HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers - Canucks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
  #1
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da Big Apple
Country: United States
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Rangers - Canucks

I specifically said "value" instead of proposal, would like some input to see if this can be basis for a deal.

Kesler + Edler + 2013 and 2015 Van 1sts, + one decent prospect, pref. a C, that can be agreed upon. There is also one additional CONDITIONAL 1ST based on Kesler's play next year.
for
Stepan + Girardi + Gaborik

analysis:
Kesler has been out, his availability/effectiveness for playoffs remains to be seen.
Also concern with injuries compiling, is he turning into another Chris Drury? I think possibly, but not immediately. Still, it all affects his value.

Edler is a bit better than Girardi, for overall. Is a better skater. Girardi is the better purely defensive D. Edler is younger, less wear and tear. I don't think Girardi will challenge Chris Chelios, but will do another 5ish years min, even with his style of play.

So, package deal, with some reciprocal balance, 2Cs for 2Ds, banged up v. less banged up.

Stepan now offsets lack of 100% Kesler not available, Girardi ok for 'nucks.
Van gets Gaborik for the 2 late 1sts with a prospect.
NY CONDITIONALLY get one more 1st if Kesler turns completely broken down before end of next year, which hopefully will not be the case.

This has already been excoriated by a few at the Ranger boards for reasons, including Girardi is our only top righty D etc, which are side issues they have a right to raise but which are not priority for me.

I am looking for a win win deal which adds quality and assets to Rangers.

To do that, have to offer Canucks improved shot at Cup this year/next. Trust I succeeded.

Thoughts?

And what prospect (pref a C) would be good in this deal coming to NY?

bernmeister is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
  #2
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
lock it up

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
  #3
Zoombie
Registered User
 
Zoombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
I think Van needs to add. Could they throw in Schneider and their 2017 and 2018 1st round picks?

Zoombie is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
  #4
YP44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
lock it up
haha yes please do

YP44 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
  #5
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..
 
Nothing As It Seems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,633
vCash: 500
****** the Canucks in fantasy land. Par for the course though. Shouldn't have even clicked the OP.

Nothing As It Seems is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
  #6
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
I think Van needs to add. Could they throw in Schneider and their 2017 and 2018 1st round picks?
on the condition that i have a philly cheese steak for dinner tonight after the rangers beat the flyers

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
  #7
Max Kellerman
dim jim
 
Max Kellerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: United States
Posts: 48,784
vCash: 50
**** no from a Canucks POV

Max Kellerman is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:05 PM
  #8
Max Kellerman
dim jim
 
Max Kellerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: United States
Posts: 48,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
I think Van needs to add. Could they throw in Schneider and their 2017 and 2018 1st round picks?
I really, really hope this is

Max Kellerman is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:06 PM
  #9
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da Big Apple
Country: United States
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
**** no from a Canucks POV
Fair enough. But what, you don't consider Stepan now for an unavailable/limited available Kesler to be worth it?

bernmeister is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:07 PM
  #10
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 29,701
vCash: 130
Rangers probably want the Sedins too, they could add Richards into their package...

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
  #11
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..
 
Nothing As It Seems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,633
vCash: 500
Lets just simplify this. Eminger for Bieksa. Super fair.

Nothing As It Seems is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
  #12
Max Kellerman
dim jim
 
Max Kellerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: United States
Posts: 48,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Lets just simplify this. Eminger for Bieksa. Super fair.
Wait, what

Max Kellerman is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM
  #13
Max Kellerman
dim jim
 
Max Kellerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: United States
Posts: 48,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Fair enough. But what, you don't consider Stepan now for an unavailable/limited available Kesler to be worth it?
Nope. Why because Kesler is the better player by a mile when he's on his game. I still have faith in Kesler. He's my favorite current player in the league, he's a top 5 two-way forward in the league.

Max Kellerman is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM
  #14
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Rangers probably want the Sedins too, they could add Richards into their package...
Rangers:
Stepan (#2C)
Gaborik (#1 RW)
Girardi (#2 D-Man)

What team in their right mind would ever do a trade with that many vital pieces going the other way. Especially when you're receiving no one to fill their current spots. We Get Edler who slots in on the off-side. And then Gaborik and Stepan go for an injured Kesler.

Until Kesler comes back, our roster would look terrible. As if it's not bad enough.

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham
Haley-Newbury-Powe

Complete destruction to our team. Miller an AHL player ATM on our 2nd line.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
  #15
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I specifically said "value" instead of proposal, would like some input to see if this can be basis for a deal.

