HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets talk about Dave Bolland

Old
06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Really, people can't even give Bolland 24 hours after winning the Cup.
The optimism after a cup can only last a day or so. Back to negativity!

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Heavy lifting? Shooting the puck on net (basic hockey), and doing a fly by in front of the net is hardly heavy lifting. Bolland went to the front, stayed there, and was rewarded with the rebound.

Everyone did their job on that play, I wouldn't call it Froliks goal by any stretch.

And again, you are bringing up just this year for Bolland vs. Frolik. What about all the other years?

Bolly deserves another shot to turn his game around in Chicago. You only trade him if you are improving the team. You don't trade him to dump salary. (ie/ for a 2nd round pick)
The fact that what Frolik did constitutes a fly by in your opinion says everything

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:10 PM
madgoat33

frolik might create more good scoring chances than anyone else on the hawks on a per-minute basis. just has no ability to finish outside of a ps. he also plays amazing defense and is absolutely relentless. its just a shame hes about 25-30% overpaid. he's the exact type of player a team like tb or pitt needs.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
frolik might create more good scoring chances than anyone else on the hawks on a per-minute basis. just has no ability to finish outside of a ps. he also plays amazing defense and is absolutely relentless. its just a shame hes about 25-30% overpaid. he's the exact type of player a team like tb or pitt needs.
I think he had the most break aways during the playoffs of any Hawk player. Just cannot finish.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
He is exact type of player team like Chicago needs

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:02 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
He's the type of player every team needs

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
How much time did Stan Bowman give Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel, Versteeg, Fraser after winning the Stanley Cup in the second quarter of 2010?
Last time I checked they weren't traded less then 24 hours after winning the Cup.

Plus what does that have to do with anything.

Your pathetic. You clearly get more joy about of hating Bolland then winning the Cup. I guess if they keep Bolland and win the Cup next year it's going to be the worst year of your life.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Difference between 2010 and this year is the draft is Sunday and FA is July 5th. Not as much time to test waters , etc.

Hawks likely start doing things after parade. No point in trading a guy who will be with team at parade

Celebrate this week and get to business this weekend

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:56 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

He didn't play in the playoffs but have to give props to Emery for eating up some games in the regular season/keeping Craw fresh without losing ground in the race. He exceeded expectations and I think it made both goalies better. Great leadership as well.

Bolland, unless there is some significant injury he will fully recover from it's tough to bring him back. His health is always going to be a concern. I guess you can run with him another year outside of other options.

Frolik - Stanley Cup winners tend to garner more interest and I think his contract is not that bad for a trade if the Hawks were stretched with the cap.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:19 PM
HawksFan37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
He didn't play in the playoffs but have to give props to Emery for eating up some games in the regular season/keeping Craw fresh without losing ground in the race. He exceeded expectations and I think it made both goalies better. Great leadership as well.

Bolland, unless there is some significant injury he will fully recover from it's tough to bring him back. His health is always going to be a concern. I guess you can run with him another year outside of other options.

Frolik - Stanley Cup winners tend to garner more interest and I think his contract is not that bad for a trade if the Hawks were stretched with the cap.
Well said.

Bolland is a tough call. Been a part of this group since the beginning and did play a role in winning this title. Emotion and loyalty do matter for something. But from a business perspective, if you need the $ to sign a guy like Bickell or Leddy, he might have to be the odd man out, just based on the toll injuries have taken on him.

Wish the cap was $66.4M instead of $64.4M, but that's the reality for 2013-14.

HawksFan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Hawks82

I'm glad Bolland finally elevated the puck, lol.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

really, just give it a rest. Those are players that help you win and you win Cups with. It has been proven. Both came up huge in that moment as did Oduya. Q trusted the KrüBoFro line with the Swedes defense right after tieing the game with 1 minute left. They all were part of that goal. All 5 touched the puck and were part of that goal.

We just won the Cup, don't have to trade half the roster due to the Cap and the calling for getting rid of this or that guy started not even 24 hours after winning the Cup.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:49 AM
RayP

I'm ok with Frolik on his current contract. Is it an overpayment? Yeah... but who you going to replace him with. Some guys IMO are just worth being overpaid, and I think he is one of them. It's not like he is making 5M a year. People make it seem like he can be replaced by anyone you groom into that role.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:05 AM
HawksFan37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
really, just give it a rest. Those are players that help you win and you win Cups with. It has been proven. Both came up huge in that moment as did Oduya. Q trusted the KrüBoFro line with the Swedes defense right after tieing the game with 1 minute left. They all were part of that goal. All 5 touched the puck and were part of that goal.

We just won the Cup, don't have to trade half the roster due to the Cap and the calling for getting rid of this or that guy started not even 24 hours after winning the Cup.
Nobody is saying trade half the roster. And I wish people didn't have to think about it so quick after winning the Cup, I'm with you on that, but unfortunately that's the reality with the compressed timelines this year.

I love all that Bolland has done for this team and know his value when he's 100% on his game. But it's impossible to bring everyone back next year, and a tough decision or two are going to have to be made by Stan (fortunately not 7-10 tough decisions like 2010, for that I'm thankful for). I could see Bolland being dealt if they need $ for Bickell and Leddy. I also realize that one of Bickell or Leddy could price themselves out of town and they keep Bolland. We'll see what Stan does.

HawksFan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The fact that what Frolik did constitutes a fly by in your opinion says everything
He tipped the puck as he was skating by the net..i'm not knocking the play by saying fly by.

It was as much Bollands goal as it was Froliks....

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Gurth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

It's downright pathetic.

Everyone on the team (including the healthy scratches) played some role in this title.

To be quibbling about this goal or who the best Hawks players ever are before we've even had the parade sums up this board pretty well.

Thankfully, it's almost time to take a break till fall.

Remember people...

ONE GOAL!

Gurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:56 AM
unbridledid

Watched the last two minutes a couple dozen times....just delicious...Won't ever get tired of it...Bruins hopes and dreams just smashed on an anvil with a Blackhawk hammer...

That 4th line out with one minute left...depth and trust.

When does training camp start ? Will be watching the draft on the 30th I do know that much. I don't care a whit about baseball and am ready to start watching games and quaffing beers !!!!

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote