We have too many roster player and if nyquist tatar pulkinnen jarmkrok all make the team within a year or so of each other, our team will be way to small, so someone will be needed to be moved sooner rather then later. If we get vanek and one very good d man, we will be an improved team, and ufa will be more likely to come here when they see some life in the team. I'd do it we have enough prospects left, and if we sold a few extra forwards and one d at the deadline or draft we would have a few extra picks to help cover for the pain of assets moved.
Vanek is one of if not the very best with Homer going into retirement netfront guys on the PP. That is where he plays for the most part with the man advantage. Huge Vanek fan I would give up a decent amount for him.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower View Post
Heard some canadian sports shows talking about JBO to Detroit.
They mentioned both Patterson or Mrazek as targets for Calgary... given their poor depth in goal prospects.
Would be mad to move Mrazek. The Flames just had a pretty good goalie product in the WJC.

Would absolutely move Paterson in a package for him though, but again they had a guy that is similar to Paterson in terms of junior age goalies.

Closed Thread