HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Oxide

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
IMO Kennedy + Maatta + 1st is fair. Lots of Pens fans would think it's an overpayment but the way the market is going, that seems to be a fair deal. We may have to throw in a D prospect to sweeten the deal.
I'd be fine with that deal.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
leafspensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Depends, Boston plays his style of hockey. He may feel that Boston is more of a complete team but both a top teams.
But the opportunity to play with Sid...I dunno, its a tough one, personally I'm biased and I'm just gonna say Pitt

Plus, Kyper is saying that the trade MAY not increase the price for Iginla

Old
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
IMO Kennedy + Maatta + 1st is fair. Lots of Pens fans would think it's an overpayment but the way the market is going, that seems to be a fair deal. We may have to throw in a D prospect to sweeten the deal.
I dunno, I thought most of us thought that was a good deal...I'll take a D-prospect, but I'd do that deal

Old
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Ugene Malkin
Pens Bohemian Rhaps

Quote:
Even if you add Blueger to that package and Shero was able to resign him for a couple seasons it would be worth it.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
actually, before the trades the Pens made, a lot of Pens fans were offering Kennedy, Maatta, and an unconditional 1st rounder this year. Flames fans for the most part seemed to like it, too.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
I dunno, I thought most of us thought that was a good deal...I'll take a D-prospect, but I'd do that deal
I thought they did too, but after dealing Morrow, a 2nd and condit 2nd, I didn't think they'd be willing to part with it anymore. If so, Feaster and Shero need to pull the trigger on this one.

Would love to see Iggy in Boston too tho. Jersey would look beside my Marchand. Couple of beauties there.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Old
03-25-2013, 05:14 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
I thought they did too, but after dealing Morrow, a 2nd and condit 2nd, I didn't think they'd be willing to part with it anymore. If so, Feaster and Shero need to pull the trigger on this one.

Would love to see Iggy in Boston too tho. Jersey would look beside my Marchand. Couple of beauties there.
I hate Boston...many of the people I know do...and they love Iginla...I do NOT want to see Iggy there, the guy is like my idol...

Oh come on, you're telling me you wouldn't want to see Sid feeding Iginla sick pass after sick pass

Old
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
As a Flames fan I would be happy with this and actually prefer it over a deal with Boston that involved Subban as the main prospect coming back. I am just not that sold on Subban and Calgary's farm system has far more quality goal tending prospects vs. defenseman prospects right now so adding Maatta would help a lot. He would instantly become our best D prospect and hey if the Flames make a lot of deals at the deadline they could easily end up with the 1st or 2nd overall pick and perhaps get Seth Jones. Pair up Jones and Maatta for years to come would be fantastic for the Flames.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I hate Boston...many of the people I know do...and they love Iginla...I do NOT want to see Iggy there, the guy is like my idol...

Oh come on, you're telling me you wouldn't want to see Sid feeding Iginla sick pass after sick pass
Of course we would but we would also love to see Iggy and Lucic dominate the other team physically. Almost all Flames fans are Bruins fans they play the same brand of hockey we like and we don't have any bad history with them.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
If Pittsburgh manages to get Iginla too, I don't see how they don't win the cup.

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Sutter - Morrow

Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
If Pittsburgh manages to get Iginla too, I don't see how they don't win the cup.

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Sutter - Morrow
Their playoffs depend on Fluery.

Old
TheGrifter
Rookie User

How mad is everyone going to be if he goes to Pittsburgh? Real mad?

Old
03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

Quote:

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Sutter - Morrow
Just unreal top 3 lines. Good lord.

Old
TheGrifter
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Who has the most wins by a goal tender in the league this season.

Old
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Maybe they should get Kiprusoff too.

But unless Fleury manages to let in like 5 goals a game they would be the clear favorites.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
Jimmies would be rustled.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Of course we would but we would also love to see Iggy and Lucic dominate the other team physically. Almost all Flames fans are Bruins fans they play the same brand of hockey we like and we don't have any bad history with them.
Siiiiid though....

I get where you're coming from, but right now, which team has made the improvements to help them in the playoffs, which team is on a 12 game win streak, which team can actually score goals, which team has the two best players in the world. Boston cannot score a goal to save their life right now, the amount of pressure facing Iggy when he comes in would be huge, coming to Pittsburgh would allow him to just slide in beside Sid and do what comes naturally rather than forcing anything like he may have to in Boston.

Besides watching Iginla score goals w/ the best player in the league is probably better than seeing him not score and just hit players

Old
03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Scruffy
Beast Mode

Quote:
Regular season DOES NOT equal playoffs. The games are two completely different animals.

Pittsburgh can get as many forwards as they want, but their defense is suspect, and if Fleury craps himself, they'll be out before the conference finals.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
TheGrifter
Rookie User

Boston is already a severe under dog in a series with the Penguins. If the Penguins acquire Iginla, the Bruins should focus on Nate McKinnon and how they can get in position to draft him.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
New Miami Heat?

Old
03-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Shellz

Quote:
That's great but really means nothing when the playoffs start. That doesn't mean I expect him to collapse.. but, he can be hot and cold.

Quote:
Maybe they should get Kiprusoff too.
Makes sense.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
TheGrifter
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
Regular season DOES NOT equal playoffs. The games are two completely different animals.

Pittsburgh can get as many forwards as they want, but their defense is suspect, and if Fleury craps himself, they'll be out before the conference finals.

Defense is contributing to keeping teams at 2 goals or less in the month of March since Bylsma tweaked the system. Fleury has a cup ring, you were saying?

Old
03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
hplovecraft

Quote:
Siiiiid though....

I get where you're coming from, but right now, which team has made the improvements to help them in the playoffs, which team is on a 12 game win streak, which team can actually score goals, which team has the two best players in the world. Boston cannot score a goal to save their life right now, the amount of pressure facing Iggy when he comes in would be huge, coming to Pittsburgh would allow him to just slide in beside Sid and do what comes naturally rather than forcing anything like he may have to in Boston.

Besides watching Iginla score goals w/ the best player in the league is probably better than seeing him not score and just hit players
What are the chances he actually plays with Sid, though? Sid's line is playing great as it is.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post

I get where you are coming from, but the Pens haven't allowed more than two goals in their past eight games. The defense has really calmed down of late, and Fleury in that series last year was the exception, not the rule.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
TheGrifter
Rookie User

Quote:
That's great but really means nothing when the playoffs start. That doesn't mean I expect him to collapse.. but, he can be hot and cold.

Makes sense.
Fleury has had one bad series and all of the sudden he can't goal tend in the playoffs. Makes sense. Lawl.

Closed Thread