HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Just fire Holland and Babcock. Both running this team and organization into the ground.
That's pretty drastic. I don't think the plan for the future is clear, but this team is basically a bubble playoff team while doing a half-assed job incorporating youth into the lineup.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Just fire Holland and Babcock. Both running this team and organization into the ground.
I am a well known Holland "hater", but i have no problem seeing him stay if he changes his style that works in today's NHL.

PS - I just tweeted the Wings asking them if they are sellers or buyers. I know i wont get a response and Ken Holland will never see my tweet, but it makes me feel better.

Twitter is very therapeutic for fans who are way too emotionally invested in pro sports.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

You know, at least this tremendous loyalty to veterans has helped the Wings land marquee UFAs the past few years.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
@mattsekeres: Gilman: "We're not done trying to improve this hockey club." Said they want 2 more pieces.
Must be nice to hear something like that from your team's management. Instead, we get "We like our team."

Old
04-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Yzerman1919*

Keep passing everyone up Kenny!!

Old
04-02-2013, 03:00 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post
You know, at least this tremendous loyalty to veterans has helped the Wings land marquee UFAs the past few years.

You mean like the time your sources told the board that Suter to the Wings was a done deal?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
And who will the successors be?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
You mean like the time your sources told the board that Suter to the Wings was a done deal?
He made me look so bad in front of my friends. I told them he was all locked up.

I always trusted everyone on the internet before Ricelund shattered my faith.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Holland is like sleeping gas

Quote:
“Every year, there’s the odd big deal, but teams really make their moves at the June draft,” Holland said. "And then there’s some rentals."

“History tells you there’s going to be 20 to 30 trades, but there’s going to be lots of deals made for depth. I’ve had some conversations with some teams about the odd depth player. I don’t really have any interest."

The Wings already have an abundance of depth at each position. Impact players could come from their own roster in the form of injured forwards Todd Bertuzzi, Darren Helm and Mikael Samuelsson.
Snore

What a loser he's become

Old
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
He made me look so bad in front of my friends. I told them he was all locked up.

I always trusted everyone on the internet before Ricelund shattered my faith.

I wasn't lying, I'd heard it from someone very close to the team before UFA began. Nothing is a sure thing until it happens, I guess.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I don't mind if he isn't buying, but he has to be selling the million depth forwards the Wings have and Ian white AT THE VERY LEAST.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post

Snore

What a loser he's become
Nothing happens tomorrow.

At the draft, there's whispers the Wings are going for a big fish. Someone else ends up getting him because the price was just too high.

They re-sign Cleary, Filppula, Howard, and Brunner.

Then they sign a mediocre UFA (unfortunately for Ken, I don't think there's many ex-Wings out there).

"We like our team."

Rinse, repeat.

Last edited by Ricelund: 04-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
odin1981

Quote:
I honestly believe one of the two has to go for the good of the club. I'd lean toward babs going personally. He seems to not care anymore about playing red wings hockey and seems determined to play grind it out realgood duck hickey. It appears he also is the reason young players don't get minutes (enough), and don't get slotted in to succede.

If he had gotten over the dump and chase style and bought back in to puck possesion 3 scoring line style hockey I would say he should stay. But he hasn't. And he doesn't want to give non useless vets ( young players) a fair shake.

Our pp doesn't work anymore due to it being designed around players that are no longer here. Our pk has struggled for 2-3 years. Players have tuned him out. He doesn't want to use what we have, he just wants to use his system now that lids is no longer here.

Granted holland has been weird lately. He signed him players that haven't amounted to much (pretty much everyone this past summer minus brunner and tootoo). Unless Holland is trying to force him to call the youngins up and play them and babs is just ignoring them (fairly accurate track record).

I'm not expecting the young players to be mistake free. Lids is gone. Pavel has hinted in interviews before about when he came into the league he had mentors he was paired with and made him who he is. Yet he doesn't ever get a sniff at a linemate to mentor (tatar, nyquist, brunner), not that he will get 2 scoring wingers (cap era), but we can fit someone in to learn from him and have either franzen or abby on his line to give room/crash net for rebound goals.

He has plenty of options as many others have presented to shed off for picks/players but they stand pat instead. I would like at the very least some of the dead weight to be shed or else when dats leaves we will be instantly calgary flames bad unless iron hook hits as projected.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Ken Holland is like a glass of warm milk and a blanket that you just got out of the dryer just before bed time.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Claypool

This team isn't really in a position to succeed either way. One or two players isn't going to put it over the top. No point in giving up high draft picks and prospects just so they can maybe make the second round of the playoffs.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
This team isn't really in a position to succeed either way. One or two players isn't going to put it over the top. No point in giving up high draft picks and prospects just so they can maybe make the second round of the playoffs.
Yeah thats fine, but Holland should atleast trade players like White and the eight million depth forwards for draft picks. Ian White is gone after this season.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
crashman

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Ken Holland is like a glass of warm milk and a blanket that you just got out of the dryer just before bed time.
I think you guys are in for a surprise. I think he felt the heat for the first time after the Quincey trade. He's gonna make a significant move now or at the draft.

Not saying I approve if the job he's doing, just what I think will happen.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
I don't think that's what anyone's saying.

I want to see them choose a direction instead of wallowing in mediocrity.

San Jose is doing it right. They are getting assets for guys they don't need because they know they can be competitive without them. The Wings can deal guys like White and Cleary and not be worse off on the ice.

Either trade some veterans, stockpile some picks, and develop the kids OR acquire some real talent you can build around for the next few years while Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still good. Not Iginla or Jagr, but someone like Bouwmeester, Vanek, Pominville, Roy, or Yandle.

Doing nothing is the worst option.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post

Snore

What a loser he's become
What the **** would Holland know about making a move at the draft?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
What the **** would Holland know about making a move at the draft?
Trading a 1st for two seconds. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Yzerman1919*

Can someone please explain to me still why he gave up a 1st rounder for Kyle Quincey...

Old
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

What has Ken Holland done to truly improve this team since we lost in the 2009 SCF? Other than let Hossa go and bring back over the hill garbage players at the cost of blocking younger more talented players.

Oh and don't forget not giving arguably a top 3 or 4 player the past 4 years no one to play with.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:31 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerman1919 View Post
Can someone please explain to me still why he gave up a 1st rounder for Kyle Quincey...
Because he was a restricted free agent and was planned to be used to add Dman depth after Brad Stuart departed. For all intents and purposes, I don't get why everyone is crying about trading Visalevski for Quincey when we have Mrazek waiting in the wings.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
I really expect us to sell and only sell those extra players if something happens.

This team is not going to win anything at this season. Everybody knows that.

Why should Ken Holland think differently?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Dude, you put a glass of milk in the dryer?
WTF

Closed Thread