HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

John Moore

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 03:48 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Wild fan here.

I just don't get it, if he is showing good signs and developing well, why is he a healthy scratch in favor of guys like Aucoin and Prout? I want to see him in more games but always get frustrated to see him not suiting up.
Aucoin provides veteran presence on the ice and is a right handed shot. Dalton Prout has taken a roster spot by the balls and will not let go of it. Dude's an animal. I think Moore should play over Aucoin, but not Prout.

Old
04-02-2013, 04:16 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Wild fan here.

I just don't get it, if he is showing good signs and developing well, why is he a healthy scratch in favor of guys like Aucoin and Prout? I want to see him in more games but always get frustrated to see him not suiting up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Aucoin provides veteran presence on the ice and is a right handed shot. Dalton Prout has taken a roster spot by the balls and will not let go of it. Dude's an animal. I think Moore should play over Aucoin, but not Prout.
Two agrees.
There must be something we are not being told.
I pity the Moore.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

:16

Old
04-02-2013, 07:58 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Wild fan here.

Prout was an easy choice, the dude is playing very well. Aucoin because we are in a playoff race and he's a veteran presence. Even if people don't agree with why they are playing Aucoin, that is why.

Say what you want about Prout and how he is projected, but for right now when he is on the ice good things are generally happening. He is determined and he is not overwhelmed or out of place. Can't say if it is going to continue, but he's earned his ice time.

Moore has been ok during his two seasons up here, but honestly he could probably use more seasoning.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Prout was an easy choice, the dude is playing very well. Aucoin because we are in a playoff race and he's a veteran presence. Even if people don't agree with why they are playing Aucoin, that is why.

Say what you want about Prout and how he is projected, but for right now when he is on the ice good things are generally happening. He is determined and he is not overwhelmed or out of place. Can't say if it is going to continue, but he's earned his ice time.

Moore has been ok during his two seasons up here, but honestly he could probably use more seasoning.
Any of you guys/girls worried about Moore's development then?

Old
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

DSL, this is the one you want!

Old
04-02-2013, 07:23 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Not at all. He's been solid when's he played.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:45 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Not at all. He's been solid when's he played.
No one would have ever guessed Prout would have taken his spot and refuse to give it up. Those kinds of things never happened to us before.

Last edited by leesmith: 04-02-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old
04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Byrral

I would keep him. He's a smooth skater with some skill and his defensive game has improved. He's also young and he should continue to develop. Not ready to give up on him yet and think he still can translate into a pretty good player for us.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
No; he's still progressing. Savard's the one who's stalled out this year. Prout's just gone above and beyond. These things happen when you have depth.

...and that this can be said about OUR TEAM makes me giddy with delight.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
major major

Let's assume for a second that JD/Jarmo think we are going to have 11 nhl quality defencemen at the start of next season, and want to thin that down to 8 by that time. Which 3 of these defencemen do you move?

JJ Tyutin
Nikitin Prout
Wiz Erixon
Golo Moore
Savard Holden
Murray

Keep in mind trade value.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:11 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Let's assume for a second that JD/Jarmo think we are going to have 11 nhl quality defencemen at the start of next season, and want to thin that down to 8 by that time. Which 3 of these defencemen do you move?

JJ Tyutin
Nikitin Prout
Wiz Erixon
Golo Moore
Savard Holden
Murray

You ABSOLUTELY trade Wiz if you can find someone to take on that huge contract. Savard and Holden won't net you much if anything. So that leaves Nikitin and Moore.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Let's assume for a second that JD/Jarmo think we are going to have 11 nhl quality defencemen at the start of next season, and want to thin that down to 8 by that time.
I'm having a difficult time understanding whey they would want to do this. I understand, there's only so much room, but so little has been proven to this point...I just don't see why you'd want to drop from 11 to 8 in any circumstance. If they're on ELC or 2 way deals, who cares if they have to play in the A awhile?

Old
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:

JJ Tyutin
Nikitin Prout
Wiz Erixon
Golo Moore
Savard Holden
Murray

It's likely that Holden doesn't re-sign with CBJ, Prout could play in the AHL, Murray will need to get his game back and could/should play in the AHL, Savard would be the one to move.... That gets us to 7 and keeps our depth.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

By "move" I was assuming "trade" was meant. Otherwise, you'd just dump Savard and Holden and be down to a comfortable 9.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
It's likely that Holden doesn't re-sign with CBJ, Prout could play in the AHL, Murray will need to get his game back and could/should play in the AHL, Savard would be the one to move.... That gets us to 7 and keeps our depth.
I agree especially with the bold. I said it about Johansen too, and only now are some people saying he was brought up too early.

There are UFA defensemen we could sign to help maintain our depth and have a vet on the d-corps as well (like Aucoin).

Johnson-Tyutin
Nikitin-UFA
Erixon-Wiz

which still gives us in no particular order and assuming Holden isn't retained:

Prout
Murray
Moore
Savard

I think with that depth, if you can swap someone like Moore + for a player like Ryan, you do it (depending on the plus). Also, who's going to be resigned/signed isn't static. Holden has played well in the AHL, for example. If we trade someone like Moore, there's no reason why we couldn't retain someone like Savard (if we don't plan on resigning). JD calling out Savard earlier, seemed to be a set-up of expectations not only for the team, but for Savard himself, as if to say, "We expect you to be a good player. Don't slack off."

Getting skilled forwards will also have the added benefit of helping the younger players like Johansen progress.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
EDM

It appears someone is forgetting Golubouf(sp) who is also a solid prospect.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:23 PM
slightlystewpid420

We definitely don't need to thin out the defense. We used 11 defense this season, and we definitely needed all of them. We can move one maybe two defensemen at most. Its is necessary to have capable NHL men in the minors at all time. Especially if we want to be able to make a playoff run. If we don't have a fully stocked team and whenever we make it to the playoffs it'll be hard to go very far. We need to keep our picks and stock the farm full of top notch prospects. Maybe reshape(trade) some pieces this offseason/draft and restart with a full, healthy, in shape, cohesive team next season.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:54 AM
major major

I don't disagree with anything that's been said in response to the question I posed above. But the question wasn't meant to be realistic, I was posing a hypothetical to get a sense of where people place our defencemen. To this point, the one answer to the hypothetical is close to my position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
You ABSOLUTELY trade Wiz if you can find someone to take on that huge contract. Savard and Holden won't net you much if anything. So that leaves Nikitin and Moore.
One exception is that I think Savard still has some value, maybe even a second rounder. I say this despite knowing that his point production has dropped precipitously since being sent down this year. I do agree that Nikitin and Moore have good trade value and are partially redundant within our depth chart.

More realistically, of course, Holden will likely sign somewhere else where he can get NHL minutes, and Golo - Murray - Savard - Moore can still play in the AHL and have yet to "force their way" onto the Jackets' roster.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:02 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

We're writing off Savard like we wrote off Calvert last year. I still have high hope for the guy, and hope we hang onto him unless we're getting a scoring forward for him (in a package).

Old
04-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
DSL, this is the one you want!

I looked for the edit but couldn't find it!

Old
04-03-2013, 05:43 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
We're writing off Savard like we wrote off Calvert last year. I still have high hope for the guy, and hope we hang onto him unless we're getting a scoring forward for him (in a package).
Who's "we"?

Matty-boy is my favorite.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:03 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Savard, IMO, does not fit with the way this team's identity is evolving (lumbering, slow). He could fit in somewhere else, but I just don't see it here. Not yet, anyway. Besides, I think Savard trending down has more to do with this teammates trending up than anything specific to him.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

With the glut of the younger guys: Moore, Erixon, Prout, Golo, Murray, Savard.... I tend to think a young defenseman is getting moved if a deal is made today involving an NHL player. Although logic might tell us the best return could come from moving one of the "Big Three" (Wiz, Johnson, Tyutin) and it opens up spots on the current defense.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:14 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Who's "we"?

Matty-boy is my favorite.
We as a board. Wish I could link specifics, but people were willing to dump Calvert to next to nothing last year.

Closed Thread