Kesler + Edler + 2013 and 2015 Van 1sts, + one decent prospect, pref. a C, that can be agreed upon. There is also one additional CONDITIONAL 1ST based on Kesler's play next year.
for
Stepan + Girardi + Gaborik

analysis:
Kesler has been out, his availability/effectiveness for playoffs remains to be seen.
Also concern with injuries compiling, is he turning into another Chris Drury? I think possibly, but not immediately. Still, it all affects his value.

Edler is a bit better than Girardi, for overall. Is a better skater. Girardi is the better purely defensive D. Edler is younger, less wear and tear. I don't think Girardi will challenge Chris Chelios, but will do another 5ish years min, even with his style of play.

So, package deal, with some reciprocal balance, 2Cs for 2Ds, banged up v. less banged up.

Stepan now offsets lack of 100% Kesler not available, Girardi ok for 'nucks.
Van gets Gaborik for the 2 late 1sts with a prospect.
NY CONDITIONALLY get one more 1st if Kesler turns completely broken down before end of next year, which hopefully will not be the case.

This has already been excoriated by a few at the Ranger boards for reasons, including Girardi is our only top righty D etc, which are side issues they have a right to raise but which are not priority for me.

I am looking for a win win deal which adds quality and assets to Rangers.

To do that, have to offer Canucks improved shot at Cup this year/next. Trust I succeeded.

Thoughts?

And what prospect (pref a C) would be good in this deal coming to NY?
Seriously, where do you get your ideas from? NHL13 GM mode?
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a hockey team works. They are not there just to collect assets, they are there to win games.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
  #16
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..
 
Nothing As It Seems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Wait, what
Making fun of OP. Err... I mean, what, you don't think that trade makes you better? We can add Asham if you include Kassian and your 1st.

Nothing As It Seems is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
  #17
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 400
This thread should really be locked. The Canucks get taken behind the woodshed...


Edit:

Edler
Kesler
Centre prospect (Schroder)
3 1sts

For
Stephan
Girardi
Gaborik



This is literally the worst trade proposal ever.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
  #18
Zoombie
Registered User
 
Zoombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
You couldn't have pooped a worse trade idea than this

Zoombie is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:35 PM
  #19
Max Kellerman
dim jim
 
Max Kellerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: United States
Posts: 48,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Making fun of OP. Err... I mean, what, you don't think that trade makes you better? We can add Asham if you include Kassian and your 1st.
Oh okay. We'll add the Sedins' if you give us Stu Bickell

Max Kellerman is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
  #20
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I specifically said "value" instead of proposal, would like some input to see if this can be basis for a deal.

Kesler + Edler + 2013 and 2015 Van 1sts, + one decent prospect, pref. a C, that can be agreed upon. There is also one additional CONDITIONAL 1ST based on Kesler's play next year.
for
Stepan + Girardi + Gaborik

analysis:
Kesler has been out, his availability/effectiveness for playoffs remains to be seen.
Also concern with injuries compiling, is he turning into another Chris Drury? I think possibly, but not immediately. Still, it all affects his value.

Edler is a bit better than Girardi, for overall. Is a better skater. Girardi is the better purely defensive D. Edler is younger, less wear and tear. I don't think Girardi will challenge Chris Chelios, but will do another 5ish years min, even with his style of play.

So, package deal, with some reciprocal balance, 2Cs for 2Ds, banged up v. less banged up.

Stepan now offsets lack of 100% Kesler not available, Girardi ok for 'nucks.
Van gets Gaborik for the 2 late 1sts with a prospect.
NY CONDITIONALLY get one more 1st if Kesler turns completely broken down before end of next year, which hopefully will not be the case.

This has already been excoriated by a few at the Ranger boards for reasons, including Girardi is our only top righty D etc, which are side issues they have a right to raise but which are not priority for me.

I am looking for a win win deal which adds quality and assets to Rangers.

To do that, have to offer Canucks improved shot at Cup this year/next. Trust I succeeded.

Thoughts?

And what prospect (pref a C) would be good in this deal coming to NY?

StringerBell is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
  #21
Monument
Start The Shooting
 
Monument's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 10,670
vCash: 500
Awful deal for both teams, cut the crap, Bernmeister.

The Kesler obsession is quite annoying.

Monument is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
  #22
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR
 
Kahuna Nanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 62,818
vCash: 50
Yeah, this ain't happening.

Closed.

__________________
Kahuna Nanu is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.