HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Day - All trade info here

Old
03-27-2013, 11:45 PM
drgregg
millenials get off

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I can see a sell-off, but I also believe that Maloney will try to bring in players for next season. Since Boston acquired Iginla, I wonder if they will trade Peverley (so they can re-sign Iginla). Something like a rental + prospect/draft pick.
They apparently will need to move someone if they plan to re-sign Iginla. I am not too proud to take their scraps.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
If the Coyotes are sitting there with MacKinnon or Drouin, I'd trade Yandle to the Flyers or Edmonton if that pick gets you the other. Or if you win the lottery, you can hold Seth Jones hostage. Drafting 2 highly touted junior kids like that is something you can really market.
I love Yandle and want to keep him, but if moving him creates this possibility, you jump on it. Getting both MacKinnon and Drouin would be our version of drafting the Sedins.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
lanky

Yandle is not the answer for any team that finishes 2nd or 3rd last in the league. He would never fetch such a high pick.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:55 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Yandle is not the answer for any team that finishes 2nd or 3rd last in the league. He would never fetch such a high pick.
For a team that doesn't need another forward (Edmonton) or needs an impact player because they aren't really rebuilding (Flyers) he absolutely is.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:57 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
That's why u load up on additional 2nd and 3rd round picks.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Mosby
Howl On

I'd be much more comfortable selling if we knew the ownership picture of this team. Alas that has been the past four years...

If it's the last year in the desert, I'd be more tempted to make a go of the playoffs. At the same time, this close to the bottom, it's tempting to bottom out and get your hands on Nathan MacKinnon.

I suspect Donny Maloney will do a bit of both. I think you can sell off guys like Raffi Torres, grab some assets in return (like picks) and replace these players internally. No loss.

Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Looks like there will be an announcement coming from Calgary in a few minutes with regards to trading Iggy.

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:30 AM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Looks like there will be an announcement coming from Calgary in a few minutes with regards to trading Iggy.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
Iggy has been traded to Pittsburgh instead.

Last edited by RR: 03-28-2013 at 12:41 AM.
gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:59 PM
doaner

So are we buyers/ sellers now? The next game is huge!!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:05 AM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

They have to essentially win out to make the playoffs. This win did far more harm than good. More n +1 ******** this year it looks like.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:38 AM
DesertDawg

5 points behind #8 SJ, yes the next game is huge...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
ducky

Not enough talent to make a legit playoff run.
Too many UFA's on the roster.
Ownerless organization cannot afford to let players walk - need assets.

Sell to the highest bidders!

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
zachmoss147

Oh man, imagine if we get one of the top three picks, and we trade Yandle for another top three pick like suggested above. I hate to sound too optimistic, but Gosbee or another owner keeps this team here, and we draft MacKinnon and Droudin, that would be incredible. Imagine the excitement that we would have going into next season. Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this way.

zachmoss147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:08 PM
zLiMbiLLY

Who you rather keep, Vrbata or Vermette?

I'ld say Vrby, eventhough his age.

zLiMbiLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:16 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLiMbiLLY View Post

Vermette. Near best league on face offs. We have very little depth at C.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:25 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

Hard to choose. Vermette b/c of his face-off abilities in a position of weakness, or Vrbata - arguably the only pure goal scorer we've had in the past 3 years, money in shootouts, and defensively underrated. Right now I'd probably go with Vrby - though Vermette has been aces in the dot, he's been invisible half the time offensively. Vrbata is near a PPG clip without Whitney.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Vrbata. And it's not even close IMO.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:38 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Pieces of this titanic are going to continue to fall into the ocean if this ownerless crap continues. Gordon, Torres and Smith are next to go. I can't see it lasting past this season, but you should prepare for that eventuality. I'd trade anyone and everyone not named OEL, Boedker or Hanzal off the current roster if there's good value to be had. Some of you are convinced that this team is a player or two away from contending, but it's not if Tippett flies the coop, which is a very real possibility at this point. And, as of right now, there's no goalie under contract for next year.

Stock the farm as much as possible in years where it doesn't matter.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:46 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:

I'ld say Vrby, even though his age.
and what is the premise to choosing? Contracts? Skills and fit each player brings to the Coyotes? Positional needs?

rather keep both.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Pieces of this titanic are going to continue to fall into the ocean if this ownerless crap continues. Gordon, Torres and Smith are next to go. I can't see it lasting past this season, but you should prepare for that eventuality. I'd trade anyone and everyone not named OEL, Boedker or Hanzal off the current roster if there's good value to be had. Some of you are convinced that this team is a player or two away from contending, but it's not if Tippett flies the coop, which is a very real possibility at this point. And, as of right now, there's no goalie under contract for next year.

Stock the farm as much as possible in years where it doesn't matter.
I agree with pretty much everything there. I thought about Gordon, he is a great 4th liner. Everything you want in one. Is he worth much tho? Would holding onto him, with a little bit of a raise be worth? Either way, I can see him moved. I wouldn't say Vrbata is untouchable, just that he fits in so well here there probably isn't much value outside of Phoenix for him.

What I would love to see happen, if we somehow got on a roll and became buyers by Tuesday (doubt it) is try to get Ray Whitney back. Dallas has sold off a couple of their wingers and Jagr is a hot piece as of late. Though, we'd have to feel pretty confident to make a move like that.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I agree with pretty much everything there. I thought about Gordon, he is a great 4th liner. Everything you want in one. Is he worth much tho? Would holding onto him, with a little bit of a raise be worth? Either way, I can see him moved. I wouldn't say Vrbata is untouchable, just that he fits in so well here there probably isn't much value outside of Phoenix for him.

What I would love to see happen, if we somehow got on a roll and became buyers by Tuesday (doubt it) is try to get Ray Whitney back. Dallas has sold off a couple of their wingers and Jagr is a hot piece as of late. Though, we'd have to feel pretty confident to make a move like that.
If u can't replace Gordon in open market you work out an extension and ignore the trade market (unless he won't sign).

Old
03-29-2013, 11:08 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Normally, this team would be able to sign UFAs that have earned new contracts and this is a non issue. Smith, Torres and Gordon would all probably be signed. But you have to assume that all UFAs will walk at the end of the year under current circumstances. Standard procedure for non playoff teams is to extract what value they can from these players that they are unable to keep. I'd argue that the Coyotes should extend this philosophy to players they don't see as important 3 years from now.

If someone wants to give you a first rounder and/or prospects for Vrbata or Vermette, you have to do it. If someone offers up something similar to what Murray returned for Klesla or Morris, you have to do it. If there is any way of moving Doan that he is amenable to, you have to do it. These are not core pieces. They are luxuries that the Coyotes can expect to lose when contract time comes. Doan has a year or two in the tank and isn't going to get a cup with a team shedding players and coaches.

Is replacing Klesla and Morris with Gormley and Rundblad such a massive drop off that it ensures lottery status? No. Actually, there's considerable upside there. Torres with Brown? Gordon with Miele? There are options there. Affordable ones, even. And you've got a coach that can make the best out of patchwork.

You can't blow up or rebuild something that was never built in the first place. What little there is will continue to crumble as long as this goes on. You may as well get something out of it. This team is not going to stay or move based off of one or two years worth of losing or winning. Do this thing right while still in flux. I'd argue that in hindsight, this process should have started much earlier.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Kaizen

Gormley needs another half a season (next year) to adapt/adjust to the pro game. He is maturing on schedule but rushing him now would undermine the patience the organization has exercised to this point.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:55 PM
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING

I like what we're doing with Gormley, finally doing it right and DEVELOPING a prospect.

EDIT: 3,000 posts, oh yeah. Who wants to celebrate?

RABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:13 AM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

I'd like to keep mostly everybody, honestly. I like what we've got for the most part. A few tweaks is all that is needed, imo.