HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 CHL Playoff Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 06:28 PM
BigD66

vCash: 500
I haven't been able to watch Portland this playoffs and only saw them once in the regular season, so I am quite uneducated about them (outside of stat lines etc.) but I feel like if Edmonton plays like they have been and with the piling up of injuries that Portland will win the series in 5 or 6 games.

Broissoit is gonna have to have a hell of a series.

BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:01 PM
arsmaster

Halifax vs Baie Comeau on Sportsnet tonight. Should be a good game, my PVR will be working overtime tonight.

WHL finals, QMJHL finals, and of course NHL playoffs.

Love this time of year.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD66 View Post
I haven't been able to watch Portland this playoffs and only saw them once in the regular season, so I am quite uneducated about them (outside of stat lines etc.) but I feel like if Edmonton plays like they have been and with the piling up of injuries that Portland will win the series in 5 or 6 games.

Broissoit is gonna have to have a hell of a series.
If they do not find a way to play up to their abilities consistency, I 100% agree with this.

Should be interesting to see how St Croix handles a healthy diet of Seth Jones and Rutkowski. If he continues to produce the Rangers may have a huge steal with him (I believe he was a fifth rounder).

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:10 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Game one goes to Edmonton out west. Portland had a fantastic first period but the Oil Kings eventually grinded out an impressive win. A 4-1 final to kick off the series.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Parise9Crosby87

would be cool to see the winterhawks vs the mooseheads in the memorial cup

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
would be cool to see the winterhawks vs the mooseheads in the memorial cup
I'm still hoping to see London (Domi, Horvat, Zadorov), along with Portland (Jones, Petan) and Halifax (MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale). Talk about draft-eligible talent live and in person. Can't wait.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Game one goes to Edmonton out west. Portland had a fantastic first period but the Oil Kings eventually grinded out an impressive win. A 4-1 final to kick off the series.
That is the understatement of the year. Brossoit weathered the storm in a big way before some opportunistic scoring by the Kings changed the tide of the game.

Should be very interesting to see what kind of Portland team shows tonight and what Edmonton's response will be.

Go Kings!

Old
05-04-2013, 05:25 PM
PumpkinBomb

So last night everyone knows Portland had an amazing 1st period.

What's everyone's opinions of P2 and P3?

I actually thought Portland played the same in P2 and 3, but Edmonton made a few changes that stopped portland from getting odd man rushes, and made it tougher for them to enter the zone. Portland only got 1 scoring chance in the second and 3 in the 3rd to Edmonton's 4 in the second and 6 in the 3rd. (my count not official.)

I said before the series that Edm would win due to better coaching and better goaltending. It looks like that was true in game 1.

PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:29 PM
StrongIslanders90

Is Reinhart still hurt???

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Delicious Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Is Reinhart still hurt???
Out 6 weeks with the foot laceration last I heard. Puts an unfortunate end to his year.

Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinBomb View Post
So last night everyone knows Portland had an amazing 1st period.

What's everyone's opinions of P2 and P3?

I actually thought Portland played the same in P2 and 3, but Edmonton made a few changes that stopped portland from getting odd man rushes, and made it tougher for them to enter the zone. Portland only got 1 scoring chance in the second and 3 in the 3rd to Edmonton's 4 in the second and 6 in the 3rd. (my count not official.)

I said before the series that Edm would win due to better coaching and better goaltending. It looks like that was true in game 1.
so brossoit was the difference. i wasnt impressed with him in the calgary series besides the 4th game
i didnt watch the 7th game tho.

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:17 AM
RJQuack

Moose take a chippy game 2, thanks again to Fucale for coming up big when we need him... Depth has won these games, only 4 assists for our big line.

Tell me if this WWE play... er, hockey hit deserves a suspension... It was better from the back in person seeing Banville jump through the air.... Clown, lol

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:10 PM
JetsHomer

Barrie takes a 2-1 series lead. London has the depth but Barrie has the best top players in my mind. Scheifele with a 5 pointer tonight. With him Niederberger and Ekblad I think Barrie could take this.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 03:36 AM
OOEEL

Hey guys can anyone give me a little insight on WHL Live?

I'm off tomorrow and I was thinking of dropping the cash to watch the Oil Kings game(Live in Arizona so TV isn't an option )

The questions:

1. How's the quality?

2. Is the series pass worth it over a single game pass?

3. It says the series pass gives you access to the archive, does that let me just watch all the games from that series, the playoffs, or the whole season? And how long do I have access to the archives? Till the series is over? Till the end of the memorial cup? A week? A month?

Thanks to whoever can clear this up for me, I appreciate it in advance

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 09:34 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
1. The quality should be ok, as I presume they will be streaming the Shaw feed. But I cant say for sure.

2. I believe the series pass does let you watch all the games from the archive (for that series). As for how long do you have to watch the games? I paid for some playoff games in earlier rounds and can still watch them in archive today (approx 1 month ago). These were purchased as single games, so perhaps you can do that, although you wont be able to access the first two games of the series if that is important to you.

I would say for the price, you would be better off going with the series pass.

You do have to pay by credit card.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Scheifele scores 4 third period goals to lead Barrie to a 6-4 win over London tonight and gives Barrie a 3-1 series lead.

Scheifele also has 10 points over the past 2 games, opening up a 12 point scoring lead in the OHL playoff scoring race.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:15 PM
JetsHomer

Scheifele wasn't content with his 2 goal 3 assist performance in game three. 4 goals and an assist tonight. Barrie up 3-1 in the series with London.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Halifax 1 win away from the Memorial Cup. Drouin with 1g - 3a tonight. Leads the league with 34 points in 16 games.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Halifax 1 win away from the Memorial Cup. Drouin with 1g - 3a tonight. Leads the league with 34 points in 16 games.
Down 2-0, they just poured in goals in the 2nd period - getting 6 in the frame. The real highlight, of course, being Trey Lewis dropping some guy in a fight, with another guy literally hanging off his back the whole time, after some punk blatantly ran Fucale with ~30 seconds left in the game.

That, and the drunken fat pig of a fan who was being belligerent in the stands afterwards, shoved a bunch of security/cops in the stands, and was gang tackled/removed. Only on local cable.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Ashasx

Ugh Samuelsson.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Brewster

Edmonton outplays Portland for the first time in the WHL final but lose 2-1.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
jfb392

Halifax wins Game 5 5-1 and wins their first President's Cup and a trip to Saskatoon.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

And to tell you something about this year's Mooseheads, as dominant as MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale, and Frk have been all year, in a 5-1 league title-clinching game, the 3 stars of the game were Abeltshauser, Fournier, and MacAulay.

Look out Memorial Cup, 'cause there's a freight train a comin'.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And to tell you something about this year's Mooseheads, as dominant as MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale, and Frk have been all year, in a 5-1 league title-clinching game, the 3 stars of the game were Abeltshauser, Fournier, and MacAulay.

Look out Memorial Cup, 'cause there's a freight train a comin'.
I wondered if its because of the great game they played or that this is their last game ever in the Metro Centre? I'm sure it's a bit of both... they deserved the 3 stars, but at the same time Fucale and Frk deserved to be one as well.

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I wondered if its because of the great game they played or that this is their last game ever in the Metro Centre? I'm sure it's a bit of both... they deserved the 3 stars, but at the same time Fucale and Frk deserved to be one as well.
Yeah, I think that factor simply made the decision easier, but was a factor nonetheless. MacAulay with the first and last goal, and solid game throughout; Abeltshauser credited with 2 assists - but really 1 goal and 1 assist - and was a beast; Fournier with the game-winner and played possibly the most "flawless" game of anyone in the jersey, execution-wise, imo... Heck, among those not tied for the points lead, or credited with the game-winner, I think Weegar may have even had a "bigger" game than even Drouin or Frk. I knew nothing about the guy before coming here, but he dissects QMJHL defenses pretty handily with his skating alone. A confident puck-carrying defenseman was a shrewd and timely addition to the D-corps by Cam Russell.

Fucale... well... I would have voted him one of the stars, honestly, so I gladly concede that one. So many big saves that allowed the Mooseheads to keep regenerating momentum; saves that looked confident and sure. He looked totally focused, and didn't seem to need much luck along the way. Kid is g.o.o.d.

Lots of really good efforts, but that's not to totally disagree with you by any stretch, obviously.