HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida-Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
  #51
ian09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
How about Kulikov + Petrovic?

ian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
  #52
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian09 View Post
How about Kulikov + Petrovic?
Omg


hes a first overall pick, hes not Joe Blow...He will be a star, look at Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Pat Kane, Hallsy, Ect.... are they all just alright or average players? no there all stars.....and Yaks potential would be just stupid to trade for that... you wont get him unless its a drastically huge overpayment like adding your first which will be very high.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:52 PM
  #53
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian09 View Post
How about Kulikov + Petrovic?
It would take a deal including Florida's first rounder this year, if they win the lottery as they should.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
  #54
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Hemsky


for


Goc
Skille


:O

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
  #55
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Hemsky


for


Goc
Skille


:O
How about a 3rd for Goc, and Florida keeps Skille?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:41 PM
  #56
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
It would take a deal including Florida's first rounder this year, if they win the lottery as they should.
THANKS for the laugh..

Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season.. so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.

I'd take MacKinnon over Yakupov any day anyway..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
  #57
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
How about a 3rd for Goc, and Florida keeps Skille?
Skille is big has 74 hits and is 0 +/- on that team, I want him. We don't have a 3rd I believe. Anas 2nd for both. We need to be bigger and stronger in the bottom 6.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
  #58
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
THANKS for the laugh..

Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season.. so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.

I'd take MacKinnon over Yakupov any day anyway..
Your entire premise is flawed. Yakupov has been played on the third line almost exclusively, and not been given key minutes. Unlike Hall, RNH, Eberle, etc., they are bringing Yakupov along slowly. He didn't have the impact because he has been held back this year. After Stamkos' rookie year, a lot of people felt he had a sub par rookie season. Imagine how dumb Tampa management would have looked by trading him at all, let alone for lower value than what they used to get him less than a year earlier. Nothing about Yakupov's season makes me think he is worth any less than 1st overall this season.

And for the record, its not MacKinnon I want, its Seth Jones.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
  #59
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Skille is big has 74 hits and is 0 +/- on that team, I want him. We don't have a 3rd I believe. Anas 2nd for both. We need to be bigger and stronger in the bottom 6.

Skille isn't good enough giving up anything to get. I would maybe give Anaheim's 2nd for Goc, but Skille is worth very little. We can get bigger and stronger bottom six players without giving up good draft picks.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
  #60
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Skille isn't good enough giving up anything to get. I would maybe give Anaheim's 2nd for Goc, but Skille is worth very little. We can get bigger and stronger bottom six players without giving up good draft picks.
Well Belanger + Jones + 2013 5th for both.

I know he isn't worth much but we get a 50+ dot C with 12 pts who hits and a large LW with 11 pts who hits fills out our bottom 6 nicely.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
  #61
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season..
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.
Huuuhh?

Very strange post.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:18 PM
  #62
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
THANKS for the laugh..

Yakupov hasn't exactly had the impact yet that people where hoping for this season.. so to value him because he is a 1st overall seems a bit stupid. Because most 1st overalls become all-stars doesnt mean Yakupov has to, so you value him of what he is today, not the future.. and if Oilers dont like the value, then keep him.

I'd take MacKinnon over Yakupov any day anyway..
Lol you have no sense at all, He's on pace for almost as much points as Hall and Stamkos had in there rookie seasons..well Stamkos and Hallsy turned out to be complete wrecks hey? now Stamkos is the best sniper on the planet and Hallsy is coming along and is playing great...people like you give me a good chuckle so thanks.. It feels like yestaurday when I was seeing deals like this for Hall, because he was supposedly "Overrated" and he had to much hype and wasn't as good as anticipated, well give your head a shake please.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:25 PM
  #63
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Well Belanger + Jones + 2013 5th for both.

I know he isn't worth much but we get a 50+ dot C with 12 pts who hits and a large LW with 11 pts who hits fills out our bottom 6 nicely.
I'd prefer keeping Jones over getting Skille. He hits, but he's not a very good hockey player. And isn't the type of guy who will help us improve. Goc I agree with, he could do well for us.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
  #64
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Your entire premise is flawed. Yakupov has been played on the third line almost exclusively, and not been given key minutes. Unlike Hall, RNH, Eberle, etc., they are bringing Yakupov along slowly. He didn't have the impact because he has been held back this year. After Stamkos' rookie year, a lot of people felt he had a sub par rookie season. Imagine how dumb Tampa management would have looked by trading him at all, let alone for lower value than what they used to get him less than a year earlier. Nothing about Yakupov's season makes me think he is worth any less than 1st overall this season.

And for the record, its not MacKinnon I want, its Seth Jones.
Except Stamkos had a pretty good second half to his season (19 points in his last 20 games). Stamkos were in the same situation that Yakupov is, except that he took his play in the second half to a hole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Huuuhh?

Very strange post.
Makes too much sense to you or what?

I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
  #65
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Except Stamkos had a pretty good second half to his season (19 points in his last 20 games). Stamkos were in the same situation that Yakupov is, except that he took his play in the second half to a hole new level.



Makes too much sense to you or what?

I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".
Okay, trade us Bjugstad and Petrovic and your first overall pick for Ales Hemsky, Ryan Jones and Ryan Whitney then. It makes perfect sense as Florida would be getting three better players, despite what they MIGHT be in the future. You can't consider MIGHT though. See how silly it sounds?

Stamkos' hot end to the season doesn't change my argument at all. Especially if you consider that after 50 NHL games (more than Yakupov will get this season) Stamkos wasn't putting up numbers. The ONLY reason Panthers fans like the proposed trade is because they know that Yakupov will be a stud and they should need to give up more to get him.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  #66
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".
Every trade thats ever included a prospect has been on the basis of what that prospect could be or no one would trade for prospects.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  #67
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Except Stamkos had a pretty good second half to his season (19 points in his last 20 games). Stamkos were in the same situation that Yakupov is, except that he took his play in the second half to a hole new level.



Makes too much sense to you or what?

I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".
I'll give you Eric Belanger for your first. Today Belanger is an professional hockey play. Your 1st is just an amatuer

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
  #68
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Lol you have no sense at all, He's on pace for almost as much points as Hall and Stamkos had in there rookie seasons..well Stamkos and Hallsy turned out to be complete wrecks hey? now Stamkos is the best sniper on the planet and Hallsy is coming along and is playing great...people like you give me a good chuckle so thanks.. It feels like yestaurday when I was seeing deals like this for Hall, because he was supposedly "Overrated" and he had to much hype and wasn't as good as anticipated, well give your head a shake please.


This post isnt worth a serious response..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
  #69
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Okay, trade us Bjugstad and Petrovic and your first overall pick for Ales Hemsky, Ryan Jones and Ryan Whitney then. It makes perfect sense as Florida would be getting three better players, despite what they MIGHT be in the future. You can't consider MIGHT though. See how silly it sounds?

Stamkos' hot end to the season doesn't change my argument at all. Especially if you consider that after 50 NHL games (more than Yakupov will get this season) Stamkos wasn't putting up numbers. The ONLY reason Panthers fans like the proposed trade is because they know that Yakupov will be a stud and they should need to give up more to get him.
Whatever I type is getting twisted, so it's no point continuing the conversation.

1. The offer was Kulikov and Goc for Yakupov. Which is very different from your example, because Kulikov is one of the best young defensemen in the league, and already served as a top2-4 defenseman for several years.

2. The point is that: fair value and what you would trade a young and talented player for, is to very different things. Like I said, Oilers wouldnt touch an offer for Yakupov of fair value. Have you ever paid for anything for what you except its value to be in the future?

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
  #70
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post


This post isnt worth a serious response..
Why not? Its a pretty accurate post.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
  #71
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Whatever I type is getting twisted, so it's no point continuing the conversation.

1. The offer was Kulikov and Goc for Yakupov. Which is very different from your example, because Kulikov is one of the best young defensemen in the league, and already served as a top2-4 defenseman for several years.

2. The point is that: fair value and what you would trade a young and talented player for, is to very different things. Like I said, Oilers wouldnt touch an offer for Yakupov of fair value. Have you ever paid for anything for what you except its value to be in the future?
Yes. Stocks.

Its not a foreign practice, its a gamble and it can be a measured gamble depending on how confident you are a stock (or player) will reach its expected potential.

If you dont think Yakupov will do well, then it makes sense not to trade for him; but obviously every Oilers fan will disagree....

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
  #72
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Whatever I type is getting twisted, so it's no point continuing the conversation.

1. The offer was Kulikov and Goc for Yakupov. Which is very different from your example, because Kulikov is one of the best young defensemen in the league, and already served as a top2-4 defenseman for several years.

2. The point is that: fair value and what you would trade a young and talented player for, is to very different things. Like I said, Oilers wouldnt touch an offer for Yakupov of fair value. Have you ever paid for anything for what you except its value to be in the future?
Your words aren't being twisted, your point is ridiculous. Future value almost always affects the current value things.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
  #73
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
come on guys, take my kulikov + mueller + shore offer, i want that Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Yakupov line!

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
  #74
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I'll make it simple. People value Yakupov much higher than his current value, because he is a 1st overall pick. You don't value him after what he might become, you value him after what his value is today. People here already value him as an elite NHL player, because of his "upside".
As pointed out, this is completely wrong.

And who are you to decide "fair value"?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:24 PM
  #75
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Except Stamkos had a pretty good second half to his season (19 points in his last 20 games). Stamkos were in the same situation that Yakupov is, except that he took his play in the second half to a hole new level.
Hi, Nail Yakupov hasn't even played half of a full NHL season yet, Stamkos in his first 32 games I believe had even less points than Yak currently does with similar ice time. Stamkos also "took his play to a whole new level" after he was given more minutes/responsibilities.

Oh and those of you saying McKinnon>Yakupov, just watch them play, MacKinnon is clearly the 2nd wheel behind Drouin, who you can argue is better than Yakupov, but keep in mind that even Sean Couturier could score nearly 2 ppg in the QMJHL, this league is a bunch of Marc Andre-Bergerons on defence. Yakupov>McKinnon

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.