HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida-Edmonton

Old
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
ian09

vCash: 500
How about Kulikov + Petrovic?

ian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian09 View Post
Omg

hes a first overall pick, hes not Joe Blow...He will be a star, look at Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Pat Kane, Hallsy, Ect.... are they all just alright or average players? no there all stars.....and Yaks potential would be just stupid to trade for that... you wont get him unless its a drastically huge overpayment like adding your first which will be very high.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:52 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian09 View Post
It would take a deal including Florida's first rounder this year, if they win the lottery as they should.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
armandh01

Hemsky

for

Goc
Skille

:O

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Hemsky

for

Goc
Skille

:O
How about a 3rd for Goc, and Florida keeps Skille?

Old
03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
It would take a deal including Florida's first rounder this year, if they win the lottery as they should.
THANKS for the laugh..

Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season.. so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.

I'd take MacKinnon over Yakupov any day anyway..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
armandh01

Quote:
How about a 3rd for Goc, and Florida keeps Skille?
Skille is big has 74 hits and is 0 +/- on that team, I want him. We don't have a 3rd I believe. Anas 2nd for both. We need to be bigger and stronger in the bottom 6.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
THANKS for the laugh..

Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season.. so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.

Your entire premise is flawed. Yakupov has been played on the third line almost exclusively, and not been given key minutes. Unlike Hall, RNH, Eberle, etc., they are bringing Yakupov along slowly. He didn't have the impact because he has been held back this year. After Stamkos' rookie year, a lot of people felt he had a sub par rookie season. Imagine how dumb Tampa management would have looked by trading him at all, let alone for lower value than what they used to get him less than a year earlier. Nothing about Yakupov's season makes me think he is worth any less than 1st overall this season.

And for the record, its not MacKinnon I want, its Seth Jones.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Skille is big has 74 hits and is 0 +/- on that team, I want him. We don't have a 3rd I believe. Anas 2nd for both. We need to be bigger and stronger in the bottom 6.

Skille isn't good enough giving up anything to get. I would maybe give Anaheim's 2nd for Goc, but Skille is worth very little. We can get bigger and stronger bottom six players without giving up good draft picks.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
armandh01

Quote:
Skille isn't good enough giving up anything to get. I would maybe give Anaheim's 2nd for Goc, but Skille is worth very little. We can get bigger and stronger bottom six players without giving up good draft picks.
Well Belanger + Jones + 2013 5th for both.

I know he isn't worth much but we get a 50+ dot C with 12 pts who hits and a large LW with 11 pts who hits fills out our bottom 6 nicely.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season..
Huh?

Quote:
so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.
Huuuhh?

Very strange post.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
THANKS for the laugh..

Lol you have no sense at all, He's on pace for almost as much points as Hall and Stamkos had in there rookie seasons..well Stamkos and Hallsy turned out to be complete wrecks hey? now Stamkos is the best sniper on the planet and Hallsy is coming along and is playing great...people like you give me a good chuckle so thanks.. It feels like yestaurday when I was seeing deals like this for Hall, because he was supposedly "Overrated" and he had to much hype and wasn't as good as anticipated, well give your head a shake please.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:25 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Well Belanger + Jones + 2013 5th for both.

I know he isn't worth much but we get a 50+ dot C with 12 pts who hits and a large LW with 11 pts who hits fills out our bottom 6 nicely.
I'd prefer keeping Jones over getting Skille. He hits, but he's not a very good hockey player. And isn't the type of guy who will help us improve. Goc I agree with, he could do well for us.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Your entire premise is flawed. Yakupov has been played on the third line almost exclusively, and not been given key minutes. Unlike Hall, RNH, Eberle, etc., they are bringing Yakupov along slowly. He didn't have the impact because he has been held back this year. After Stamkos' rookie year, a lot of people felt he had a sub par rookie season. Imagine how dumb Tampa management would have looked by trading him at all, let alone for lower value than what they used to get him less than a year earlier. Nothing about Yakupov's season makes me think he is worth any less than 1st overall this season.

And for the record, its not MacKinnon I want, its Seth Jones.
Except Stamkos had a pretty good second half to his season (19 points in his last 20 games). Stamkos were in the same situation that Yakupov is, except that he took his play in the second half to a hole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Huuuhh?

Very strange post.
Makes too much sense to you or what?

I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".

Old
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Except Stamkos had a pretty good second half to his season (19 points in his last 20 games). Stamkos were in the same situation that Yakupov is, except that he took his play in the second half to a hole new level.

I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".
Okay, trade us Bjugstad and Petrovic and your first overall pick for Ales Hemsky, Ryan Jones and Ryan Whitney then. It makes perfect sense as Florida would be getting three better players, despite what they MIGHT be in the future. You can't consider MIGHT though. See how silly it sounds?

Stamkos' hot end to the season doesn't change my argument at all. Especially if you consider that after 50 NHL games (more than Yakupov will get this season) Stamkos wasn't putting up numbers. The ONLY reason Panthers fans like the proposed trade is because they know that Yakupov will be a stud and they should need to give up more to get him.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Every trade thats ever included a prospect has been on the basis of what that prospect could be or no one would trade for prospects.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:

I'll give you Eric Belanger for your first. Today Belanger is an professional hockey play. Your 1st is just an amatuer

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Lol you have no sense at all, He's on pace for almost as much points as Hall and Stamkos had in there rookie seasons..well Stamkos and Hallsy turned out to be complete wrecks hey? now Stamkos is the best sniper on the planet and Hallsy is coming along and is playing great...people like you give me a good chuckle so thanks.. It feels like yestaurday when I was seeing deals like this for Hall, because he was supposedly "Overrated" and he had to much hype and wasn't as good as anticipated, well give your head a shake please.

This post isnt worth a serious response..

Old
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Okay, trade us Bjugstad and Petrovic and your first overall pick for Ales Hemsky, Ryan Jones and Ryan Whitney then. It makes perfect sense as Florida would be getting three better players, despite what they MIGHT be in the future. You can't consider MIGHT though. See how silly it sounds?

Stamkos' hot end to the season doesn't change my argument at all. Especially if you consider that after 50 NHL games (more than Yakupov will get this season) Stamkos wasn't putting up numbers. The ONLY reason Panthers fans like the proposed trade is because they know that Yakupov will be a stud and they should need to give up more to get him.
Whatever I type is getting twisted, so it's no point continuing the conversation.

1. The offer was Kulikov and Goc for Yakupov. Which is very different from your example, because Kulikov is one of the best young defensemen in the league, and already served as a top2-4 defenseman for several years.

2. The point is that: fair value and what you would trade a young and talented player for, is to very different things. Like I said, Oilers wouldnt touch an offer for Yakupov of fair value. Have you ever paid for anything for what you except its value to be in the future?

Old
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

This post isnt worth a serious response..
Why not? Its a pretty accurate post.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Whatever I type is getting twisted, so it's no point continuing the conversation.

1. The offer was Kulikov and Goc for Yakupov. Which is very different from your example, because Kulikov is one of the best young defensemen in the league, and already served as a top2-4 defenseman for several years.

2. The point is that: fair value and what you would trade a young and talented player for, is to very different things. Like I said, Oilers wouldnt touch an offer for Yakupov of fair value. Have you ever paid for anything for what you except its value to be in the future?
Yes. Stocks.

Its not a foreign practice, its a gamble and it can be a measured gamble depending on how confident you are a stock (or player) will reach its expected potential.

If you dont think Yakupov will do well, then it makes sense not to trade for him; but obviously every Oilers fan will disagree....

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

Your words aren't being twisted, your point is ridiculous. Future value almost always affects the current value things.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
FrolikFan67

come on guys, take my kulikov + mueller + shore offer, i want that Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Yakupov line!

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Seachd

Quote:
As pointed out, this is completely wrong.

And who are you to decide "fair value"?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Hi, Nail Yakupov hasn't even played half of a full NHL season yet, Stamkos in his first 32 games I believe had even less points than Yak currently does with similar ice time. Stamkos also "took his play to a whole new level" after he was given more minutes/responsibilities.

Oh and those of you saying McKinnon>Yakupov, just watch them play, MacKinnon is clearly the 2nd wheel behind Drouin, who you can argue is better than Yakupov, but keep in mind that even Sean Couturier could score nearly 2 ppg in the QMJHL, this league is a bunch of Marc Andre-Bergerons on defence. Yakupov>McKinnon

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote