HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Jagr vs Lidstrom vs Hasek: Who has a better trophy collection?

View Poll Results: Who has the better trophy collection?
Jaromir Jagr 15 10.42%
Nicklas Lidstrom 36 25.00%
Dominik Hasek 93 64.58%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
  #51
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
The only one with a conn smythe.
Which coincidentally should have gone to the one with 2 Hart trophies. The Red Wings don't go to the final if not for Hasek's back-to-back shutouts against the Avalanche.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:23 AM
  #52
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,215
vCash: 500
Hasek
Lidstrom
Jagr

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:34 AM
  #53
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
Which coincidentally should have gone to the one with 2 Hart trophies. The Red Wings don't go to the final if not for Hasek's back-to-back shutouts against the Avalanche.
Which coincidentally wouldn't have happened if lidstrom literally made zero mistakes in front of him for the entire cup run. Focus on entire cup run.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
  #54
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
Which coincidentally wouldn't have happened if lidstrom literally made zero mistakes in front of him for the entire cup run. Focus on entire cup run.
Lidstrom is a great player no doubt but his impact on those Red Wings teams is vastly overrated. It takes an entire team effort and playing for the powerhouse defensive team helped Lidstrom's cause.

He was playing with an assortment of dominant two-way forwards on his team who took so much pressure off of him. When you know you have a team in front of you who can make up if you mistakes is so much easier. Lidstrom's play was no less dominant or effective as let's say Chara's play was during Boston's Cup win. The way Hasek played is pretty much the way Thomas played in comparison.

In my 20 something years of being a hockey fan, I think Lidstrom's Conn Smythe is one of the least remarkable or dominant playoff runs I have seen (among Conn Smythe winners). They gave Lidstrom that Conn Smythe because by then Hasek had become an anti-hero in the eyes of the media and Lidstrom was the Golden Boy of the NHL. Lidstrom is no doubt a great player but at least 2 of the 7 Norris trophies he has are debatable and so is the Conn Smythe he has.

Hasek should have also won the Conn Smythe in a losing cause in 1999 for Buffalo.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:41 AM
  #55
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
Lidstrom is a great player no doubt but his impact on those Red Wings teams is vastly overrated. It takes an entire team effort and playing for the powerhouse defensive team helped Lidstrom's cause.

He was playing with an assortment of dominant two-way forwards on his team who took so much pressure off of him. When you know you have a team in front of you who can make up if you mistakes is so much easier. Lidstrom's play was no less dominant or effective as let's say Chara's play was during Boston's Cup win. The way Hasek played is pretty much the way Thomas played in comparison.

In my 20 something years of being a hockey fan, I think Lidstrom's Conn Smythe is one of the least remarkable or dominant playoff runs I have seen (among Conn Smythe winners). They gave Lidstrom that Conn Smythe because by then Hasek had become an anti-hero in the eyes of the media and Lidstrom was the Golden Boy of the NHL. Lidstrom is no doubt a great player but at least 2 of the 7 Norris trophies he has are debatable and so is the Conn Smythe he has.

Hasek should have also won the Conn Smythe in a losing cause in 1999 for Buffalo.
Should've, could've, would've. Not relevant.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:12 PM
  #56
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
Should've, could've, would've. Not relevant.
You have a point and we are talking about trophy count only and who's is more impressive but at the end of the day Lidstrom's 7 Norris trophies and 1 Conn Smythe don't put him ahead of Jagr and Hasek overall on the all-time players' list.


Last edited by livewell68: 03-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.