Notices

Bruins re-sign Bartkowski 1yr, 1 way Deal

Old
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

vCash: 500
Who cares? Honestly?

Are we gonna make a thread about every player who might get traded feeling bad for them? So ****ing what, he was about to get traded, it's part of being a pro athlete. Boohoo, life goes on.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:39 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
I really don't think so, as he and Khokhlachev are as good as traded in whatever deals we do happen to make. Maybe he won't be a Flame, but he won't be a Bruin after 4/3 either IMO.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

I think Bart ends up going somehow because his 1 way deal who knows but I think its time PC turned in his value.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
the negotiator

Yup....Feaster may be bad for Calgary but this mess also leaves the Bs with two young assets knowing they are not part of the future and one already listless first winger reading the writing on the wall

the negotiator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
sandtoorr

While I'm sure there's a sentimental sort of attachment you get to the team that drafts/signs you, I think some of you think of it as ... well fans. I love the Bruins and have been following them for almost three decades, it would be devastating for the Bruins to trade me. Bart and Koko have been part of this organization for a couple years my guess is they don't have the same kind of love/attachment to the Boston organization (yet).

I don't think there's any need to feel bad for them. If they weren't good players, and not wanted, they would have been released for nada. If they don't realize that they're not very smart.

sandtoorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Bartkowski got a one way contract he does not deserve and unfortunately for us the GM has some confidence in him and I don't think it is posturing either. The way he talks about "Matt and Bart" reminds of the way he used to off-handeldy talk about Schaef's(Peter Schaefer's) [positive attributes. I like Chia but he has a blind spot with Bartkowski. Odds are much better than not that he remains a Bruin after 4/3 but I hope not. He got traded once, and hopefulley Edm or some other team that is desperate for players and/or bad at evaluating talent will take him.

Edit to answer the question posed by the Op, I do not feel sorry in the least for Bartkowski. He has a one way contract and he knows that part of the business is getting traded.

Last edited by Actp: 03-28-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Answered ops question
Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
He got a one way deal out of this...

Bad Hat Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
He got a one way deal out of this...

He's still going to be traded. Plus, he will probably end up somewhere better than Calgary.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
I really don't think so, as he and Khokhlachev are as good as traded in whatever deals we do happen to make. Maybe he won't be a Flame, but he won't be a Bruin after 4/3 either IMO.
I think it's somewhere between you're probably going to die but we're gonna treat this cancer with everything we have and no, we don't treat that kind of cancer, you're dead.

He went from being part of a deal to being something we have to get rid of.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I was thinking about this with MacDermid. We as fans can sit here and say well he should be playing in the AHL, why is he sitting in the press box doing nothing.

Well, if I was slated to be a career AHL'er, I would much rather get paid 10x my AHL salary to sit around and not play in the NHL.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:52 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

I don't think it's a big deal. The guys know this is a business; and surely they can see the point when the trade return is a Jarome Iginla. I actually thought before the trade went down that a Bartkowski signing might be a precursor to moving Boychuk for salary cap space in the off-season. Bart & Krug become your 6 & 7, and you gain cap space to spend on Horton, Rask, and Ference. Svedberg in the back-up slot. I think it all fits under.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

I don't believe that Koko was part of the Morrow deal.

Regardless, it's pretty damn ****** that Feaster couldn't call Chia back and say "hold off" before he went and told his guys that they had been dealt. Real BS play and I'm happy that Chia held him publicly accountable for it.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:04 PM
sandtoorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Regardless, it's pretty damn ****** that Feaster couldn't call Chia back and say "hold off" before he went and told his guys that they had been dealt. Real BS play and I'm happy that Chia held him publicly accountable for it.
Agreed 100%. Feaster sacrified his reputation by allowing Iginla to control him, and for what? Two B prospects and a late 1st rounder?. Why would he even tell Iginla Pittsburgh had an acceptable offer on the table? He should have stuck to his word and said he had a deal with Boston and it was either get on a plane to Boston or rot in Calgary.

sandtoorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:24 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
What about Horton and Koko? Think about it, getting Iginla would've meant no Horton next year (assuming Chiarelli wanted to re-sign Iginla), and Koko was almost traded twice getting the Kessel treatment. I think this is bad going forward. Horton Knows he's gone that's a bad thing going forward.
The way Horton's playing, it is irrelevant. He literally can't be worse. Soon enough he will be in the press box.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:03 PM
corpfan1

Bartkowski - Can Anyone Explain Why Calgary Wanted The 1-Way Deal?

Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning behind Bartkowski's 1-way deal?

Why would a team request that instead of wanting the player to have a 2-way deal?

What is the advantage for the team?

Or was this purely a sign and trade that Calgary wanted and Bartkowski's agent would only accept a 1-way deal?

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:05 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I suspect Bartowski basically demanded one. Pretty good chance someone would have given him one this summer, so why would he not demand one when he had the bruins a bit over the barrell

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:06 PM
NinthSpoke06

It still irks me that we signed him in order to appease the Flames and then Feaster couldn't get it done.

Feaster should have called Chiarelli and offered a middle round pick for him to make up for it.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
westernhome

maybe they didn't want him to hold out for a million so they insisted he sign for league minimum first

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
compan

Judging by everything that has been seen with how that org has ran recently, I'm not expecting any legitimate reason.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:11 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
It still irks me that we signed him in order to appease the Flames and then Feaster couldn't get it done.

Feaster should have called Chiarelli and offered a middle round pick for him to make up for it.
He may have, but honestly I am not sure it is in Boston's best interest to trade him for a 5th round pick. The B's are thin on the blueline at the moment, and Bartowski is by far the most ready #8 defenseman.

If Boston had dealt him on Thursday as they thought, I think they were going to have to make a quick move to bring in a depth defenseman

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:11 PM
patty59

Quote:

I think he's a decent d-man.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:12 PM
8thRoundPick

A couple reasons, I suspect. First and foremost, familiarity and cost control. If the Flames had to negotiate the contract, they may not get as good of a price on the contract - might only be a 100k difference, but it's something.

Also, it's paid-for work detail. I could see the the offer being bartkowski as-is, then Feaster saying "get him signed to a 1 year deal under $750k, and you have a deal". Feaster then doesn't have to bother drumming up a new contract, contacting the agent, etc.. Saves a bit of work.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:14 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:

I'm glad they didn't. i think this kid is going to be a solid NHL player. better then krug who everyone here seems to love for reasons beyond me

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:15 PM
patty59

If the Bruins didn't sign him Feaster probably would have ended up giving him 5 years 26M

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:29 PM
zaYG

Kid looked solid tonight. If he turns into a solid stay at home defenseman I won't complain, even if he brings no offense.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote