HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 06:15 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
BTW, Marian Hossa, who is so superb player compared to Johan Franzen, what has he done lately? It's been pretty quiet since the season start.

Started season hot as usual, when there's no system play and he can hoard as an individual. When other teams get going, he disappears because he can't build any chemistry with anybody and system play shuts him down. We whined about that problem, and same whining is going at Chicago board.

Hossa has 3 points more than Franzen so far at this season.

He is also injured. 3/4 seasons with Chicago he has had injuries. They signed him injured (was going to shoulder surgery). Doesn't differ much about our Mule.

Since Hossa joined the Blackhawks:

Johan Franzen, 234 games, 83 goals = 0.355 per game
Marian Hossa, 263 games, 96 goals = 0.365 per game
(playoff games and goals included)

Johan Franzen 83 goals per 3.95 million caphit = 21.01 rating
Marian Hossa 96 goals per 5.275 million caphit = 18.20 rating

Looks like Franzen is the better pay per buck of these two. But he is lazy and he sucks, when Hossa is the Ultimate Warrior.
1) Cherry Picked stats if I've ever seen them
2) Both could have been retained if we dealt Filppula/let him sign Van's offersheet.
3) The deal is mainly thought of in retrospect for the first two years prior, where Hossa was non debateably better than Franzen. Hossa on the 09-10 roster still made us a president trophy contender instead of a bottom half seed.
4) Hossa's two way game blows Franzen's out of the water. Franzen hasn't been strong defensively since our Cup run. It's not really close.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Since Hossa joined the Blackhawks:

Johan Franzen, 234 games, 83 goals = 0.355 per game
Marian Hossa, 263 games, 96 goals = 0.365 per game
(playoff games and goals included)

Johan Franzen 83 goals per 3.95 million caphit = 21.01 rating
Marian Hossa 96 goals per 5.275 million caphit = 18.20 rating
Hossa is an outstanding player even when he's not scoring.

Can't say the same about Franzen.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Mike Valenti is a moron who doesnt actually watch hockey.

It's incredibly insulting to compare HFBoard posters to him.

He is your typical Wings "fan." Only shows up for the Conference Finals and beyond.
Not really. Read a few posts, it's asinine in here. I don't even pay here anymore really. Too many Valenti's..

Old
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Hckytwn
Don't do it Kenny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Here's my question- What moves could he have possibly made? Point them out, in exactly what year he could have made them and who he could have acquired. I seriously promise you won't find many, if any, moves that Holland could have made.
Seriously? He signed Sammie, it's not hard to find a move that out does that. But, just because it's so ridiculous... here you go:

1) Keep Hudler instead of Sammie.**
2) Sign P.A. Parenteau instead of Sammie.**
3) Sign Semin instead of sitting on tons of unused cap space.

(**And this isn't about Hulder or Parenteau being awesome, this is about Sammie being so incredibly bad...)

I don't think that Holland should be fired, but it's equally crazy to say he couldn't have done anything better. Playing "What if?" is a fool's game, but there have been a number of GMs that have executed quality signings and trades in this environment while Holland has sat idle.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

Quote:
BTW, Marian Hossa, who is so superb player compared to Johan Franzen, what has he done lately? It's been pretty quiet since the season start.
Haha really?

He currently has more goals than anyone on our team despite only playing 28 games.

He also had more points than anyone on our team last year, and had more points than Kane and Toews last year.

He's on another level than Franzen. Always has been. He's more in the class of D and Z.

Career

Datsyuk= .98 ppg
Zetterberg= .93 ppg
Hossa= .92 ppg

Franzen= .58 ppg

Plus Hossa is a way better two-way player than Franzen.

They're not even close.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:

Started season hot as usual, when there's no system play and he can hoard as an individual. When other teams get going, he disappears because he can't build any chemistry with anybody and system play shuts him down. We whined about that problem, and same whining is going at Chicago board.
We have never said anything about systems shutting Hossa down

And most fans want Hossa with Sharp because they have shown in past chemistry ,, Toews and Hossa are to similiar in style at times

It works better when Kane/Toews are together then Toews/Hossa offensively. Sharp is only Hawk who Hossa consistantly showed any chemistry with at C ,, Since Sharp moved to Wing fulltime the Hawks have had Kopecky , Frolik , Morrison , Kane , Pirri all slot at C on Hossa's line at on one point or another

And before he got injured Hossa had 4 goals + 2 assists in 5 games ,,, Hardly what I would call quiet

Old
04-02-2013, 06:21 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Clowe to the Rags for two 2nd round picks and another 2nd if he re signs with the Rags.

Flip should be traded.
It's 2nd+3rd and another 2nd if he re-signs.

If we aren't getting at least a 1st for Filp then I hope we don't trade him. He is now the biggest and best forward left and if someone come tomorrow feels that they need him and offer up a 1st+ I really hope we look at it long and hard.

I feel if Jarnkrok was a year ahead in his development, meaning he played this year in GR, we'd have a better idea of what he really is. That wouldn't allow the excuse of "Dats may be gone in a year, we may need him" to be used. But alas we don't know so I'm expecting tomorrow to be a very quiet day in Motown.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
We have never said anything about systems shutting Hossa down

And most fans want Hossa with Sharp because they have shown in past chemistry ,, Toews and Hossa are to similiar in style at times

It works better when Kane/Toews are together then Toews/Hossa offensively. Sharp is only Hawk who Hossa consistantly showed any chemistry with at C ,, Since Sharp moved to Wing fulltime the Hawks have had Kopecky , Frolik , Morrison , Kane , Pirri all slot at C on Hossa's line at on one point or another

And before he got injured Hossa had 4 goals + 2 assists in 5 games ,,, Hardly what I would call quiet
YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF THE WINGS! FRANZEN SCORED LIKE 15 GOALS VS THE AVALANCHE ONE YEAR HES BETTER THAN HOSSA LOLOLOL

/sarcasm

Old
04-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Henkka

Clowe to the Rangers. This must THE TRADE of the season. Team with goal scoring problems trades for a guy that has 0 goals in 28 games at this season. Even Quincey has 1!

Of course he could be a nice Homer-like role player whose strenghts are not counted by goals, but still, that's pretty funny.

If Holland would do that move, it would be the most horrible move of the decade.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

Quote:
If Holland would do that move, it would be the most horrible move of the decade.
He already did. Quincey for a 1st.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Clowe to the Rangers. This must THE TRADE of the season. Team with goal scoring problems trades for a guy that has 0 goals in 28 games at this season. Even Quincey has 1!

Of course he could be a nice Homer-like role player whose strenghts are not counted by goals, but still, that's pretty funny.

Or from your and jboys perspective the greatest move in the history of North American sports.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Howard35

Just a heads up, I'll bet my life savings Bert is retiring tomorrow. My uncle knows a close friend of his...

Old
04-02-2013, 06:39 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:

2009-10 San Jose Sharks GP82 G19 A38 PTS57 PIM131
2010-11 San Jose Sharks GP75 G24 A38 PTS62 PIM100

Old
04-02-2013, 06:39 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Just a heads up, I'll bet my life savings Bert is retiring tomorrow. My uncle knows a close friend of his...
Can't he just retire and stay on LTIR? I don't want to deal with his cap-hit.

But in all seriousness it sucks because as much as we may have hated it he was a big part of Datsyuk's line and he was money in the shootouts. If true I'm gonna miss big bert!

Old
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

I can't believe there are people out there that maintain Franzen provides more for the money that Marian Hossa does at his cap-hit.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

Pominville has submitted a list of 8 teams he would accept a trade to. I don't know if we are one of them but he is a guy I'd love to get. Right-handed winger who can play in all situations and has put up numbers in terms of both goals and points in the past. Plus he brings leadership and wore the C in Buffalo.

Would be a great pick-up. Please Kenny please!!!

Old
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Howard35

I was also the guy who said homer was retiring to cosh his kids team and was correct so I don't post these if I don't know.. Just a dads up, maybe holland will be more aggressive now.

Old
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
So glad Holland signed him to that extension, nobody could have seen this coming at all

Old
Frk It
#snipequist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
I can't believe there are people out there that maintain Franzen provides more for the money that Marian Hossa does at his cap-hit.
Some people think it's still 2008.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04...fore-deadline/

Red Wings likely done

Old
04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
That blows. Why would he do that do the Wings? Why not just go on LTIR?

Old
04-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
That blows. Why would he do that do the Wings? Why not just go on LTIR?
Yeah if he were to actually retire and not just go on LTIR and take a free pay check.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Yeah if he were to actually retire and not just go on LTIR and take a free pay check.
I am sure Mike Ilitch will survive paying Todd Bertuzzi 2.075 million dollars.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
But he does. Franzen _does_ provide more goals per buck since summer of 2009. I didn't even took those Franzen's best seasons (07-08 & 0809) in count. I'm not saying he is the better overall player, but last time I heard, goalscoring is pretty big thing in hockey.

Whole point was just give some perspective for this ridiculous discussion, how people in here are bashing our own players and praising others with this "grass is always greener on the other side" & "Holland picked the wrong guy" -mentality.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:48 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Done? I didn't even notice them begin yet...

I see now reason in carrying White around for the rest of the season when you want to have Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, Colaiacovo in the lineup + give DeKeyser and Lashoff games here and there.

Closed Thread