HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Florida-Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
  #1
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,552
vCash: 500
Florida-Edmonton

To Florida:

Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton:

Dmitry Kulikov
Marcel Goc

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
  #2
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,511
vCash: 500
Very fair value. Both sides should do it.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
  #3
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 17,533
vCash: 50
I would hope the Oilers would easily pass that one up.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
  #4
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
McManked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,519
vCash: 535
I think it's right in the middle of both Kershaw and Seachd.

I think it's not a terrible trade, but still one I wouldn't do if I were the Oilers. After being high on Kulikov before, I'm not as sold on him now.

McManked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
  #5
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
as a panthers fan (and big yakupov fan) id definitely do it, but i dont think itd nearly be enough. kulikov would be the starting point, but i dont think goc would be enough. id offer kulikov + shore + mueller. kulikov gives them a strong and young top-4 D, shore gives them a very promising young center who can play full time on their 3rd, and mueller can help replace the void left by yakupov leaving on the 2nd line. im not even sure if thats enough though. still dying for that Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Yakupov line

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
  #6
nitz
Registered User
 
nitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Pass from the Oilers.

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
  #7
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Tempting, but if Yakapov is to be traded it will be for a big top 6 forward, counter.

Nick Bjugstad for Yakupov

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
  #8
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,535
vCash: 500
Oil need a d-man, sure. But not THAT badly, lol.

Still, they need to decide how to go about making their team more balanced. Even with Hemsky gone, they are still going to need to do some major tweaks.


TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:44 PM
  #9
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Tempting, but if Yakapov is to be traded it will be for a big top 6 forward, counter.

Nick Bjugstad for Yakupov
Really?

Kulikov would seem a significantly more valuable piece.

EDIT: I'd assume FLA would do that without much reservation.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:47 PM
  #10
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 17,533
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Really?

Kulikov would seem a significantly more valuable piece.

EDIT: I'd assume FLA would do that without much reservation.
I would think so too. Bjugstad is a pretty nice piece to have, and I'm sure he would cost a bundle to pry from the Panthers, but I wouldn't think he currently has the value Yakupov does.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:56 PM
  #11
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
thoughts on Yakupov for Kulikov + Shore + Mueller?

if we draft mackinnon and resign weiss id consider bjugstad for yakupov (although id rather look into bobby ryan if that were the case, bjugstad has been compared to getzlaf after all ) but wouldnt the point of trading yakupov would be to improve the D? kulikov, good strong young top-4 D whos still only 22, shore would give you a fulltime 3rd line center whos young and promising and can slot into the 2nd line when needed. and mueller can help replace yakupov on the 2nd.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:06 PM
  #12
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Oilers respectfully decline, but Kulikov is definitely not a bad start. Would Panthers fans be willing to do Kulikov+Bjugstad or Kulikov+Markstrom? Would help the Oilers fill multiple needs.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
  #13
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Oilers respectfully decline, but Kulikov is definitely not a bad start. Would Panthers fans be willing to do Kulikov+Bjugstad or Kulikov+Markstrom? Would help the Oilers fill multiple needs.
No way would we do Kulikov+Markstrom. We would have no suitable backup plan for a goalie besides FAs.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:10 PM
  #14
PBPantherfan
1st place WTF?
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
thoughts on Yakupov for Kulikov + Shore + Mueller?

if we draft mackinnon and resign weiss id consider bjugstad for yakupov (although id rather look into bobby ryan if that were the case, bjugstad has been compared to getzlaf after all ) but wouldnt the point of trading yakupov would be to improve the D? kulikov, good strong young top-4 D whos still only 22, shore would give you a fulltime 3rd line center whos young and promising and can slot into the 2nd line when needed. and mueller can help replace yakupov on the 2nd.
Yeah no thanks.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:43 PM
  #15
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
thoughts on Yakupov for Kulikov + Shore + Mueller?

if we draft mackinnon and resign weiss id consider bjugstad for yakupov (although id rather look into bobby ryan if that were the case, bjugstad has been compared to getzlaf after all ) but wouldnt the point of trading yakupov would be to improve the D? kulikov, good strong young top-4 D whos still only 22, shore would give you a fulltime 3rd line center whos young and promising and can slot into the 2nd line when needed. and mueller can help replace yakupov on the 2nd.
Way too much. Pass.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
  #16
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,549
vCash: 50
From what I've heard Kulikov has taken a step back since his rookie year. I'd love to have Kulikov but he is not worth a 1st overall pick...

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:48 PM
  #17
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
From what I've heard Kulikov has taken a step back since his rookie year. I'd love to have Kulikov but he is not worth a 1st overall pick...
You've heard wrong. He's been a bit inconsistent but that's to be expected.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
  #18
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
No thanks from the Oil, Nail has a ways to go in his development and processing the game, but the shot, stickhandling and hard passes tell me that once he masters the positioning and timing of the game he will be a major game breaker.

What would you guys want for Campbell though? The contract is a bit scary, but we need guys who can get the puck moving up ice quickly.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
  #19
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,154
vCash: 500
No reason for Edmonton to do this.

__________________
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l553/noiseboi/William_Nylander_siggy2.png
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:53 PM
  #20
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
No thanks from the Oil, Nail has a ways to go in his development and processing the game, but the shot, stickhandling and hard passes tell me that once he masters the positioning and timing of the game he will be a major game breaker.

What would you guys want for Campbell though? The contract is a bit scary, but we need guys who can get the puck moving up ice quickly.
He's probably not going to get moved. He was great last year and he's Tallon's boy. Tallon asked him to waive his NTC to Florida. And no offense, but I don't see him waiving to go to Edmonton.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
  #21
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
just for poops and giggles- what about gudbranson for yakupov?

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:05 PM
  #22
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
He's probably not going to get moved. He was great last year and he's Tallon's boy. Tallon asked him to waive his NTC to Florida. And no offense, but I don't see him waiving to go to Edmonton.
Ya, fair enough. How has he been this year? I haven't seen a single Panthers game this year. Also, is there zero chance of Kulikov coming this way without one of the young guns being involved? I mean, I know 99% of HFBoards has a hate on for Gagner, but with the probability of Weiss testing the market would he not appeal to you guys as a replacement? Plays a similar game to Weiss, doesn't have the same speed and is crappier in the FO circle, but I'd say he's a more creative player. Would be willing to add as well.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:24 PM
  #23
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Ya, fair enough. How has he been this year? I haven't seen a single Panthers game this year. Also, is there zero chance of Kulikov coming this way without one of the young guns being involved? I mean, I know 99% of HFBoards has a hate on for Gagner, but with the probability of Weiss testing the market would he not appeal to you guys as a replacement? Plays a similar game to Weiss, doesn't have the same speed and is crappier in the FO circle, but I'd say he's a more creative player. Would be willing to add as well.
Campbell has not been as good this year for a number of reasons, some which are not his fault. Defensively he's been bad. Offensively, specifically on the powerplay he's been very good.

I don't know if Kulikov gets traded. I could see it but it would have to be for a legitimate first line player. I doubt Tallon trades him if he's the best player in the deal. I do think if we end up drafting Jones then one of Gudbranson or Kulikov has a much greater chance of being moved for a forward. We'd want a young gun.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:36 PM
  #24
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Campbell has not been as good this year for a number of reasons, some which are not his fault. Defensively he's been bad. Offensively, specifically on the powerplay he's been very good.

I don't know if Kulikov gets traded. I could see it but it would have to be for a legitimate first line player. I doubt Tallon trades him if he's the best player in the deal. I do think if we end up drafting Jones then one of Gudbranson or Kulikov has a much greater chance of being moved for a forward. We'd want a young gun.
Yeah, I don't think we're good trading partners given we're in a similar situation. If we're dealing one of the young guns, we'd want to be receiving the best player in the deal. With all due respect to Kulikov, I don't see him being that player.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:38 PM
  #25
Aceboogie
Registered User
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19,972
vCash: 500
Consider it, but Yakupov is still raw at this point, would like to do Kulikov + Bjustad for Yakupov +

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.