HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers VS Jackets

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
If you were refering to last year, all I can remember is Trottier sending out McCarthy-Oliwa-Barnaby(?) in the final seconds against Tyler Wright and a couple of other softies.
Shelley was on the ice. Suppoosedly, Trottier was responding. Just saying, there's a history.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Ok, not too bad. Still WAY too many penalties. The Nedved line looks really good together and Holik, Barns and Lundy weren't bad either. The other 2 lines didn't impress me much at all.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:37 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Shelley was on the ice. Suppoosedly, Trottier was responding. Just saying, there's a history.
Shelley was tossed way before that.

Trottier was just being a goon, sent out his big boys against Wright, Marshall and someone else. Didn't he get suspended for that even?

Anyway dead topic, didn't think Columbus should be the ones who are looked at like there's something wrong with them that's all.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Ejh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Shelley was tossed way before that.

Trottier was just being a goon, sent out his big boys against Wright, Marshall and someone else. Didn't he get suspended for that even?

The other player was Derrick Walser, If i remember correctly.

Shelley was tossed earlier in the game...

Old
09-24-2003, 05:06 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

lindros scored?!??!? must be the stick, glen. must be the stick!

Old
09-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Edge

wonder if simon gets mentioned the same way murray did for penalties.

But of course there will be some excuse even though they lead to two ppg for the jackets.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:52 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
wonder if simon gets mentioned the same way murray did for penalties.

But of course there will be some excuse even though they lead to two ppg for the jackets.
What happens between Lindros and Wright at the end of the games...

Hi Stick and fight for Lindros

Instigator Misconduct + Instigator + Fighting for Wrigth

LABARBERA Leaving the crease

Richardson roughing + misconduct

Old
09-25-2003, 04:06 AM
True Blue

The more things change the more they stay the same

It IS only preseason, however, there are some disturbing trends here. The undiscilplined penalties are still a problem that Jackass does not seem able or willing to solve. The PK is outright autrocious. Chris Simon takes 2 that lead to 2 goals. Finaly Jackass decides to bench him. Having said that can someone please explain to me how he got more ice time than the likes of Moore & Stals? What did those 2 do to deserve a benching?
This was the 4th game in 6 nights in PRE-EFFIN'-SEASON. Tonight will make it 5 games in 7 nights and those 7 nights were filled w/ plane travel. Again, where is the practice time? Maybe the PK would actually improve a bit w/ more practice. Maybe the penalties would get reduced w/ more practice. How do you go down to 3 lines on what is the 4th game in 6 nights? For that matter, how do you go down to 3 lines in an effin' preseason game?
I said it before and I'll say it again, treating Devries (a 5th defenseman) as a #2 is a HUGE mistake. Want to make him a #4, ok. But anywhere in the top 3 and he will be exposed. BTW, sounds like Bobo had a bang up of a game. :mad:

Old
09-25-2003, 04:22 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
It IS only preseason, however, there are some disturbing trends here. The undiscilplined penalties are still a problem that Jackass does not seem able or willing to solve. The PK is outright autrocious. Chris Simon takes 2 that lead to 2 goals. Finaly Jackass decides to bench him. Having said that can someone please explain to me how he got more ice time than the likes of Moore & Stals? What did those 2 do to deserve a benching?
This was the 4th game in 6 nights in PRE-EFFIN'-SEASON. Tonight will make it 5 games in 7 nights and those 7 nights were filled w/ plane travel. Again, where is the practice time? Maybe the PK would actually improve a bit w/ more practice. Maybe the penalties would get reduced w/ more practice. How do you go down to 3 lines on what is the 4th game in 6 nights? For that matter, how do you go down to 3 lines in an effin' preseason game?
I said it before and I'll say it again, treating Devries (a 5th defenseman) as a #2 is a HUGE mistake. Want to make him a #4, ok. But anywhere in the top 3 and he will be exposed. BTW, sounds like Bobo had a bang up of a game. :mad:
Of course no mention of Dale's penalty with 2 minutes left for holding while they were putting some pressure on.

Old
09-25-2003, 04:35 AM
True Blue

Caught me red-handed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Of course no mention of Dale's penalty with 2 minutes left for holding while they were putting some pressure on.
I just put that out there to see if you would bite. The whole point of my post was everything except the comment about Bobo. Just breaking your ball$ early this morning.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc
What happens between Lindros and Wright at the end of the games...

Hi Stick and fight for Lindros

Instigator Misconduct + Instigator + Fighting for Wrigth

LABARBERA Leaving the crease

Richardson roughing + misconduct

Pretty much everyone on the ice dropped the Gloves. Everyone except Brathwaite :mad: .

When Tyler Wright was leaving, he was attacked by a fan, pretty sure he was wearing a Rags Jersey.

Closed Thread