HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

2005 WHL Bantam Draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2005, 02:27 PM
  #26
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
really hoping toews falls to the wheatkings with their pick in the 4th.....he will be a helluva steal if he ends up playing in the dub.
117 Brandon David Toews June 7, 1990 LW Winnipeg, MB

Emerald City Bruin is online now  
Old
05-05-2005, 03:05 PM
  #27
Victory Ali*
 
Victory Ali*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: North Korea
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
I'm pretty happy with both of Seattle's first two picks, it looks like we've addressed our physical and scoring needs with Hanson and Boyer.

It looks like a lot of people are interested because WHL's website is jammed with people and running very slow.

Victory Ali* is offline  
Old
05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
  #28
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird107
117 Brandon David Toews June 7, 1990 LW Winnipeg, MB
Got my wish....lets hope he decides to play in the DUB now unlike his brother....i think he was def. worth a 6th round risk when Bdn had 2 picks in the 6th.

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
05-05-2005, 05:10 PM
  #29
CurtisJD13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Reading the website for the Chiefs, they seem exstatic with Wahl and Reddington. I'm interested to see these guys now.

CurtisJD13 is offline  
Old
05-05-2005, 08:51 PM
  #30
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
Got my wish....lets hope he decides to play in the DUB now unlike his brother....i think he was def. worth a 6th round risk when Bdn had 2 picks in the 6th.
If his brother is Jonathan Toews(I'm 95% sure he is), I think he will actually play with the club. The only reason he didn't go to Tri-City was because his mother wanted him to play close to home. And unless I'm mistaken, Brandon is closer to Winnipeg than wherever the Fighting Sioux play(not too sure where). I think his mother might actually prefer he play in Brandon.

Gibsons Finest is online now  
Old
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
  #31
dafranchz
Registered User
 
dafranchz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
If his brother is Jonathan Toews(I'm 95% sure he is), I think he will actually play with the club. The only reason he didn't go to Tri-City was because his mother wanted him to play close to home. And unless I'm mistaken, Brandon is closer to Winnipeg than wherever the Fighting Sioux play(not too sure where). I think his mother might actually prefer he play in Brandon.
I'd hate to see what happens when and if they get drafted by the NHL if the geography thing is true.


dafranchz is offline  
Old
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
  #32
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisJD13
Reading the website for the Chiefs, they seem exstatic with Wahl and Reddington. I'm interested to see these guys now.
Reddington is an extremely good defenseman.

Fedz is offline  
Old
05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
  #33
Bully73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
If his brother is Jonathan Toews(I'm 95% sure he is), I think he will actually play with the club. The only reason he didn't go to Tri-City was because his mother wanted him to play close to home. And unless I'm mistaken, Brandon is closer to Winnipeg than wherever the Fighting Sioux play(not too sure where). I think his mother might actually prefer he play in Brandon.
Actually the two places are about the same distance from Winnipeg. Fighting Sioux play out of Grand Forks (two hours to the south of Wpg) and Brandon is two hours to the west of Wpg.

Reports I have heard, say that David will likely go the college route as well, but if any team has a chance at convincing otherwise, the Wheat Kings would be that team.

Bully73 is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 12:39 AM
  #34
MikeS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Country: Italy
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Kyle Beach

Pretty excited to get Beach! Fell all the way to #10....

239 PIM... is this why he didn't go earlier in the draft do you think?

MikeS is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 03:07 AM
  #35
Crosby=Gretzky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: i lost myself
Country: Sweden
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Crosby=Gretzky
Anyone noticing that it were four players selected in the first round born January 4th.
And a total of 34 passes in rounds 12 and 13.

Crosby=Gretzky is offline  
Old
05-06-2005, 08:36 AM
  #36
The Pucks
Registered User
 
The Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,584
vCash: 500
Dont worry about the passes, the WHL does not have a set amount of rounds in the draft, they continue untill all teams pass in a round. The teams have a 50 player protected list, and once that is full you can not draft any more players without dropping somebody.

The Pucks is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 11:26 AM
  #37
CurtisJD13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS
Pretty excited to get Beach! Fell all the way to #10....

239 PIM... is this why he didn't go earlier in the draft do you think?
I think that's exactly why he fell. Definate steal for the 'Tips, though, if Hunt or Wahl weren't available, I think this was Spokane's next choice. He has the potential to become a 1st round NHL pick and a very dominate power forward. He will compliment Hamill and Calla perfectly and add some size to those young Everett players. There may be a dynasty building in Everett, ala Kelowna.

CurtisJD13 is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 11:23 AM
  #38
Crosby=Gretzky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: i lost myself
Country: Sweden
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Crosby=Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisJD13
I think that's exactly why he fell. Definate steal for the 'Tips, though, if Hunt or Wahl weren't available, I think this was Spokane's next choice. He has the potential to become a 1st round NHL pick and a very dominate power forward. He will compliment Hamill and Calla perfectly and add some size to those young Everett players. There may be a dynasty building in Everett, ala Kelowna.
Agreed. If Everett can keep those players, and get one or two good players at the next years draft, I think there is a chance of Memorial Cup. Or atleast they can win the WHL playoffs.
Hamill, Calla, Zasitko, Mueller, Beach, Irving......The list is long.

Crosby=Gretzky is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
  #39
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby=Gretzky
Agreed. If Everett can keep those players, and get one or two good players at the next years draft, I think there is a chance of Memorial Cup. Or atleast they can win the WHL playoffs.
Hamill, Calla, Zasitko, Mueller, Beach, Irving......The list is long.
Imagine if they could somehow pry Mueller into the WHL, they'd have a long list of talented forwards.

By the way, you completely forgot Max Grassi, who teared apart the PIJ Playoffs, he'll be a force.

Fedz is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 11:51 PM
  #40
MikeS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Country: Italy
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Talking Mueller into the Dub would be great. I think with the supporting cast, there is a good chance he would opt for Junior over NCAA... at least I hope!

This team is going to be exciting over then next 3-5 years, no doubt.

MikeS is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 12:11 AM
  #41
Pedrostallion1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Grassi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
Imagine if they could somehow pry Mueller into the WHL, they'd have a long list of talented forwards.

By the way, you completely forgot Max Grassi, who teared apart the PIJ Playoffs, he'll be a force.
Last I had read thought I saw that Max Grassi was listed by the Kootenay ICE. Either way, any chance Max goes the dub route?

I like Everett's young players and think they are going to be a very talented team should these players live up to expectations. A team to be reckoned with in a couple years for sure.

Due to the success the ICE have had over the last four or five years they still manage to find some top prospects. Ben Maxwell is going to be a heckuva player, along with new guys John Negrin and Dustin Sylvester. If they can get a couple of the other NCAA focused guys (Justin Taylor) to come they could be very good in a couple years as well.

Pedrostallion1 is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 12:16 PM
  #42
Crosby=Gretzky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: i lost myself
Country: Sweden
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Crosby=Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
Imagine if they could somehow pry Mueller into the WHL, they'd have a long list of talented forwards.

By the way, you completely forgot Max Grassi, who teared apart the PIJ Playoffs, he'll be a force.
Ok. Don't think I heard of him. But the name rings a LITTLE bell in my head.

Crosby=Gretzky is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
  #43
Crosby=Gretzky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: i lost myself
Country: Sweden
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Crosby=Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrostallion1
Last I had read thought I saw that Max Grassi was listed by the Kootenay ICE. Either way, any chance Max goes the dub route?

I like Everett's young players and think they are going to be a very talented team should these players live up to expectations. A team to be reckoned with in a couple years for sure.

Due to the success the ICE have had over the last four or five years they still manage to find some top prospects. Ben Maxwell is going to be a heckuva player, along with new guys John Negrin and Dustin Sylvester. If they can get a couple of the other NCAA focused guys (Justin Taylor) to come they could be very good in a couple years as well.
Don't forget Lenny Young. Talking of WHL teams with a good future, Calgary must be named. Nearly as good future as Everett. Karl Alzner and Alex Plante on the D, Brett Sonne, Isaac Reid, Ryan White, Keegan Dansreneau on the forward side. In fact, I think all plays C. MikeS, as an Everret fan, how many points do you think Hamill will score the next season and the season after that? And who will he play with next season? Maybe Zasitko and someone else?

Crosby=Gretzky is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 01:02 PM
  #44
Davef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby=Gretzky
Ok. Don't think I heard of him. But the name rings a LITTLE bell in my head.
This is a write up in the local paper.
http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/05/...ipnotes001.cfm

Davef is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 10:42 PM
  #45
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
What are the chances that Toews will play for Brandon and not go the college route? thoughts?

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 11:37 PM
  #46
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Correct you are Pedrostallion1, Max Grassi is a Ice protected player, I confused him with the little Grassi, Matt, who's listed by Everett.

Bottom line is Grassi is a special player. He and Maxwell will dominate the WHL.

Fedz is offline  
Old
05-13-2005, 12:43 AM
  #47
MikeS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Country: Italy
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby=Gretzky
Don't forget Lenny Young. Talking of WHL teams with a good future, Calgary must be named. Nearly as good future as Everett. Karl Alzner and Alex Plante on the D, Brett Sonne, Isaac Reid, Ryan White, Keegan Dansreneau on the forward side. In fact, I think all plays C. MikeS, as an Everret fan, how many points do you think Hamill will score the next season and the season after that? And who will he play with next season? Maybe Zasitko and someone else?
I think you will see Hamill with Calla and a more experienced player, maybe someone with some size (Curtis Billsten? Kyle Annesly?). Someone not afraid to go into the corners, someone with some grit. This coming year I think the over all focus will still be on the defensive end of the ice, so individual points might not be what you'd expect for a top-line guy, just because of the coaching style. But as these players develop (as true two-way players) you will see numbers like Brule (In my humble opinion).

I think with so many '88 born players, they will try to spread them over all the lines and add size and experience to compliment.

Of course Kyle Beach is on the way too


Last edited by MikeS: 05-14-2005 at 03:23 PM.
MikeS is offline  
Old
05-13-2005, 11:09 AM
  #48
CurtisJD13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
I wasn't impressed with Lenny Young...I think I saw him play 2 shifts in the game he was listed here. Don't know a whole lot about him, though. Spokane and Everett have an interesting next 5 years, maybe a bit of a rivalry will develop? It would be interesting to see with the players both systems have coming up.

CurtisJD13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.