HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Habs - Avs (Stastny)

Old
03-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Habs - Avs (Stastny)

It is the second time that I do this thread but like we all know, the deadline approach...

Before you tell me that the habs have enough center, ( a center CAN EASILY play at the wing )

I think Stastny could be a perfect fit for Galchenyuk, Gally need a great passer something that he is not having with Eller.

I sincerely think that Stastny and Galchenyuk could be terrific together, not because they are both american ( and russian ) but because they complete each other, both have a great shot and high passing skills. Stastny look like upset with all the last trades the avs made and I think a change of scenary could be benefic for him, especially if you put him in a winning situation.

What about Eller + ( pick ) for Stastny ?

The avs save some money and get a decent third line center while the habs get a decent player to play with gally.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Habsfannick

I'd love it but I don't see him coming here to play on a third line

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
JoemAvs

Hell no from the Avs.
And how only possibly a 1st.

Habs 1st will be in the mid 20s and we really don't need Eller.
Especially not if we give up the far superior player in the deal.
Avs need defenseman. Preferably top 2 dman or atleast dman who do not look out of place there.
If we trade from our strength, we need to fill our weaknesses.
We are not doing anyone a favor and upgrading their 2nd/3rd line center to Stastny in exchange for a few spare parts or picks.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Habsfannick

Diaz or gorges?

Old
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Diaz or gorges?
A deal around Gorges and Stastny could make some sense. But I have not watched Josh play this year so it is hard to judge for me.

I did not believe that he would be available anyways.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:09 PM
dustyrockon

I actually kind of like this idea but... Eller is a 2way beast can play so good defensively and so good offensively. and I disagree I feel he is a great fit on the 3rd line with the gallys!

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Staz and Paci would be a better combination, already proven. The problem is we'd probably ask how much we need to add to get him ourselves. Otherwise Gorges makes sense for our needs.

Ultimately both would be rejected for reasonable grounds, we'd possibly settle for your 1st and Tinordi.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
A deal around Gorges and Stastny could make some sense. But I have not watched Josh play this year so it is hard to judge for me.

I did not believe that he would be available anyways.
I don't think the habs will trade gorges, he's a leader in the locker room, but Diaz was in the top 3 defenseman ( in points ) before his injury. I don't know if you need a right dman ?

Old
03-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Prairie Habs

If we are going to pay a guy more than he is worth I would rather it be a UFA than giving assets for a potentially bad contract. If we were to look at Stastny it would be in the summer after all the big names have signed.

Also if we get Statstny it would be to play with MaxPac on the first line, not to collect 6.5M a year playing soft matchups on the third line.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If we are going to pay a guy more than he is worth I would rather it be a UFA than giving assets for a potentially bad contract. If we were to look at Stastny it would be in the summer after all the big names have signed.

Also if we get Statstny it would be to play with MaxPac on the first line, not to collect 6.5M a year playing soft matchups on the third line.
the habs dont really have a third line, and they dont really have a first line... they have 3 second line lol

Old
03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
the habs dont really have a third line, and they dont really have a first line... they have 3 second line lol
Plekanec line gets the hardest defensive assignments and the most minutes.
DD line gets the most offensive minutes and usually faces the other teams shut down unit.
Eller/Chuckie line gets the softer matchups and least minutes. Clear number 3.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Staz and Paci would be a better combination, already proven. The problem is we'd probably ask how much we need to add to get him ourselves. Otherwise Gorges makes sense for our needs.

Ultimately both would be rejected for reasonable grounds, we'd possibly settle for your 1st and Tinordi.
Yeah that will never happen tinordi is off limits

Old
03-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I'd take that deal to be honest. If not for that contract, I could see us demanding more. That said, I don't think Stastny fits their needs.

He can, and has played on the wing prior to joining the Avs.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
shadow1

I think Colorado would take that.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Plekanec line gets the hardest defensive assignments and the most minutes.
DD line gets the most offensive minutes and usually faces the other teams shut down unit.
Eller/Chuckie line gets the softer matchups and least minutes. Clear number 3.
well it is hard to say when they play on the road, and it depend how are the coach's feelings.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Boondock

If I was the Avs, I would consider Eller and a 1st for Stastny. The Avs are not a contender this year, so a deal like this would give the Avs 3 young C's - Duchene, ROR and Eller, as well as a 20ish first round pick in a fairly deep draft, free up some cap space for in order to try to sign a free agent dman for next season.

I can't see the Habs wanting to part with their first, but that is what I would be looking for if I was trading Stastny to the Canadians.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Ceremony
SKYLERWHITEBESTWHITE

vCash: 50
Stastny isn't of Russian descent.

But... this seems reasonable. As does the assertion of him playing well with Galchenyuk or Pacioretty or whoever.

03-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Eller and a 1st is decent, still wouldn't do it as an Avs fan. Stastny has played pretty well for us lately. Still not at the level he once was, but with the way he's been playing for us he could still be a 65 point guy for us I think. Not a whole lot he can do when he is forced to play with David Jones basically every night, who has been atrocious for the Avs this year.

And the whole Stastny not happy with recent trades thing? I mean come on no point talking out of your ass here.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Stastny isn't the fit he was once perceived to be. And his market value probably isn't where it once was either. From the Habs' POV, I wouldn't trade Eller for him. Eller is just looking so strong lately, and has such an attractive contract situation, he basically represents his own self, + upside, + all the extra salary cap space that could be spent elsewhere vs. Stastny. It's not just about player skills head to head. There is no way I'd make a "sensible" offer for Stastny at this point. The ship has sailed for the Habs.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:49 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Eller and a 1st is decent, still wouldn't do it as an Avs fan. Stastny has played pretty well for us lately. Still not at the level he once was, but with the way he's been playing for us he could still be a 65 point guy for us I think. Not a whole lot he can do when he is forced to play with David Jones basically every night, who has been atrocious for the Avs this year.

And the whole Stastny not happy with recent trades thing? I mean come on no point talking out of your ass here.
This, I understand where other teams are coming from when not wanting to give up what what you would be giving up for a true #1 center.

But people need to understand where Avs fans are coming from, unless your filling one of our major needs in a youngish (Under 30) number two Defender, or a 1st line winger. We have ZERO reason to move Stastny and take a downgrade, especially since all three of our centers are now bringing a fair to really good level of two-way play.

It's not like either of Stastny or O'Reilly can't function in a shutdown role and give us offense along with it. Then if one goes down, like Stastny just did. Then bam! we still have two top 6 centers. That's one thing that makes it worth keeping all three if we can.

Centers play the hardest minutes behind defenders, so there is going to be injuries.

I mean look at what Stastny has had to work with? Jones & Mitchell for most of the season... Yet he's still putting up points. Hes not a game changing center unless he has finishers on his wings. Hes a two-way play-maker who can make his wingers better but hes not going to turn trash into diamonds.

A third line center and a late 1st round pick does not help us in anyway.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 03-25-2013 at 08:00 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Drij

hmm no.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post

it come from his father, I can't tell if he believe the same thing it is just a supposition

Old
03-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
it come from his father, I can't tell if he believe the same thing it is just a supposition
His dads comments were made like 2 years ago...

And no Stastny obviously does not feel the same way, otherwise he wouldn't be in an Avs jersey now.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
glenbuis

Why don't we save our first and Eller and use the 6.5 million on a guy in free agency who scores goals , fights with anyone and gives everything on every shift. I think his name is Clarkson. Softny , I mean Stastny would only duplicate the role about 12 others already have on the team.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Greenstickytoes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Why don't we save our first and Eller and use the 6.5 million on a guy in free agency who scores goals , fights with anyone and gives everything on every shift. I think his name is Clarkson. Softny , I mean Stastny would only duplicate the role about 12 others already have on the team.
lollll softny, i mean stastny isn't like he was 3 years ago.. i think Avs are asking
a bit too much on this thread. his 2 last seasons were decreasing and this season
he only has 19 points in 31 games.. with a -11 +/-..
Eller alone would be enough.. Eller is only getting better and better every year and is
4 years younger.. If stastny was the same 70 pts constant player then i'd have
no reason to say the opposite..
even if all Avs fans wont agree.. thats reality man sometimes players lose value

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote