HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If Devils become sellers...

Old
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

vCash: 500
If Devils become sellers...

Devils next 6 games are as follows

@ CAR
FLORIDA
@ OTW
@ TB
@ FLA
ISLANDERS

6 winnable games. If NJ doesnt take 8 out 12 points they will probably be deadline sellers. Their last 12 games after this stretch is tough. 2 vs. BOS, 2 vs. NYR, 2 VS TOR, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Buffalo, Florida, and Philly.

So if Lou does become a seller, what Western Conference team needs David Clarkson, Patrik Elias, Marek Zidlicky, and Henrik Tallinder? Lou won't trade Clarkson or Elias to the East, but shouldnt have a problem trading Zidlicky or Tallinder to the East.

I think the market for Clarkson is a 1st rounder +, For Elias a 1st rounder, Zidlicky a 2nd rounder 0r decent prospect, and Tallinder a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Other Devils who could be dealt away are Danius Zubrus and Ponikovsky who are both UFA's at the end of the year.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:28 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Devils next 6 games are as follows

@ CAR
FLORIDA
@ OTW
@ TB
@ FLA
ISLANDERS

6 winnable games. If NJ doesnt take 8 out 12 points they will probably be deadline sellers. Their last 12 games after this stretch is tough. 2 vs. BOS, 2 vs. NYR, 2 VS TOR, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Buffalo, Florida, and Philly.

So if Lou does become a seller, what Western Conference team needs David Clarkson, Patrik Elias, Marek Zidlicky, and Henrik Tallinder? Lou won't trade Clarkson or Elias to the East, but shouldnt have a problem trading Zidlicky or Tallinder to the East.

I think the market for Clarkson is a 1st rounder +, For Elias a 1st rounder, Zidlicky a 2nd rounder 0r decent prospect, and Tallinder a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Other Devils who could be dealt away are Danius Zubrus and Ponikovsky who are both UFA's at the end of the year.
Lou won't trade Elias..

Others are possible but we'd have to lose 4/5 out of 6 (looking possible at this point) and be clearly out of things.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:34 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Lou won't trade Elias..

Others are possible but we'd have to lose 4/5 out of 6 (looking possible at this point) and be clearly out of things.
If they lose to Florida either game it says a lot about them since Florida already has the postage stamp on the season. Unless they somehow go 5-1 and the 1 game they lose is to the Panthers. Which would be impossible.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Jeff L

I'd be interested in Ponikarovsky, Zidlicky or Tallinder for the Bruins - how are they playing?

Jeff L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Jerzey Devil

I don't see Lou trading either Elias or Clarkson. I expect both of them to be in NJ next season. Same with Zubs. Management is too high on all of them to deal them.

Tallinder, Zids, Poni, Harrold, Kostopolus, Sestito, and maybe even Moose could be available. We can try to get Volch to waive his NTC, if not he could end up being bought out this summer.

I wouldn't expect much back in return unless we package a young defender or Tedenby/Josefson with one of the aforementioned players.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:49 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy View Post
I'd be interested in Ponikarovsky, Zidlicky or Tallinder for the Bruins - how are they playing?
Zidlicky has made some gaffs on defense but he is very good on the powerplay and rushing up the ice to add offense. Tallinder has been bad, Ponikarovsky has been average at best. But now he's apparently hurt, just dont know what it is, and how long he'll be out.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:49 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
I don't see Lou trading either Elias or Clarkson. I expect both of them to be in NJ next season. Same with Zubs. Management is too high on all of them to deal them.

Tallinder, Zids, Poni, Harrold, Kostopolus, Sestito, and maybe even Moose could be available. We can try to get Volch to waive his NTC, if not he could end up being bought out this summer.

I wouldn't expect much back in return unless we package a young defender or Tedenby/Josefson with one of the aforementioned players.
Just because they trade them at the deadline doesnt mean they'll won't be back next year.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

If they become sellers I'd like my Maple Leafs to inquire about David Clarkson. I love the guy's stare

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Just because they trade them at the deadline doesnt mean they'll won't be back next year.
No but it's risky to send them out there and hope they want to come back. What if they end up liking the team they get traded to and receive a great offer to stay? That team will have exclusive negotiating rights until UFA hits.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:55 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
No but it's risky to send them out there and hope they want to come back. What if they end up liking the team they get traded to and receive a great offer to stay? That team will have exclusive negotiating rights until UFA hits.
Well NJ kept Parise though his entire contract and he left.

So did Niedermayer and Holik.

$$ talks. BS walks.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

Don't think Clarkson is a 1st+ for just a rental but that's just me... I'd say more like a blue chip+ 2nd or possibly 3rd depending on who it is.

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:58 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Assuming they throw in a crowbar to pry the NTC out of his hands, would Volchenkov be available? I know this was brought up earlier in the year, but do the Wings have anything New Jersey would value? Prospects? Picks? Would they need/want an NHL D-man in return?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Jeff L

Quote:
Zidlicky has made some gaffs on defense but he is very good on the powerplay and rushing up the ice to add offense. Tallinder has been bad, Ponikarovsky has been average at best. But now he's apparently hurt, just dont know what it is, and how long he'll be out.
Sounds like somebody the Bruins could really use to boost the powerplay for the playoffs if Dougie falters or someone gets hurt. Jared Knight, or a 2nd? Or both?

Jeff L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Well NJ kept Parise though his entire contract and he left.

So did Niedermayer and Holik.

$$ talks. BS walks.
IMO Lou should try to sign Elias and Clarkson before the trade deadline. If they can't come p with a deal before then then send them packing.

I always felt that as soon as Parise signed that one year deal Lou should have tried to trade him. What would Minnesota have given up last year for a full year of Parise and then negotiating rights? I'm willing to bet we would have gotten a pretty nice package with how much they wanted him.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Why don't we just trade Mary while we're at it?

I don't buy that Lou is ever going to be a seller. Even at deadline '11 when they were only two or three losses away from being mathematically eliminated, the only "selling" he did was trading away Arnott. And that was only to recoup the assets he gave up 8 months prior to get Arnott in the first place.

Brodeur, Zubrus, and Loktionov are all on the horizon. Fayne is available. We've outshot our opponents 11 straight games, and we have as many points as 6th place does. If anything, Lou will be a buyer and try to separate us from the pack.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Teddy von Josefson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Assuming they throw in a crowbar to pry the NTC out of his hands, would Volchenkov be available? I know this was brought up earlier in the year, but do the Wings have anything New Jersey would value? Prospects? Picks? Would they need/want an NHL D-man in return?
Give us Filppula, and I will donate my brain to science...

Teddy von Josefson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Tallinder for 2014 3rd or this year's 4th.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Lou trading away Elias. thats funny!

also I think Clarkson resigns. Devils gave him a chance when no other franchise would, and its a team he loves playing for. he takes a discount for NJ

Tallinder and Tedenby/Josefson are gonna be long gone by the trade deadline, trust me

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote