HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best online hockey stores?

Old
03-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Pacifist Goon

vCash: 500
Best online hockey stores?

..and what's best about them? Pricing, range, shipping?

Pacifist Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Nibbler

vCash: 50
I usually use hockeymonkey.com. Their prices are fair, shipping is fast, and they are reliable. Hockeygiant.com is another good one.

Hockeytron seems to always have deals, but I've only ever ordered a cheap set of jerseys from them so I don't know how reliable they are.

Nibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:37 AM
terranraida

vCash: 50
Easily gonna say hockeymonkey

terranraida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 10:04 AM
17of26

Ice Warehouse is good.

They don't have nearly as big of a selection as HockeyMonkey, but whenever both stores have something it's always been cheaper for me to get it from Ice Warehouse.

17of26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Pacifist Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17of26 View Post
Ice Warehouse is good.

They don't have nearly as big of a selection as HockeyMonkey, but whenever both stores have something it's always been cheaper for me to get it from Ice Warehouse.
Yeah, I like the look of their website and they have some good product reviews on YouTube.

Thinking about giving them a whirl, but want to check out some others too.

Pacifist Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Islespuck89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
I usually use hockeymonkey.com. Their prices are fair, shipping is fast, and they are reliable. Hockeygiant.com is another good one.

Hockeytron seems to always have deals, but I've only ever ordered a cheap set of jerseys from them so I don't know how reliable they are.
I took a chance on hockeytron about 3 weeks ago. I got a helmet and a hockey bag. Placed 2 separate orders, both where shipped fast and I emailed customer service and got a response the next day. I would order from them again.

Islespuck89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Sureshotte
Thumbs up, soldier!

Bought various things from Ice Warehouse and they've been great. Standard next-day shipping to CA is a bonus, too.

Sureshotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 02:30 PM
CoachC

Total Hockey. Sign up for their breakaway rewards program($40) and you get 10% off your first purchase. 2 weeks later they email you a $60 gift card, you get free shipping on purchases over $25 for life and also if you have a store in your area you get free skate sharpening for life.

CoachC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 06:15 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 474
Where do my fellow Canadians order their hockey gear from?

I've never liked ordering from the states because I've only had bad experiences in getting my stuff across the border.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 06:40 PM
mistrhanky

I go with whatever is the best deal, usually hockeymonkey, totalhockey or hockeygiant. I prefer the giant or totalhockey because they have local stores in my area now and I always like to have brick and mortars around.

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Sykora|39
Anaheim Ducks

they are all a joke on shipping.

I usually go to hockeymonkey or whatever and then see if dicks sporting goods website has the same thing.

Only reason is dicks will ship for free if you call in the store and do the order over the phone. shipping is super quick too at 3-5 days.

Sykora|39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 04:48 AM
silkyjohnson50

hockeyworld.com (Perani's) is legit and gets nothing but thumbs up from me. Despite living pretty close to two of the actual stores (which are also great), I've placed 3 online orders in the past year or so and it arrived extremely fast. All orders were free shipping on $99 and over. I'm not sure if the shipping is the same in other locations being that I'm located in the same state that Perani's is headquartered, but I know they have other locations in the U.S. and Ontario.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 07:17 AM
MattGTI

I've used both Hockey Monkey and Pure Hockey online. As well as going to both brick and mortar stores.
I really have to hand it to hockey monkey online. They literally have everything. They will beat any price out there. Their service dept. is top notch. The big thing is, even when you pick standard shipping, the item is at your front door in no time. Nothing but good expierinces with them.

MattGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Ozz

HockeyMonkey
IceWarehouse
and hockeyworld/peranis (also a local to me, though I rarely buy there for some reason)

They just opened up a TotalHockey around the corner from my main rink, I checked it out a few weeks ago and will definitely be going there the next time I need something.

Seems most things I buy at HockeyMonkey/Icewarehouse end up w/free shipping anyway so I'm not sure the complaint about "they're a joke with shipping" holds 100% merit. You can often find online coupon codes in a matter of seconds to get free shipping on your order too, so don't forget to give that a shot.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:38 AM
McDugan

HockeyTron has some pretty great deals and offers decent product, but after seeing one of their management team go after a dissatisfied customer on MSH (in a case where it appeared the customer had every right to be dissatisfied) and calling him names and posting his real name to the message board, I'll never buy from them again.

HockeyMonkey has great selection but the shipping is ridiculous and I had a bad experience in which a service rep misled my wife when she was trying to buy me a pair of gloves as a gift. They subbed in another color, which would have been fine, except it wasn't just another color, it was a markedly different glove with different palms and no mesh gussets, which were THE reason I wanted the gloves in the first place. When we tried to exchange for a glove with the same specs as were listed under the item on the site, they didn't want to do the exchange b/c they were a clearance item. Only after several phone calls and making me pay return shipping did they allow the return. I avoid them on principle, but it's hard; sometimes it's just the best place to go.

HockeyGiant is my favorite - I've had fantastic service from them and they're much closer to me, so the ship time is always fast. But the inventory isn't quite as extensive as the monkey.

McDugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 12:33 PM
leftwinger37

Hockeymonkey.com has the best selection, however usually not the best prices and shipping to MI is pricier than with other retailers. I basically only shop there if they are offering 20-30% off to off-set the shipping charges.

I really like Ice Warehouse because shipping is free with a $75+ purchase (sometimes $50 if they are running a promotion), they ship same day or next day, and I get it in five business days or less via UPS ground. Also consider getting the IWin membership for a discount (the details are on the site), it's totally worth it.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Sureshotte
Thumbs up, soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinger37 View Post
I really like Ice Warehouse because shipping is free with a $75+ purchase (sometimes $50 if they are running a promotion), they ship same day or next day, and I get it in five business days or less via UPS ground. Also consider getting the IWin membership for a discount (the details are on the site), it's totally worth it.
They have done free shipping promotions in the past too.

Sureshotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 11:01 PM
ean

Hockeymonkey has the best selection but their shipping rates are bogus. Always try your local shop first...

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Terry Yake

hockeymonkey and hockeygiant for sure. ice warehouse is another good one too

Terry Yake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 03:47 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

I use hockey monkey quite often to ship to the Middle East. The shipping ends up being $100-$150 but I usually order a bunch of stuff at once.

Even with the shipping which I think is reasonable it works out to be cheaper than buying here not to mention there are massive issues with selection here as well as customer service and product knowledge.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 04:01 AM
beeker16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykora|39 View Post
they are all a joke on shipping.

I usually go to hockeymonkey or whatever and then see if dicks sporting goods website has the same thing.
This. I was passing by one of the monkey retail stores and asked if I still had to pay shipping if I got the items online and pick up there or had them drop shipped there. Yes because the retail store is different from the online store.

The 15-20% off sales are usually moot anyway since several items are "Minimum Advertised Price Item: This item is not eligible for discounts"

Last edited by beeker16: 03-05-2014 at 04:11 AM.
beeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

I think all the deals are pretty similar nowadays with the big guys. I was shopping for vapor 7.0 pants the other day and they were on sale for $90 at TH, HM, & HG.

The one thing I don't like about Hockey Monkey is how they process their orders. Seems like the stock info is often wrong and when they don't have something it takes them a while to let you know that. I have had the experience more than once where I've ordered something that was in stock on the website only to find out a few days later it was not.

On the flip side of that Total Hockey seems to keep accurate stock and their shipping is usually fast and free. Plus the order is processed and shipped usually on the same day as you order. Also even though you choose standard shipping I have normally get the item within a couple days. Example being I ordered those 7.0 pants from TH on Tuesday and they are being delivered today.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 05:32 PM
titaniumexpose

I just ordered a stick from Total Hockey - They wanted $18 and change for shipping from their site. Looked it up on Amazon and placed the same order to Total Hockey via Amazon and shipping was $10 less.

titaniumexpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:17 PM
thevil
Lets go Aves?

I love hockey monkey...

thevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:34 AM
CoachC

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumexpose View Post
I just ordered a stick from Total Hockey - They wanted $18 and change for shipping from their site. Looked it up on Amazon and placed the same order to Total Hockey via Amazon and shipping was $10 less.
see post #8

CoachC is offline   Reply With Quote